"The Witcher 3 Has 96 Animations Just For Geralt's Combat"

+
Welcome to PR.........if you have ANY doubts about a game, wait until its out and see reviews and impressions from people who are actually playing it, not from Dev's.

Kinda like what they said with the graphics before release. "We are not even showing you the highest settings, we are saving it for when you buy the game, we want you to get a bit of a slap in your face"

Well, ah... that actually happened... for me at least.

Well like the 16 hours of sex scenes and the redkit and the developed for pc first then ported over. Its all just PR talk.

Yep.
Especially the first... Sex sells. Everyone knows that.

Btw, It wasn't really said 16 Hours sex scenes. But 16 hours of sex scene mo-cap data.
But this is also wrong if we see what we have in game :D

Funny, but when I posted my thread "Witcher 3 needs combat overhaul" most people seemed to disagree with me.

One of my biggest critiques in that thread were that the combat animations were slow, jarring and repetitive. It's not uncommon for Geralt to repeat the EXACT same animation consecutively for fast attacks, because it can be difficult to get the timing right for him to trigger a different fast attack animation.

This makes the combat dull and repetitive, and if it weren't for the strategic element, the combat would be absolutely terrible. This game really needs an Enhanced Edition with more combat animations, and the graphics and asset upgrades from B&W rolled into the main game.

Financially it makes sense for them to do this, because this game will be played by millions more years later on PC, and possibly even on Sony and Microsoft's upcoming consoles which will pack a heckuva lot more power than the PS4 and Xbox One.

I'm pretty sure they cut most of those animations from the final game, just like they did that sweet dynamic combat stance in the 2014 e3 build. I also keep wondering why they made his walking, jogging and jumping animations so inferior in the final build.

Personally, I see CDPR's weakness as being too loose lipped with their intentions during development. This disappointment some of us have could have been avoided If we hadn't known about 96 sword animations, knife and axe throwing minigames, 16 hours of sex scene mocap (thought this would have meant more variety in sex scenes), more active monster hunts or the availability of the REDKIT for modding. Really hope they learn from this for their next entries.

I still fucking love this game though.

I'm pretty sure they cut most of those animations from the final game, just like they did that sweet dynamic combat stance in the 2014 e3 build. I also keep wondering why they made his walking, jogging and jumping animations so inferior in the final build.

Personally, I see CDPR's weakness as being too loose lipped with their intentions during development. This disappointment some of us have could have been avoided If we hadn't known about 96 sword animations, knife and axe throwing minigames, 16 hours of sex scene mocap (thought this would have meant more variety in sex scenes), more active monster hunts or the availability of the REDKIT for modding. Really hope they learn from this for their next entries.

I still fucking love this game though.

Well if they change their minds on the things they were planning for Cyberpunk then I'm sure some of us will get disappointed.

we hadn't known about 96 sword animations
<br><br>They never said about 96 sword animations, but about combat animations... using signs, crossbow, different parry, counteratacks, dodges etc. if I correct, in game there more than 50 different animations. I can count at least as much.

Being tight lipped certainly isn't ideal either.

I would rather have them be open and honest when big changes are made.

Not saying they should be tight lipped, just a little less specific. For instance, they could have said something like "there will be more animations for combat compared to TW2" or "TW3 will have mod support sometime after release"

<br><br>They never said about 96 sword animations, but about combat animations... using signs, crossbow, different parry, counteratacks, dodges etc. if I correct, in game there more than 50 different animations. I can count at least as much.

Nope. It was definitely sword animations. They talked about signs, parries and dodges separately. I remember them saying Geralt's sword animations had gone up to 96 from Witcher 2's 20. Hell, they even said you could choose between a fast and strong stance/style

Top Bottom