The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
Appreciate all the work but please work on bigger more substantial textures. There are really bad larger textures that if improved would make a much bigger visual impact than things like mushrooms or stools.

Hey, it looks like the material this roof uses does not have any transparency, so the alpha channel is not taken into consideration. Most thatched roofs are optimized so they only use alphas at their lower edges, but not at the top part for optimization. So all textures on top of the roof have to be more or less filled out.

Appreciate all the work but please work on bigger more substantial textures. There are really bad larger textures that if improved would make a much bigger visual impact than things like mushrooms or stools.
I like looking at pretty mushrooms and stools. One of the favourite textures HalkHogan did was the crates and wooden logs!

Personally I think these roofs are a priority. They are good already true but there are so many of them that an improvement would drasticly improve the visual in general if you know what I mean. Hope you'll manage to fix this :)

Hey, it looks like the material this roof uses does not have any transparency, so the alpha channel is not taken into consideration. Most thatched roofs are optimized so they only use alphas at their lower edges, but not at the top part for optimization. So all textures on top of the roof have to be more or less filled out.
Firstly, I would like to big thank you for the first answer and help from CDPR!! :nice:

As for this problem, I noticed that when I export and re-import to game this thatched roof texture (village_thatched_roof_old_alpha.png and normal map) without any edits, These black edges are also visible. ;/ What should I do with this?

Thanks again for reply, I very appreciate it and I look forward to further help (
besides this problem, I have a lot of other questions). :)

As I wrote earlier, for now I do what to me its the easiest and fastest to do. Also, there are some problems with larger (and not only) textures which I can't solve them without CDPR help.

Last edited:
I noticed that when I export and re-import to game this thatched roof texture (village_thatched_roof_old_alpha.png and normal map) without any edits, These black edges are also visible. ;/ What should I do with this?

What method do you use to pack the files back in to the game? W3Edit? ModKitchen? Some other method?

Everything I'm doing manually using wcc_lite in bat files.

Why I asked it because I sometimes get black to show up on textures when packing with W3Edit but not when using ModKitchen. I have heard some getting problems with broken textures when using MoKitchen 1.01 and that ModKitchen 1.0 works better but haven't personally had problems with 1.01.

What I'm saying is that it might be worth a try using different packing methods while waiting for another CDPR response.

Something new

WIP (50% done): :sleepy:​

Original:

Have you ever tried making a tech support ticket?

Other modders have gotten help that way, just make sure to stick to one issue per ticket.
I don't know if it's a good way.

WIP (50% done):

Very impressive work, @HalkHoganPL , thank you a lot!
I agree that a little darker might maybe better blend in, but obviously your choice.
Also, will there be some sort of ambient occlusion? It's hard to see here, because there's not really a lot of light hitting the roof.
But in sunlight some AO would add a little more depth. I think you did something similar with brick roofs in Novigrad?
Also it might look a little closer to the self-shadowing of the roof to Geralt's left in this old screenshot:

Attachments

• Downwarren.jpg
    Downwarren.jpg
    396.8 KB · Views: 95
And it looks like it has much better occlusion and blending with the environment lighting. Good job as always :)

Top Bottom