The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+

Guest 3841499

"environment\textures_tileable\brick\stone_wall_interrior" and "environment\textures_tileable\bricks\stone_wall_interior_n" are missing, unless were deliberately removed.

Guest 3841499

I think I can fix those. Halk linked his new stair meshes for BOB to his new stair textures for main game instead of linking them to his new stair textures for BOB.

EDIT: Nope, probably broken mesh or something else, but I'll keep trying just for learning experience. Removing the mesh and buffer files worked and vanilla isn't so bad, especially since it nicely works with new stairs textures.

Last edited by a moderator:
MonarchX;n10458372 said:
Good luck - can't be any more helpful that this or it would require and epic amount of PM'ing and etc. Best to just cook Skellige Rocks textures from 4.6 and prioritize them over HDRP 5.0.

Thank you MonarchX ! After deleting some of 4.6 textures which can't be cooked correctly i have finally 5.fix files with the better stones... perfect!
Cheers

Guest 3841499

hoeness23;n10483332 said:
Thank you MonarchX ! After deleting some of 4.6 textures which can't be cooked correctly i have finally 5.fix files with the better stones... perfect!
Cheers

You are welcome. They can ALL be cooked correctly... I mixed some Skellige Stones from 4.6 with the one type from 5.0fix (the one with diffuse texture, C I think). Now all stones look good.

Should I install the ReShade mod that is requaired? Or just enough to instal this HD texture? I installed this mod but without ReShade in requirements so can be complications? Uber settings are required or I can play with high?

Guest 3841499

The configuration Halk advices simply allows for 4K textures, possibly does something MipBias, not sure, but you can go into Config Base folder, find Rendering.ini file, change resolution texture to 4096 yourself and that alone will enable 4K textures. MipBias, the way CDPR labeled it (Texture Quality) is very deceiving and cheap. The higher the quality within settings, the slightly better textures appear, BUT at the cost of increased shimmering. The value of 0 is the best one, but works only if textures themselves are high-resolution/quality/sharpness and many W3 textures are not. I always advice to set it to 0 with Halk's texture.

Bin\Config\Base directory, open Rendering.ini, set
MaxTextureSize=4096
MaxAtlasTextureSize=4096
TextureMipBias=0.0
UseMipRefiner=true

You should also change same parameters in Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings file (open with Notepad), and if those parameters do not exist, add them with values above. Another cool parameter to add is:
CharacterShadowsFallbackDistance=40 (to both Rendering.ini and user.settings files) - increased the distance at which shadows from characters and some objects appear

In game options to get 0.0 for TextureMipBias value, set textures to Low.Quality.

Hello Guys! :geraltthatsgood:
Sorry for the long inactivity, I was slightly busy. But by going to the topic, the 5.1 update is in development and the pace of work is growing. Here are some screenshots of Reworked Rocks v5.0 (yes, rocks were re-reworked four times before but I think that 5.0 is the final one :)) Now also Power Stones are reworked. ;)

Rest of planned stuff in 5.1: wood logs, probably some trees, wood stacks, some stone walls in Skellige, mushrooms (everything in my best quality). Release in a one/two months.

Regards :cheers3:

Guest 3841499

Great work, man! Are you actually drawing them by hand?

Mixing the right rock texture files from 4.6 with the ones in 5.0 also looks good, but the upcoming ones are obviously even better. What about the Sewer Bricks you have shown before? Vanilla ones suck, I tried to upscale them or replace them with some free textures found online (for personal use), but they either didn't fit or looked worse than vanilla...

There is also this nasty low-resolution generic MOSS decal that is applied to a bunch of textures that be awesome to replace. I think the moss-titled meshes in this directory use them "environment\architecture\human\skellige\common\stone_borders" and that moss completely obliterates the beauty of your stone border textures.

I completely understand that 99% of people who download your mod are clueless about cooking/uncookinig, but for your LOOSE file version, could you please do an EPIC HalkHogan-sized favor and attempt to use the following "Guide on uncookable cooking techniques, so that others can uncook the mod and merge it error-free without resorting to all kinds of tricks", please?

Guide:
- Separate epic-sized textures (such as Redania 4K texarray brick textures) from other textures into a separate mod package - prevents OUT OF MEMORY error that happens PER BUNDLE, thus separating textures into 2 packages prevents the error, allows for error-free uncooking and merging
- Separate mesh, mesh buffer, and FX files (w2p, w2mg, w2mi) from textures, pack-only into a separate mod package (and delete 0KB texture.cache file if one is created) - prevents mesh-related errors during uncooking (only needs unpacking anyway), although we can always unpack them ourselves.
- To make DDS Vegetation files uncookable error-free, they must be cooked with all SRT files and all remaining/non-modded/vanilla DDS files for whichever tree type (pinus, abies, etc.) - SRT files can go into either Uncooked or Cooked folder (makes no difference)

I had to resort to Ninja Ripper to extract that sweet set of pine textures. If you don't believe me, I can resend you the latest HDRP 5.0 file-for-file 1:1 in completely uncookable/merge-able format (only with permission of course!), but it's in 3 mod packages, a true LOOSE FILES version format :D.

***Beneficial Tip***: You can actually reduce the number of reported non-issue merging "issues" by separating texture.cache into an entirely separate package without any other files what-so-ever (just texture.cache alone, no bundles, no metadata) - it will function AND will not be visible in Mod Merger, therefore 0 chance of merging, 0 chance of texture-related error, fewer bogus bug reports, fewer annoying replies like this one... The remaining bundles, in a separate mod folder, would not be uncooked without the texture.cache file and would simply be unpacked by Mod Merger. That would prevent all mesh-related errors and be 100% merge-friendly.

As always.., chances of getting a response on this is probably 0-3%...

P.S. You can go as high as 8K textures in W3, but you would have to include edited texturegroup.xml file with 4096 limit replaced by 8192 limit. If you would like I could create an actual Mod Menu XML file (HDRPRendering.XML/HalkRendering.XML) for your mod, where you can specify whichever options, their names, values, etc, and it would not be necessary to provide a custom Rendering.ini file. It would override in-game video options settings of course, but not the vanilla files.

Last edited by a moderator:
larsroar41t4;n10636251 said:
HalkHoganPL looks great, looking forward to see more trees textures edited

Yes, absolutely! Trees, in my opinion, are one of the things that can really use your magic HalkHoganPL! All of them, from oaks to birches! And I'm not talking about just re-texture here, but something like the improvements you previously made for stone-walls, harbor ropes and so on. Unleash your creativity and take your time, but please re-work the trees!
I can already imagine how the game would look after an improvement like that!

Anyway, outstandig work as always!

Guest 3841499

We already have oaks (Better Oaks mod), pines, abies, mesh hedera, creeper, and mushrooms. The rest do not look bad at all in vanilla. You can't even see the difference in branches unless you get really close to the and specifically look for that difference.

From HDRP 5.0, the greatest impact came from a single new wood plank texture because the game uses it everywhere, for almost every village house in Velen/Novi, and in large quantities with frequent repetition. You can easily see improvement even from a distance. Those are the kind of textures that would benefit from HDRP love the most. That is why so many complain of stone textures - they can be seen everywhere with high frequency and if they suck - it's visible and obvious.

Ground textures are everywhere of course and they surely need love. Specular and normal effects are great in vanilla during rain, but much of dry terrain looks "meh" because of low detail and low resolution diffuse textures. I think he is reluctant to improve them because many ground textures blend/merge with each other, requiring re-texturing of all of them to produce a well-blended/merged result.

Well... Trees are basically everywhere in the game XD And even though Better Oaks Mod is a huge improvement it can't save oaks to look strange and "poor" model-wise...
So, what I really would love to see from Halk, other than what he is planning for his incredible mod is a total re-work for trees meaning new texture and meshes for the most noticeable trees in the game, like oaks (god only knows how bad the Hanged Man's Tree looks) birches (plenty of those) the dead trees of the swamp and the burned/destroyed trees found on Ard Skellig in the wood where Ciri and the mysterious elf confronted the Hunt... And many other trees in the game.
Re-working the trees could really make a huge difference IMO!

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

That makes sense, although there are 2 types of oaks - oaks and DEFORMED oaks. I think CDPR specifically made those DEFORMED oaks look... well... deformed :D.

Guest 3841499

BWGameplays;n10638841 said:
Then I trust that a re-worked deformed version from Halk could look even better XD

More deformed would definitely be better!

Top Bottom