The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
Graphic mod is a must-be. Glad to see the HD texture mod for The Witcher 3. While playing this game, I used to be depressed due to the shit graphics.

Last edited:

Guest 3841499

Hello guys! :)

WIP
Comparison 1
Comparison 2
Comparison 3
Comparison 4
Screenshots

Something... like never before... it's coming...
More details soon. ;)

You mean you're actually going to add significantly more detail to structures, architecture, building, and other meshes? If you noticed TW3 lighting sucks and no matter how detailed your textures are, even with ambient and specular parts, many surfaces look flat if you look at them at an angle. They only look good at 90 degrees.

The problem with adding more detail via polygon count is that it kills performance. For example, Novigrad Reloaded make cobble stones bumpy via mesh (not textures) and FPS drop is crazy high on any system.

You mean you're actually going to add significantly more detail to structures, architecture, building, and other meshes? If you noticed TW3 lighting sucks and no matter how detailed your textures are, even with ambient and specular parts, many surfaces look flat if you look at them at an angle. They only look good at 90 degrees.

The problem with adding more detail via polygon count is that it kills performance. For example, Novigrad Reloaded make cobble stones bumpy via mesh (not textures) and FPS drop is crazy high on any system.

On point. Hulk work is absolutely awesome. But... without proper lighting - I'm not even talking about meshes. If you think about RTX raytracing and what it did with QUAKE 2 you can clearly see that lighting is the most important part. It is true for paintings and 3d graphics. Without it witcher 3 will look outdated no matter what you do. The same applies to SKYRIM... ultra super textures but light sucks.

If we could add a true SUN and activate RTX, kill other fake lights beside lamps etc. (you can see a presentation of new METRO with RTX with only one light source.... ) This game would destroy our minds.
Is it possible? Maybe in 5-10years time companies will try to sell as thier products again with that kind of improvement? (RAYTRACING, true water, volumetric sky / clouds / mist ETC).

On point. Hulk work is absolutely awesome. But... without proper lighting - I'm not even talking about meshes. If you think about RTX raytracing and what it did with QUAKE 2 you can clearly see that lighting is the most important part. It is true for paintings and 3d graphics. Without it witcher 3 will look outdated no matter what you do. The same applies to SKYRIM... ultra super textures but light sucks.

If we could add a true SUN and activate RTX, kill other fake lights beside lamps etc. (you can see a presentation of new METRO with RTX with only one light source.... ) This game would destroy our minds.
Is it possible? Maybe in 5-10years time companies will try to sell as thier products again with that kind of improvement? (RAYTRACING, true water, volumetric sky / clouds / mist ETC).

Sure it's possible.... After CDPR releases the source code for Witcher 3.

Guest 3841499

Why is that? Modkit has no Unknown Bytes for ENV files that alter lighting. ENV files can be fully edited, but they won't bring new features.

Would source code allow for a brand new lighting system?

Why is that? Modkit has no Unknown Bytes for ENV files that alter lighting. ENV files can be fully edited, but they won't bring new features.

Would source code allow for a brand new lighting system?

My comments was supposed to be a snarky comment about features that are not available. And yes source code could bring us with all kinds of features that are currently unavailable to us.

But I don't think this will ever come to be. Or that if it would be the case it would require tremendous amount of time and dedicated people.

Guest 3841499

BTW, I think I know what HalkHogan may be scheming to do. I was thinking about it myself - Enhanced Super-Resolution Generative Adversarial Networks (ESRGAN) .

This needs a new thread!

Halk man, you are doing incredible work! Your mod is absolutelly must-have. Maybe you will improve these ones terrible, flat trees, and smaller plants? What do you think? And I can't wait, obviously!

Hello guys!:)
I hope that you didn't abandon this project. Say something, my good man.
Of course not. :) I'm saying:

Due to lack of time, I am writing a quick news about the progress and proof that the mod is not dead. I will quote my previous answer:

"I know I promised that more details, release date etc. is "coming soon" but there have been several changes in my life recently and I was also on short holidays. So in the last period I didn't have much time and desire to work on the mod. Also, some things have surpassed me, which unfortunately take up more time than I originally assumed. But in general I came back to work on the new update and everything is fine, progress is slowly moving forward (the latest version will be really big and significant, compared to 5.1 is a big difference), there are really a lot of textures and models to rework. Soon, or more precisely this week, there will be a big news about the progress, so don't worry, modification is not dead! I apologize for any misleading informations. I will compensate this you soon.
Best Regards"

Here are some textures quality comparisons (Original vs HDRP XXX):
Comparison 1
Comparison 2
Comparison 3
Comparison 4
Comparison 5
Comparison 6
Comparison 7
Comparison 8
Comparison 9

Wait for more detailed informations in this/next week. :)

Top Bottom