The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
DemonWell;n7429900 said:
It's on his Nexus page. Halk posts videos about the new graphic improvements he makes every new versions.

Yes, thank you. I realized the videos contained the latest info, not simply general info about the mod. Still, a written text to keep track of how the versions progressed and what each added (or took out, or modified) would be helpful and welcome -- again, I'm not complaining: the mod is awesome

Can't get this mod to work with "Geralt on steroids." Same files, mesh etc... Can't seem to merge, script merger won't even pick up cause its graphics file?? Can someone please give me some suggestions?

@HalkHoganPL : I guess I celebrated too early. Returned to Novigrad today and the game crashes again, although I merged it with all my other texture mods. I can rule out any conflicts with other mods, since I also get a CTD with only your mod installed and no crashes with all but your mod installed. :(
Any idea what could be the cause? Every other region works just fine (Velen, Skellige, Vizima, Kaer Morhen, haven't been to Toussaint yet), but as soon as I get near Novigrad... CTD :(

Sorry for the third post in a row, but I can't edit my previous post.
So I did some more tinkering and it turns out some settings in my user.setting file cause the mod to crash the game in Novigrad (test area was around the Chameleon/Rosemary & Thyme).
The settings in question are:

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3

In their default "ultra" setting they cause no problems, however after tweaking them, the crashes occured.

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=3 ==> no crash
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=3/2.5/2 ==> crash; 1.5 ==> no crash
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=2.5/2.0 ==> crash; default value ==> no crash
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=2 ==> crash; default value ==> no crash

I did not try every possible combination but always used the highest working value of the previous setting with the next. So my currently working settings look like this:

CascadeShadowDistanceScale0=3
CascadeShadowDistanceScale1=1.5
CascadeShadowDistanceScale2=1.5
CascadeShadowDistanceScale3=1.5

I hope this helps!

"Version 4.1
- removed E3 Novigrad Walls Roof"

Was there anything wrong with it? (apart from the inconsistency in Oxenfurt)

Mezziaz;n7500110 said:
"Version 4.1
- removed E3 Novigrad Walls Roof"

Was there anything wrong with it? (apart from the inconsistency in Oxenfurt)
Something caused the crashes, I wasn't able to identify this cause, so I had to abandon this idea (Oxenfurt was fixed in version 4.0Rfix3). Strange, because I didn't have any crashes but others had them.
Maybe in the future, when I solve this problem, I'll return to that roof.

I've been watching your amazing work in Avallac'h laboratory and I saw something strange. It seems not all scrolls have been replaced with new models.

Is this something wrong with mod or my game? Maybe there are more models of scrolls in the game and it wasn't all replaced with new model?

Hey Halk, is there any chance of fixing the wall texture as you enter Novigrad? It's really bothered me since launch. It was shown in the 30 min gameplay, as Geralt crosses a bridge, the corner of the wall looked awesome and like an actual corner but, they changed it and it looks really crappy now. Not sure why they did that.

If you look at the video below, around 0.55 when Geralt starts crossing bridge, you can see the wall on the left, with the Redania crest on it. The corner textures have changed and it looks terrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6ZU6yEThU8

You can also see how it used to look in this image: http://i.imgur.com/hkyOaa0.png

Many thanks.

Top Bottom