The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
HalkHoganPL, is it possible to extend the work you did on the tiles of the Novigrad wall roof to roofs on most buildings in Novigrad? I don't mean every single building but maybe 60% or so. If you watch that 2014 gameplay video you can clearly see the difference in color of roofs on most buldings - most are faded like the wall roof (most bulidings in the docks), some are dark orange - not bright orange like ~90% of the bulidings roofs in vanilla which makes Novigrad looks not like a lived-in old city that IS a center of the trade routes but instead it appears like roofing is being replaced every month on most buildings which is preposterous.

Here's what I'm talking about

WalteriusMaximus;n7577000 said:
I'm a really big fan of your work, but those latest Thatch roofs are just UGLY! I think the texture you chose is too finely detailed and those details get completely lost in the game, making the straw roofs look more like snot.
May I suggest using something like this instead: http://texturelib.com/Textures/roof/roof_0068_02_preview.jpg

Isn't that pretty much what the Reworked roofs look like? Well, colour-wise at least.
I think a better choice would be to just stick to the original colouring (grass stains, brown spots etc.) but just increase the amount of straws and the resolution.

Then again, I don't dislike the new texture. I can understand how some people think it resembles oatmeal more than a straw roof due to the colouring and thickness of it though.

LukeSparow;n7587470 said:
Isn't that pretty much what the Reworked roofs look like? Well, colour-wise at least.
I think a better choice would be to just stick to the original colouring (grass stains, brown spots etc.) but just increase the amount of straws and the resolution.

Then again, I don't dislike the new texture. I can understand how some people think it resembles oatmeal more than a straw roof due to the colouring and thickness of it though.

The texture that is currently used, is too finely textured and those details get lost in the game. It's not the color I have a problem with as much as the actual texture. It just doesn't look like straw. That is why I made the suggestion of a more "patterned" texture that is easier to identify as thatch. Or the vanilla, which is still better than the oatmeal roofs we have now.
I feel like grabbing a spoon and sprinkling on some cinnamon... ;)

WalteriusMaximus;n7593770 said:
The texture that is currently used, is too finely textured and those details get lost in the game. It's not the color I have a problem with as much as the actual texture. It just doesn't look like straw. That is why I made the suggestion of a more "patterned" texture that is easier to identify as thatch. Or the vanilla, which is still better than the oatmeal roofs we have now.
I feel like grabbing a spoon and sprinkling on some cinnamon... ;)

Yeah I see what you mean Walterius. Having played a little more with the original thatched roofs, I must agree that sadly the HD Reworked version of these is a bit of a downgrade. No biggy, as the rest of the work is phenomenal, but a bit of a shame nontheless.

Hello!
Reworked Beauclair Roads:
(Screenshots are reduced, open it in a new tab to see the full resolution.)

Marcin_89.683;n7526980 said:
When i move camera up this "object" disappears
It's vanilla game bug, It's not caused by modification.

WalteriusMaximus;n7577000 said:
I'm a really big fan of your work, but those latest Thatch roofs are just UGLY! I think the texture you chose is too finely detailed and those details get completely lost in the game, making the straw roofs look more like snot.
May I suggest using something like this instead: http://texturelib.com/Textures/roof/...02_preview.jpg
In the next update thatch will be improved. ;)

Regards

Last edited:
Hey Halk, the new update is great! That is except for the thatch and tiled roofs, for which I still prefer the vanilla ones.

I'm having the same issue as the person quoted below when trying to uncook the files.
agreusel;n7390940 said:

Which is:

[2017.02.11 03:07:13][Info][WCC] Uncooking file 'C:\NMM\Unpacked\modHDReworkedProject\dlc\bob\data\environment\decorations\gameplay\generic\containers\sacks\gen_sack_carry.w2mesh'...
[2017.02.11 03:07:13][Warning][WCC] Failed to load contents from file 'C:\NMM\Unpacked\modHDReworkedProject\dlc\bob\data\environment\decorations\gameplay\generic\containers\sacks\gen_sack_carry.w2mesh'!

Cheers!

HalkHoganPL Awesome work as always, btw, are you running out of textures to improve? or the game has so many textures which could require a rework that there is always something to work on?

Halk, is this amazing ground texture also your work? If so, thanks! Looks absolutely perfect. So real...

Will this new update delete Novigrad old wall texture? I am asking because HalkHogan removed wall texture from last update. i am using old one and there is no any crash for me.

amfibiya89;n7757850 said:
Will this new update delete Novigrad old wall texture? I am asking because HalkHogan removed wall texture from last update. i am using old one and there is no any crash for me.

No crashes here either. :)

And I bet you mean the brown "E3" roofs right?

ayyudee;n7752930 said:
HalkHoganPL Awesome work as always, btw, are you running out of textures to improve? or the game has so many textures which could require a rework that there is always something to work on?

He's definitely not running out of textures to improve. More like being overwhelmed by the huge number of textures still needing work. All the timber structures for example (timber huts, bridges, etc) sorely needs an update.

WalteriusMaximus;n7775720 said:
The brown roof tiles around Novigrad's wall was removed because it looked too inconsistent with the rest of the vanilla red novigrad roofs.

No. If you watch few post eralire you can see the reason why that roofs and walls get removed. The reason is, it crashed for many users. And red roofs were same in E3 too. I mean red roofs was there too. So reason was not red roofs but crash :)

Top Bottom