The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
LukeSparow its not only the bad color as it is as much the bad texture of the aspen trees. also essenthy is well aware of this problem as i brought it up in a tweet to him

Last edited:
PATROL;n7777380 said:
No, they were removed because of crashes, but many people have no crashes.

That may be true, but myself and others thought the roofs looked absolutely terrible. There was a mishmash of LODs, different colors including even a whiter color, and various other abnormalities that made those roofs look completely ridiculous and not at all what the designers actually intended.

If you could somehow just paint all roofs correctly along with their LODs well maybe that could be an option for the mod. But Vanilla colors IMO should not be tampered with much for the biggest city of the game.

Don't get me wrong, the mod is amazing and everyone respects the work being done. Bar none this is one of the THE BEST mods out there and Halk does amazing work. But crash or no crash there would have been endless bitching, from me too, if those roofs had not been made back to normal.

That is a HUGE change to make to a game for a texture overhaul. And it left a lot of people feeling it was extremely inconsistent. This was all on Nexus forums FYI.

At any rate I am VERY glad the roofs are normal now. The LODs alone would have took a long time for all those roofs let alone color matching the entire city. In my opinion and many others it is a complete waste of time.

There is so much that can be done in this game and little time to actually make the mod.

Last edited:
FrankPredator7
Whenever Halk finds the time and effort to release it!
He probably will eventually, but please do remember that this is a hobby project Halk has taken on in his free time.

LukeSparow;n8181380 said:
FrankPredator7
Whenever Halk finds the time and effort to release it!
He probably will eventually, but please do remember that this is a hobby project Halk has taken on in his free time.

I know that it´s his hobby,but I´m impatient to start a new game + and I need to ask hahaha

FrankPredator7;n8181530 said:
I know that it´s his hobby,but I´m impatient to start a new game + and I need to ask hahaha

It's true, he has been very quiet since his last update and his mod page says he is going to update with information "every day". So of course there is a certain expectation, which he himself created.

WalteriusMaximus;n8181640 said:
It's true, he has been very quiet since his last update and his mod page says he is going to update with information "every day". So of course there is a certain expectation, which he himself created.

Yeah that's more than fair I suppose. He has indeed created that expectation.
It's kind of odd that he has chosen to do it again since he did this before his previous update too and did not do daily updates then either.

Still, it's just a mod project. I don't think it's fair to hold him to any obligations. But yes I do understand why people would get anxious for a new update.

WalteriusMaximus;n8181640 said:

Hi,WalteriusMaximus anything new about the lod of weathered wood and your bricks wall and roads mods?
I know this is off topic,but I ask on your mod page a week ago without a response... :(

FrankPredator7;n8182150 said:
Hi,WalteriusMaximus anything new about the lod of weathered wood and your bricks wall and roads mods?
I know this is off topic,but I ask on your mod page a week ago without a response... :(

Oh! Sorry I forgot to respond. I still haven't figured out how to change LODs. I don't think Halk has even figured it out because there was the same issue with Novigrad wall roof appearing red from far (LOD) and then a more faded color when the full texture is loaded.
Retexturing brick walls isn't a priority right now as I am trying to find time for another texture project (Ursine Armor).

WalteriusMaximus;n8182230 said:
Oh! Sorry I forgot to respond. I still haven't figured out how to change LODs. I don't think Halk has even figured it out because there was the same issue with Novigrad wall roof appearing red from far (LOD) and then a more faded color when the full texture is loaded.
Retexturing brick walls isn't a priority right now as I am trying to find time for another texture project (Ursine Armor).

Ok,thanks for respond,I hope Halk can help you with LOD and good luck for your new project :) I will wait for the brick walls mod

Hello everyone!
I have bad news - unfortunately, but as you have noticed, for a long time I am inactive on forum and on nexus too. This is due to the fact that I do not have time for modding now and unfortunately I have to abandon the modification for a long time. Maybe I'll come back to this project someday, maybe. I hope you understand that, thank you for all your support. Have a good day! :)
Regards.

Last edited:
HalkHoganPL;n8292670 said:
Hello everyone!
I have bad news - unfortunately, but as you have noticed, for a long time I am inactive on forum and on nexus too. This is due to the fact that I do not have time for modding now and unfortunately I have to abandon the modification for a long time. Maybe I'll come back to this project someday, maybe. I hope you understand that, thank you for all your support. Have a good day! :)
Regards.

sad:(
respect

Hello everyone!
Regards.

Oh no! Those stone borders were going to be so glorious!
It is what it is man, life takes priority always :)
Good luck with all your endeavours!

Hello everyone!
Regards.
Ohh... :( That´s a shame,I was waiting impaiently for the stone borders...Well,good luck with your priorities, I hope you come back soon :)

Hello everyone!
Regards.
Hmm, part of me hopes that this is an April fool's joke :hmm:

I'm very grateful for all the awesome work you invested into this mod, HalkHoganPL ! You truely created something outstanding that many of us love. I wish you all the best for wherever in your life you're heading right know and I hope we'll meet each other again. Oh, and +1 on hoping this was just an April's fool :)

Top Bottom