The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
HalkHoganPL;n9269431 said:
If you guys have any suggestions or opinions, I'm positive to read them. :)
I just want to know if it's possible to do this with mirrors and metallic surfaces like armor and swords?

And is there any performance impact?

LukeSparow;n9269521 said:
Fantastic stuff Halk!
Could you do give the water in Velen/Novigrad a colouring treatment too? Right now the water is blue when really (if you look at real-world references of water in cities and whatnot) it should also have a more greener colour like in your Skellige reworked water!

This green colour doesn't make so much sense for the skellige ocean as that's a deep body of water which should be deep blue/black realistically speaking (so vanilla is fine)

Perhaps White Orchard should also get that new water since it's mostly small streams.

Good idea?

HalkHoganPL Brilliant work and I'm also running out of superlatives here! I love how the water flows, very natural. And reflections in the fountain - fugget about it! Sewer water finally looking like sewer water.

I think Velen/Novigrad water would also benefit from this treatment as currently that teal oily water is one of the biggest eye-sores in that area. Maybe even draw inspiration as far as water color from that E3 gameplay video. But even the same color as your Skellige rivers would be ten times better than what we have now in vanilla.

Last edited:
Hello again!
Again after many hours of work (mainly arduous parameters configuration) I have some news:

In version 4.8 almost all Water (Puddles, Fountains, Sewers, Bathtubs e.t.c.) will be reworked. :)

I already improved Skellige rivers/streams to look more like mountain water. Now water has slightly bluish/greenish color + is more clear and in my opinion perfectly fit to Skellige climat. No more moving white stripes! :)

Here small GIF, how reworked water flows:

Example of reworked fountain water:

I already reworked sewers water to looks more like sewers water. Oryginally water in sewers are clean and have a lot of foam, I HDRP they have more yellow/green and dirty look.

If you guys have any suggestions or opinions, I'm positive to read them. :)

I think there is no sense to talk about such small bugs. Also probably I wouldn't be able to fix this.
Best Regards, Halk ;)

thank you for reply and amazing work btw

In version 4.8 almost all Water (Puddles, Fountains, Sewers, Bathtubs e.t.c.) will be reworked. :)

Here small GIF, how reworked water flows:

Thats Amazing Halk.
This is really impressive work and really top notch.
Simply incredible how you raise the graphics quality of this game.

You have no clue how happy this makes me. Words can't describe this :D

Last edited:
Incredible work Halk, I've been waiting forever for someone to restore reflections to puddles, you're a miracle worker, BTW is it possible to get a separate version for ONLY the water changes? I want to try it without straining my GPU's limited VRAM.:sad:

The green color on the bottom of water locations is spot on, but is the white foam removal necessary? Foam is from the few things that escaped the down..*cough* optimization.

Septerra_Core;n9271221 said:
The green color on the bottom of water locations is spot on, but is the white foam removal necessary? Foam is from the few things that escaped the down..*cough* optimization.

same

Calm down guys, I says that I'm open to all opinions and suggestions so why there are these complains?
I already gave some foam to sewers water. It was enough to express your opinion calmly...

I dunno, I think the foam in the sewers will definitely not be missed.
It's your mod in the end Halk, if you want the foam out there I say do it.

Anyhow, I am really excited for this update!

Top Bottom