The Witcher 3 HD Reworked Project by Halk Hogan PL

+
HalkHoganPL;n9332961 said:

Yes: :)

I'm currently working hard on Stone Borders (V4), they are much better than previous V3. :)

Besides that I already reworked Waterfalls, Splashes and other water effects. ;)

Best Regards :nice:

Halk you are giving us something that witcher 3 needed. The "next-gen" look. Now it looks very good and it is way better than the original. One more thing if somebody would have time should we create list of mods that contain this and make from it realy the best looking game?

HalkHoganPL;n9332961 said:
I'm currently working hard on Stone Borders (V4), they are much better than previous V3. :)

They look good! My only observation is that the HD walls appear to be heavily-weathered, or un-quarried stone -- 'softened', as it were -- such as farmers might build from the rocks they pulled from their fields, or from the riverside; whereas the originals were of masoned blocks, as would be produced in a quarry. The difference is rather slight, but interesting.

Regardless, fine work!

Last edited:
Screenshots and gameplay videos don't even do it justice. It's THAT good with water reflections and new border walls.

As always, may your axe never crumble.

HalkHoganPL Monumental work! It's a shame that the result of interacting with shallow waters, rivers, streams and puddles (like water splashing when jumpin on it or casting Aard) is absent but that it drawback of a vanilla game. Still weird that Aard ripples and splashing do work on ocean water and river around Novigrad. I wonder if there is a way to extend this effect to rivers also.

Nope, is not possible. The ripple effect is only existent on tessellated water. The big rivers and the ocean are tessellated. That's why we can't bring back the cool water effects from E3 or even transfer it to the other sufaces you mentioned. If we could find the code for the tessellation, it could be doable though.... I looked into every file related to water that I could find. But nothing for tessellation though.

I noticed a slight performance INCREASE with the latest update. Could it have something to do with the new rocks or some other texture update? Was v4.6 somehow less optimized? I did not expect any performance increase because of the new water reflections. In fact I expected the exact opposite.

ImprovizoR;n9480381 said:
I noticed a slight performance INCREASE with the latest update. Could it have something to do with the new rocks or some other texture update? Was v4.6 somehow less optimized? I did not expect any performance increase because of the new water reflections. In fact I expected the exact opposite.

he got rid of some of the high resolutions 4k rocks and some other rock textures, i would prefer to still have them so i am currently using both 4.8 and 4.7

Top Bottom