The Witcher 3 Modding

+
There will be two mods that I'll look for once the game releases (hoping for some quick mod releases)
- Zero Weight mod

Me too, I suspect. If the tools are available, I'll even consider making it myself. (Hopefully, if it's anything like TW2, it'll be possible even without the REDKit)
I know it's anathema, and totally wrong to want it, but I hate having to agonise over what to drop/sell and what to keep on a first playthrough.

There will be two mods that I'll look for once the game releases (hoping for some quick mod releases)
- Zero Weight mod
- Weapon durability Fix mod

+1 If when I get the game the game play feels that it is needed. Kind of hard to judge what mods will be needed until I get my hands on the game :D but those are two things I hate in most games. Being a hoarder and hate micro managing...

+1 If when I get the game the game play feels that it is needed. Kind of hard to judge what mods will be needed until I get my hands on the game :D but those are two things I hate in most games. Being a hoarder and hate micro managing...

The "Weapon Durability" one would be a "Maybe" for me. I'll wait and see if it annoys me or not. It might.

Me too, I suspect. If the tools are available, I'll even consider making it myself. (Hopefully, if it's anything like TW2, it'll be possible even without the REDKit)
I know it's anathema, and totally wrong to want it, but I hate having to agonise over what to drop/sell and what to keep on a first playthrough.

The hoarder in me kindly asks you to share this mod, if you choose to make it. :D

The "Weapon Durability" one would be a "Maybe" for me. I'll wait and see if it annoys me or not. It might.

Yeah me too. It is a hard thing to get right. you either have them need repairing to often that it gets annoying or it degrades so slowly you never have a weapon long enough for it to matter. I prefer with it off so I don't have to pay that much attention ;)

They'd definately have to see how many people that haven't bought the game yet because of no female VA (yeah right) or I guess more like how many people would pay for that DLC. Though again, them doing it isn't that realistic in a sense they'd be destroying their well planned story...

That seems a little aggressive. And seems to willfully miss most of what I've written.

But no one has explained how changing the character changes the story. It doesn't. It only changes how players sees their Avatar. That being said, you've abundantly clear you don't like it and don't want to play the Wild Hunt with anything but the Vanilla CDPR version of Geralt. Thats cool.

The hoarder in me kindly asks you to share this mod, if you choose to make it. :D

Oh, I will, but I suspect someone else will make it well before I do.
Anyway, it looks like I won't need to honour the promise I made last year to Costin about creating the "Hung Over" tattoo, as it should already be in the game.

Modding Geralt's gender or race, and if CDPR should facilitate materials for this endeavour, is a different matter entirely. And is fair play.

Don't worry about it. If the moderators don't even want me to be talking about this, I know when to take a hint. As I said when I introduced myself, I figured this would be my only post. I'll come back when Cyberpunk is coming online and talk about customizing netrunners.

Nice...I hate hoods...So, thanks again for providing hoodless armors.
Though, I thanked you already few years ago on Nexus... :)

There's probably better ones around since REDKit came out and people could modify the actual armour. Mine were pre-REDKit. But I think this is proof that I don't object to lore-breaking mods :)

View attachment 12521

Attachments

• SantaWitch.jpg
    SantaWitch.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
Let's see. You have a Witcher, who practices a trade that only boys are trained for, and who crucially adopts and tries to raise a girl in place of her father.

Saying that changing this character into a female changes only your avatar is on the order of saying that making Sam Spade or the High Plains Drifter into a female is nothing more than a costume change. You can do that sort of modding on your own nickel, but you shouldn't expect any kudos or assistance.

If the moderators don't even want me to be talking about this
The mod said you could talk about it. Just not the tangent about what you think Geralt's character should be tangent that you kept going into. Never said you couldn't talk about your mod proposal itself...

---------- Updated at 01:29 AM ----------

Saying that changing this character into a female changes only your avatar
Several people including me already tried to explain how involved the story is into male oriented plots, but he didn't see ANYONE try to explain it to him, here's hoping he'll notice this one :D

The mod said you could talk about it. Just not the tangent about what you think Geralt's character should be tangent that you kept going into. Never said you couldn't talk about your mod proposal itself...

True, also that you might find any attempts to raise interest in having CDPR create the models or voices for this work would fall on ears that are not so much deaf as actively resentful.

True, also that you might find any attempts to raise interest in having CDPR create the models or voices for this work would fall on ears that are not so much deaf as actively resentful.

If you read my posts from where I introduced myself, the ideas and why I introduced them you'll see I've been polite and on point if a little persistent. I would suggest that resentful moderators is not necessarily something you should be so comfortable admitting.

Last edited:
If you read my posts from where I introduced myself, the ideas and why I introduced them you'll see I've been polite and on point if a little persistent. I would suggest that resentful moderators is not necessarily something you should be so comfortable admitting.

Actually, you should be prepared to defend your ideas against all comers, not all of whom are going to treat them with more than a minimal level of courtesy, and some of whom are going to find them preposterous for what to them are good and sufficient reason.

If you had not demanded that CDPR create these assets for you, it probably would have been treated as a mod that the community simply did not want. But to demand that others divert effort from working on things the community wants to make assets that would not be used in the game but only used for your proposed mod, well, the best you can say is that it comes across as presumptuous.

- Zero Weight mod
- Weapon durability Fix mod

Along with a fast travel to any location mod I hope. My understanding is we're restricted to the travel posts, and that might might make for redundancy and wasted time on horseback.

Top Bottom