The Witcher 3 Modding

+
That's not what I was asking, I know mods will not be on consoles... I wanted to know if mods could remove all the stupid floating animal names and monsters names and critical hit points and button talk / mount horse prompts??? I know it sounds silly but if mods can get rid of all that crap, I will be more than glad to buy my first PC and buy this game again just so I can play it without all the floating names, numbers and prompts lol...
yes they can ^^
when the REDkit will be relased, we may be able to make a whole new UI if we felt like it and customize the HUD as much as we may like ^^

yes they can ^^
when the REDkit will be relased, we may be able to make a whole new UI if we felt like it and customize the HUD as much as we may like ^^
Great, so I'm stoked, I just downloaded the new patch on PS4 and now I can turn all that stuff off YES!
:victory:Now I just want the option to turn off the button icon prompts and the option to map my own buttons and I'm set.
This game kicks so much ass!!! I know they will only make it better over time fps/bugs etc... CDPR TEAM Thank You So Much!!!

Location/Existance of Mod Override Folder

Will the Witcher 3 have a mod override folder similar to Witcher 2's? Are there any CDP people who could comment on this?

The REDKit is presumably quite a ways still, and people are eager to start modding in earnest. An override structure that can handle loose files rather than .bundles and .caches would be very helpful.

Is this perhaps already in place?

We would appreciate some insight into this matter.

So I'm playing around with the debuge console and trying to spawn characters with the command /spawn (charactername)
Works for Ciri, Triss, Yen, Keira, Imlerith, Caranthir, Eredin, Zoltan
Any idea how to make it work for other characters like Roche, Ves, Dandelion, Cerys, Rosa etc?

What sort of limitations will the tool kit have... because I saw all the mods for Witcher 2, nothing impressed me... every mod seemed to be a little bit of polish here and there... Event he most popular mod the Combat Rebalance couldn't even touch the core of the combat meaning you were still stuck swinging your sword the same manner as before.

- I want to see more realistic combat and not just wild spinning sword swinging all the time even with "QUICK" strikes
- I want to see a proper loot system, because these loot related issues kill the reward factor
- I want to see character (AND HORSE OH ESPECIALLY THE HORSE) movement heavily tweaked, it's clunky at best right now

Are these the type of things that will be able to get modded later on when we get the tool kit??
Or will it be the same crap as Witcher 2... few table changes, numbers being added in config files, blah blah blah

Is it hard to learn modding, or do I need special skill like programming or art design to be able to mod ?

Will the Witcher 3 have a mod override folder similar to Witcher 2's? Are there any CDP people who could comment on this?

The REDKit is presumably quite a ways still, and people are eager to start modding in earnest. An override structure that can handle loose files rather than .bundles and .caches would be very helpful.

I'm surprised that CDPR is completly ignoring modders.

Is it hard to learn modding, or do I need special skill like programming or art design to be able to mod ?
This article can probably help you with current level of Witcher 3 modding :http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/14/?
As for general modding diffrent games can require different skillsets for some a minor scripting knowlage could be enough while others might need you to know a programming language. If you are really interested i would suggest reading articles and asking questions at nexus those guys are really helpful and can give you tips and such for where to start.

depends on what you want to do. if you want to change textures and make pretty stuff, you need some art talent. if you want to modify stuff like character stats, it's not that hard. just look around on the nexus for tutorials and you'll manage in no time

Why wouldn't you try yourself? I haven't tried anything yet, but it seems game loads folders from content and DLC folders. Because the game is new the best way is to just try everything yourself.

---------- Updated at 09:40 PM ----------

depends on what you want to do. if you want to change textures and make pretty stuff, you need some art talent. if you want to modify stuff like character stats, it's not that hard. just look around on the nexus for tutorials and you'll manage in no time
Depending on how you want to change stats. If you just want to change values - most likely quite easy, if you want to change stat system (introduce new stats, change how stat works) - you need at least basic knowledge of programming,

Originally Posted by faktortraktor View Post
I'm surprised that CDPR is completly ignoring modders.
Perhaps i was wrong about CDPR....I'm beginning to feel I've put my faith in the wrong people....

Oh stop your fucking whining. Im sorry but the game has been out ONLY 3 weeks and in that time they released 5 MAJOR patches. Stop crying like entitled little babies

Why wouldn't you try yourself? I haven't tried anything yet, but it seems game loads folders from content and DLC folders. Because the game is new the best way is to just try everything yourself.

---------- Updated at 09:40 PM ----------

Depending on how you want to change stats. If you just want to change values - most likely quite easy, if you want to change stat system (introduce new stats, change how stat works) - you need at least basic knowledge of programming,
The game loads content from .bundles and .caches. The DLCs are no different in this regard. While we've some tools to extract the data, re-compiling is not always straightforward. Some mods rely on re-importing data, which is not a good solution.

There are other problems - .w3strings for instance are not just XOR'ed. I'm positive that the modding community will be able to reverse-engineer most things, but a mod override folder like for W2 would certainly be a big boon.

We're simply looking for a confirmation that such a structure has been or will be or won't be implemented. Such information would help us shape our tools accordingly.

But why not try to use what game currently uses, i.e. patchX, contentX, DLCX? Add a new folder under content, call it contentSomething put you bundle/cache/strings/scripts there following the structure and try to load the game.

Adding new content is unfortunately much more involved than that. Read up on it if you're interested, rather than thinking aloud (not trying to be rude here - I and others are simply interested to know if an override structure for loose files is possible/planned).

Witcher 3 Editor

How long to wait for the editor?

I touched on this subject, as to those which are now possible only minor manipulations with some XML-tables (reimport in bundle-files). And the patches that are waiting for all the community, reclaim only a small proportion of bugs while adding new ones.

Community with a large fan-base clearly has more time and effort to correct the flaws, because the core team witch is clearly not able to fix it in mind switching to another project workers (Cyberpunk). Instead of grumbling in the community forum to do what had to deal with the team during two shifts the game's release.

The witcher, just promise that we never released. We saw only a promise that at the time we were given the creators of the famous Gothic 3. I do not need to remind you what happened in the end. Comfortably able to play a game a year later.

It awaits Witcher 3, unless the editor as soon as possible.

P.S: Sorry for my English.

Top Bottom