The Witcher 3 Official Soundtrack?

+
The Witcher 3 Official Soundtrack?

Hi, I've been looking around for a TW3 official soundtrack on google play music or iTunes or something, but I can't find it for some reason. Is there one available? The music in this game is so great that I really need it :p

I read a couple of months ago that they will release it but I still can't find it.

If you have the game on GOG, you can download it from there. There is also a lot of videos on YT with the soundtrack from which you can download files converted to mp3 (if you bought the game, it shouldn't be illegal).

Hi, I've been looking around for a TW3 official soundtrack on google play music or iTunes or something, but I can't find it for some reason. Is there one available? The music in this game is so great that I really need it :p

I read a couple of months ago that they will release it but I still can't find it.
There is currently a trend to release something labeled as 'official soundtrack' but it won't be the complete(!) official soundtrack. I call that cheating on customers. Many awesome tracks of fights and even ambients are not found on the OST. You are better off checking various sources, like YouTube.

I really want to know why it is thought as a good idea to not release a complete soundtrack of a game. I buy the OSt for the awesome music but most of the time the reason I bought it is not even on that OST. I really hate this.

Last edited:
Well if you got the console version there is a CD soundtrack. As said from Ghastly, there could be music files on the PC version. At least on GOG, not sure about the Steam version though.

There is currently a trend to release something labeled as 'official soundtrack' but it won't be the complete(!) official soundtrack. I call that cheating on customers. Many awesome tracks of fights and even ambients is not found on the OST. You are better of checking various sources, like YouTube.

I really want to know why it is thought as a good idea to not release a complete soundtrack of a game. I buy the OSt for the awesome music but most of the time the reason I bought it is not even on that OST. I really hate this.

Number of CDs is one of the reasons, and it's not really a current trend. Complete scores to movies or games are almost always special editions that say "Complete Score" and are 2-3 disks. Most OST's are 1 disk and include cherry picked songs.

Just be glad they're not really doing what the did in the 90's with movies. There would be a "soundtrack" which would include maybe a song or 2 from the movie and the rest were songs inspired by or some other crap. And then there would be the "score" which would have actual music from the movie. And they would both be released for lots of movies and both be in the soundtrack section of the store.

Obviously though I would love a complete score of this game, the music is just fantastic.

OT: I don't mean to imply anything here but to my knowledge any legal version of the game comes with the only currently avalible soundtrack. I think GOG has 4 bonus tracks.

I don't care about numvber of CDs. Soundracks are tight to lienses and rather expensive. So I better get the complete package for the money. Else it is a cash grab. I want every single piece of music used, even if it is just 10 seconds of a door screetch.

I cannot buy a complete soundtrack from this game. It is the CD version everytime. At least that is in my country. That seems like a deliberate marketing decisionand in no way depending on CDs, those discs are the smallest factor regarding money.

I think its is important to point out these flaws, just look at all songs on YouTube. So many people are thankful that finally someone uploaded a non published track.

I wasn't saying that was the only reason it is part of it though, also you didn't pay for the soundtrack it came for free with the game. How is it a cash grab to release an incomplete soundtrack for free?

Sorry I'm a bit late to respond, thanks for the info everyone.

If you have the game on GOG, you can download it from there. There is also a lot of videos on YT with the soundtrack from which you can download files converted to mp3 (if you bought the game, it shouldn't be illegal).

Unfortunately I got it on Steam, I didn't realize at the time that you could only get the soundtrack on GOG :/

There is currently a trend to release something labeled as 'official soundtrack' but it won't be the complete(!) official soundtrack. I call that cheating on customers. Many awesome tracks of fights and even ambients is not found on the OST. You are better of checking various sources, like YouTube.

Do you know if there is some youtube playlist or something which includes all the tracks used in the game like you mentioned?

I found this, but I think it might just be the CD version or something:

[video=youtube;oLSdl-CdOBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLSdl-CdOBo[/video]

---------- Updated at 04:42 PM ----------

Also, I read some people say that the full complete soundtrack would be 5-10 hours long, anyone have more info on this?

I wasn't saying that was the only reason it is part of it though, also you didn't pay for the soundtrack it came for free with the game. How is it a cash grab to release an incomplete soundtrack for free?

The OST was not for free. But I paid less in addition to the game's stand alone prize than buying both separately. Also, I expected it to be an incomplete score like I experienced with other soundtracks and thought, if I do not get a complete score I don't have to pay a full prize for it at least. If it was complete then awesome, I saved money.

The OST was not for free. But I paid less in addition to the game's stand alone prize than buying both separately. Also, I expected it to be an incomplete score like I experienced with other soundtracks and thought, if I do not get a complete score I don't have to pay a full prize for it at least. If it was complete then awesome, I saved money.

What region is the soundtrack selling separately in? It's included in all retail versions in Canada. Collectors, standard, gog, and steam (should be in the Witcher 3 folder in your steam apps directory).

Unfortunately I got it on Steam, I didn't realize at the time that you could only get the soundtrack on GOG :/

It was also made available for Steam customers. Check your Steam folder under steamapps/common/The Witcher 3/soundtrack

The only thing Gog got extra on this was 3 bonus tracks that were made available at the time of ordering.

When you buy any PC version other than Steam, you were given a Gog code. That gave you access to the OST. I don't know why you paid extra, but it shouldn't have been for the soundtrack.

Last edited:
What region is the soundtrack selling separately in? It's included in all retail versions in Canada. Collectors, standard, gog, and steam (should be in the Witcher 3 folder in your steam apps directory).
I bought it from amazon Germany and it was about 45 EURO compared to 40 EURO as stand alone game.

---------- Updated at 05:12 PM ----------

It was also made available for Steam customers. Check your Steam folder under steamapps/common/The Witcher 3/soundtrack

The only thing Gog got extra on this was 3 bonus tracks that were made available at the time of ordering.

When you buy any PC version other than Steam, you were given a Gog code. That gave you access to the OST. I don't know why you paid extra, but it shouldn't have been for the soundtrack.

The bundle itself had a CD attached. The GOG code was not mentioned separately in the advertisement, only -with official CD soundtrack -. In fact, GOG was never mentioned at all. It was just the advertisement for hard copy + soundtrack and frankly, not even installing GOG was mentioned anywhere (not even review articles) but instead 'no online access needed', which , in retropsect, was false advertisement since GOG pops up right away after starting the install. But this is a different matter and off topic.

I lookd at many OSTs from games and everytime there was some track or the other missing. As a customer, who is that old to expect complete products, I feel that is cheating on my money. I just thought, it is nice and helpful to tell people, that this soundtrack might not be complete. As far as I can remember, the battle music when fighting contract bosses is not included.

Don't get me wrong, I am not a disgruntled customer, I am an enthusiast for soundtracks and maybe someone feels like me and cares if the OST is complete or not.

Oh wow, thanks! I didn't even realize and I've had the game for a while :facepalm2:

What are the bonus tracks in the GOG version?

Oh wow, thanks! I didn't even realize and I've had the game for a while :facepalm2:

What are the bonus tracks in the GOG version?

Ladies of the woods
Fields of ard skellige
Hunt or be hunted
Merchants of novigrad

As for retail version. Physical PC copies came with game code on the back of the manual for GOG. GOG Galaxy is not required to install the game, but an initial download of a patch is required for the game to work (this is stated on the box). Obviously it wasn't made clear on amazons website but it seems like you paid 5 euros for a disc copy of the soundtrack vs. a digital one.

Hopefully a full uncut soundtrack comes for the Witcher sometime in the near future there's at least 5 or so songs I would love to have that aren't present on the current one.

Hopefully a full uncut soundtrack comes for the Witcher sometime in the near future there's at least 5 or so songs I would love to have that aren't present on the current one.

Yep, looks like there are some playlists on youtube for them but I'd rather be able to buy it easily than have to try and download/sort out 10 hours of music manually :/

Top Bottom