The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

+
Alicja.;n10809931 said:
We're currently looking into the draw distance issue, we will share more information as soon as possible.

Wooo!! Thank you very much!.

TrishKrish;n10809111 said:
Geralt's hair also looks like a different color. That's definitely a bug. Send a support ticket to CDPR and link your video. http://en.cdprojektred.com/contact-support/

Geralts hair is not the problem, its looking correctly on my end, the video looks like this because its recorded directly from the PS4 with HDR enabled (they give you a warning too)

mark5916;n10810181 said:
As far as i can see from that video the main problem is not Garalt's hair.

The whole picture has a yellowish tint on it. It seems either your TV is not calibrated properly or you must make some additional manual adjustments to the color tone option or image temperature.

Read under Set up your TV first!

Also keep in mind, HDR adjustments differs from manufacturer to manufacturer

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...4-and-ps4-pro/

If neither of those above will fix your problem, it could be game related. But i would start from the TV first.;)

Note: There are a lot of similar issues on the internet.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/so...ded.455052559/

Its not my TV, because the video its directly from the source, i copied the video from the PS4 Pro through USB, they give you a warning when HDR is enabled that the colors will look different.

The colors are fine when i'm playing.

skovacevic96;n10810331 said:
everyone is having yellowish tint. my game is actually transparent when loading, it is so bright I can see the ps store through the game lol

I don't have yellowish tint, it looks really good on my TV, the only thing i can complain is how dim my TV is, but that's LG HDR Game problem.

Last edited:
skovacevic96;n10810331 said:
everyone is having yellowish tint. my game is actually transparent when loading, it is so bright I can see the ps store through the game lol

Alicja.;n10795741 said:
If you see whites and yellows try lowering your in-game gamma.

skovacevic96;n10810291 said:
Its fixed but it took them more than 5 months after "finding out" that the issue exist. When I sent my first report in december I was given the same scripted answer I got when I reported this bug. They are looking into addressing the issue. So if you say that they are aware of the issue doesnt change a thing - they were probably aware even before giving us this patch but they knew it would not target everyone so... buying some time.

The patch also brought in HDR support so it took a while to implement. The only problems with this patch is the draw distance/pop in and some coloring issues (Geralt hair and maybe other stuff) so that's a lot easier to fix and will probably take less time too.

narukun;n10810651 said:
Geralts hair is not the problem, its looking correctly on my end, the video looks like this because its recorded directly from the PS4 with HDR enable (they give you a warning too)

Probably should have mentioned that in your previous post...

OK guys! (it took me some time to find) lol

The Witcher 3 HDR PS4 Pro 100% Walkthrough

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...FeRoec_AI_0SBe

Keep in mind, that's only an uploaded compressed video.

In reality, it should look way better than the video shows above!

Nevertheless, a proper color calibration should be made for the best possible visual results. ;)

Even so, the colors are too punchy for my taste. So, i would prefer the more physical non HDR mode. lol :p

Last edited:
Edumiguel;n10807301 said:
I will give it a try tonight when i´m home from work. Then I can play for a few hours to do a proper test.

Unfortunately it would take a while for me to get to Novigrad if I start a new game on the newest patch so I will patch my level 10 save game and try to get to Novigrad asap.

If i´m not satisfied with the new patch, and chances are I wont be, I will wait for God of War 4 to be release and sink my teeh into it and take a brake from Witcher 3 :D

>If i´m not satisfied with the new patch...

You can always play the 1.30 patched version of the game. ;)

Should i ask what you didn't liked on that latest 1.60 update?

Is it related to performance or are the visuals worse than the 1.30 patch? (Patch 1.5 is not an option anymore anyway)

So, we have to choose between the 1.30 or 1.60. lol

Aside from the terrible draw distance and more jaggies on the screen, I think that the HDR implementation for this game is somewhat shitty. And it's not my set, as I have an OLED LG TV. I'm very disappointed overall..

Hello Alicja. Draw distance is not the only problem fix also the foliage quality. On skelige and Velen it looks like pc on low settings, and give us an option to calibrate HDR. Ps. Thanks for the answer !

Mark, I played a few minites on 1.60 patch and I decided to keep on 1.30.

The shirt draw distance and things popping in front of me is Just terrible.

How do you feel about the draw distance?

Edumiguel;n10814721 said:
Mark, I played a few minites on 1.60 patch and I decided to keep on 1.30.

The shirt draw distance and things popping in front of me is Just terrible.

How do you feel about the draw distance?

Do you mind to tell me the exact location of that occurrence?

I'm in White Orchard now. Yeah, because i started over. lol

And something to add: Yesterday i took the game out of my PS4 Pro. Today i inserted the disc again and after the game has been started, i saw the confirmation about the SS feature.

That's strange! lol

Anyway, i did not encountered any pop up yet with the regular meaning of that name.

So, nothing just popped up in front of me.

What i have noticed is this. The are some trees that aren't reproduced properly.

Meaning, there are trees there, but the closer you get to those the more details you get.

It's like the game engine tries to put more visual layers the closer you approach the target.

From my understanding that's not exactly the same like an pop-up. ;)

Of course to be honest with you, you only notice the above occurrence, only if you look very closely to that particular spot or spots.

So, if no one had mentioned it before, i wouldn't even notice it. lol

Last edited:
Mark, Sorry i cant find the quote Button while in on the phone.

Im in Velen bit I didnt started all over . I patched my 1.30 game .Yes Its not really a pop up Its more like a rendering delay like you described. Seems like the game os layering the objects as you come closer. I dont like that. I rather play in 1.30 . I didntnl notice any graphic enhancements in 1.60 patch. I kinda kinda like the way the game looks on 1.30 patch.

Im waiting you to get to Novigrad and give us your final opinion :D

Edumiguel;n10815771 said:
Mark, Sorry i cant find the quote Button while in on the phone.

Im in Velen bit I didnt started all over . I patched my 1.30 game .Yes Its not really a pop up Its more like a rendering delay like you described. Seems like the game os layering the objects as you come closer. I dont like that. I rather play in 1.30 . I didntnl notice any graphic enhancements in 1.60 patch. I kinda kinda like the way the game looks on 1.30 patch.

Im waiting you to get to Novigrad and give us your final opinion :D

What you didn't liked in Novigrad with the 1.60 patch?

Are the graphics worse, are there performance issues or something entirely different that nobody has noticed it?

I ask, because Novigrad is huge and i try to understand on which part i should focus one. ;)

Thanks for your response btw. :cheers:

Mark, I didnt have the chance to get to Novigrad because I AM very Far from It . I Will test in Novigrad when I get there in my 1.30 savegame. But i didnt like the way the objects are beeing built in your face on screen. O didnt botice any graphics improvement from 1.30 patch .So I think im better sticking with 1.30 for now and pretend 1.60 patch never happened. I didnt notice fps improvements either. But this can change when I get to Novigrad.

I'll be looking for your final Review of 1.60 pstch!

I don't really see much difference from the previous patch, only the ps4 pro fan does not run so loud anymore, but there is a BIG issue with draw distance epically in the wilds and country side. Foliage seems to have been further down graded and trees slowly materialize as you get closer to them. It's very distracting. So far I'm seeing little effect with HDR in normal play mode, but the cut scences seem to have benefited the most.

I have a Samsung UHD 4K Qled tv with proper HDR (not this simulated stuff on cheaper models and makes) and by propper I mean a full 10 bit color gamut. Some of the higher spec tv's offer something called "HDR Premium" .....this is not HDR. So unless you rocking a Qled or or similar type model, you will not experience full and propper HDR.

Aslo on Samsung tv's make sure you have the "UHD COLOR" option enabled in picture settings and make sure your ps4 pro is connected to the right imput port on the tv. There are usually 4 HDMI ports on the back one of them should be labeled with "HDMI/DVI" the ps4 pro needs to be plugged into that one or the "UHD COLOR" setting will be greyed out in the picture setting screen.

Samsung and Sony offer the best HDR tv's ATM, problem is they at the top of the line, so they expensive. Mine came with a calibration disk so witch I popped into the ps4 pro and then fine tuned my tv calibration. I don't have the yellow hair some are talking about, but mine is super white or should I call it platinum grey lol (there is actually a silver highlight that appears sometimes when panning the camera around his head).

I have both editions (original and the GOTY). The GOTY came out the box on patch version 1.31 which in my opinion was the best state the game was in. I have not updated that version at all and it plays perfectly. My regular version that was on patch 1.50/1.51 was when issues came in, the new patch fixed some of the previous issues, but also brought some new ones.

But yeah, the biggest issue I have ATM is the draw distance and vegetation pop ins.

Last edited:
Edumiguel;n10818231 said:
Mark, I didnt have the chance to get to Novigrad because I AM very Far from It . I Will test in Novigrad when I get there in my 1.30 savegame. But i didnt like the way the objects are beeing built in your face on screen. O didnt botice any graphics improvement from 1.30 patch .So I think im better sticking with 1.30 for now and pretend 1.60 patch never happened. I didnt notice fps improvements either. But this can change when I get to Novigrad.

I'll be looking for your final Review of 1.60 pstch!

For not spoiling the whole thread, my impressions for the patch (so far)...you should look on that topic, PAGE 6 /< Post 80 (#80) >

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...o-is-out/page6

Last edited:
Potestaquisitor;n10819531 said:
I don't really see much difference from the previous patch, only the ps4 pro fan does not run so loud anymore, but there is a BIG issue with draw distance epically in the wilds and country side. Foliage seems to have been further down graded and trees slowly materialize as you get closer to them. It's very distracting. So far I'm seeing little effect with HDR in normal play mode, but the cut scences seem to have benefited the most.

I have a Samsung UHD 4K Qled tv with proper HDR (not this simulated stuff on cheaper models and makes) and by propper I mean a full 10 bit color gamut. Some of the higher spec tv's offer something called "HDR Premium" .....this is not HDR. So unless you rocking a Qled or or similar type model, you will not experience full and propper HDR.

Aslo on Samsung tv's make sure you have the "UHD COLOR" option enabled in picture settings and make sure your ps4 pro is connected to the right imput port on the tv. There are usually 4 HDMI ports on the back one of them should be labeled with "HDMI/DVI" the ps4 pro needs to be plugged into that one or the "UHD COLOR" setting will be greyed out in the picture setting screen.

Samsung and Sony offer the best HDR tv's ATM, problem is they at the top of the line, so they expensive. Mine came with a calibration disk so witch I popped into the ps4 pro and then fine tuned my tv calibration. I don't have the yellow hair some are talking about, but mine is super white or should I call it platinum grey lol (there is actually a silver highlight that appears sometimes when panning the camera around his head).

I have both editions (original and the GOTY). The GOTY came out the box on patch version 1.31 which in my opinion was the best state the game was in. I have not updated that version at all and it plays perfectly. My regular version that was on patch 1.50/1.51 was when issues came in, the new patch fixed some of the previous issues, but also brought some new ones.

But yeah, the biggest issue I have ATM is the draw distance and vegetation pop ins.

>...is the draw distance and vegetation pop ins.

Seems to be worse if you play on a 4K TV.

On a 1080p TV, vegetation pop ups aren't existent (at least, i couldn't see any so far) but some trees at the distance have that materialization problem, if i can use that word.

The problem isn't severe but if you look closely you can see it. ;)

Last edited:
mark5916;n10819701 said:
>...is the draw distance and vegetation pop ins.

Seems to be worse if you play on a 4K TV.

On a 1080p TV, vegetation pop ups aren't existent (at least, i couldn't see any so far) but some trees at the distance have that materialization problem, if i can use that word.

The problem isn't severe but if you look closely you can see it. ;)

I'm gonna try upload some pics now to illustrate the pop ins, might take some time as i have to copy them to my laptop and jiggle with the file size as the pro takes the pic in 4k and i cant upload directly to the site (yes ik use a photo hosting site, but I'm lazy to register and copy and past links lol)

Potestaquisitor;n10819751 said:
I'm gonna try upload some pics now to illustrate the pop ins, might take some time as i have to copy them to my laptop and jiggle with the file size as the pro takes the pic in 4k and i cant upload directly to the site (yes ik use a photo hosting site, but I'm lazy to register and copy and past links lol)

You can look at some videos i posted on PAGE 6 (same thread) Post 80 (#80)

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...o-is-out/page6

...and in particular, this video below and tell me your thoughts. (Watch it at 1080p for the best visual results, as it was captured at 1080p anyway)

Roach ride - Distance draw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xdl...ature=youtu.be

I will try to make regular updates to that post. ;)

------------------

System used: PS4 Pro (external HDD drive) - 1080p TV - The Witcher 3, patch v1.60

Last edited:
Top Bottom