The Witcher 3 patch for PS4 and PS4 Pro is out!

+
I've been waiting months for them to fix my stupid steel sword invisibility bug and they haven't. Every time I enter new game + my steel sword, Vitis, turns invisible and it's so annoying.

Quite shocked at many of the responses I am reading here with regards to the HDR patch. When TW3 released, HDR was not a feature of this game (planned or otherwise) and, CDPR did not have to include support for this given the game is now several years old. However, they did and what do you do? If it is not working for you, then revert back to a previous patch.

It is probably not financially agreeable for CDPR to still patch this game, given that it is well and truly finished but, they did because they are a great with things like that. I appreciate it can be frustrating and disappointing when things don't work out the way you hoped but bloody hell, look at yourselves!

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite shocked at many of the responses I am reading here with regards to the HDR patch. When TW3 released, HDR was not a feature of this game (planned or otherwise) and, CDPR did not have to include support for this given the game is now several years old.
Pretty good but somehow in a magical way it just works on the Xbox One S that is a lot slower and not on the PS4 while XO got the support long ago.

If it is not working for you, then revert back to a previous patch.
I wonder how do you want to do that? You can't revert to a older version on PS4, that's the problem. I will give you 999$ if you do that on my PS4. If I could I would just play instead of watching PlayStation 2 like trees.

Thankfully if you didn't install this patch already you can stop the download of this update and play. Xbox One users can't even do that, they have to update in order to play but they aren't getting broken patches, are they?

It is probably not financially agreeable for CDPR to still patch this game, given that it is well and truly finished but, they did because they are a great with things like that
If it's not financially agreeable then why make a patch for Xbox One X that almost no one uses? If it was still worth to patch it for XOX then it should be worth ten times more to patch it for PS4.

I appreciate it can be frustrating and disappointing when things don't work out the way you hoped but bloody hell, look at yourselves!
I will just quote MTaranto okay?
Seriously, sometimes I just can't believe the things I read here. How can anybody ask for patience in a situation like that? It has a been 6 months waiting for such a bad patch and during all the time CDPR was stalling and lying to us about the release. By the end they say that all the waiting was because they wanted to deliver a "quality" patch. All of you know the outcome. It seems like people forget that we payed for the game and, in my case, I bought it on day one.

Last edited:
GodlikeRU;n10902971 said:
Pretty good but somehow in a magical way it just works on the Xbox One S that is a lot slower and not on the PS4 while XO got the support long ago.

Must be the same magic in my PS4, as I am not experiencing any issues.

I wonder how do you want to do that? You can't revert to a older version on PS4, that's the problem. I will give you 999$ if you do that on my PS4. If I could I would just play instead of watching PlayStation 2 like trees

Can't you just un-install the data on PS4 or, re-install the game and download the save data from PS+?

If it's not financially agreeable then why make a patch for Xbox One X that almost no one uses? If it was still worth to patch it for XOX then it should be worth ten times more to patch it for PS4.

I already stated, CDPR are good for doing things like this. If I were them, I would be wondering why I bothered, for all the shit being flung at them. Plus, they can add HDR support to XBOX ten times over, does not mean they are obligated to do the same on PS4 or PC.

And do not forget, CDPR will be working to try and make this work better. They have an excellent work ethic in that regard. Think of all the quality FREE DLC you got with this game, and the amazing expansions, all very well priced. Take all that into consideration when you feel your life is worse than than of a Velenerian, because of HDR!

Few posts deleted.

We do have
rules in these forums (as already stated above) and people should respect those rules, if they wish to post here. If you have questions related to moderation, ask those in Private Messages instead of public posts, as stated in the rules. Criticism isn't forbidden, as long as it stays within the forum rules.

Last edited:
There is an fix for play the game without the problem?
If disable HDR or 4K resolution, the problem still again?

Any news for the release date for the new patch?

Regards,

--
AL

Give up, guys. They will not tell us about the release date and even if they say something you can never trust CDPR's word.

Have we even had anything official from CDPR on this? I know their priorities lie elsewhere but to essentially introduce an update that breaks the game and then take over a month to solve it is not cool. I would've been happy with the game staying at 1.50/1.51 and never getting updated again, at least I could enjoy the game.

No Title

the quest scavenger hunt: wolf school gear is now still experiencing more bugs, we cant open the chest at all which is blocking progress. how much longer will this be bugged for, it has had problems for a very long time now??? in my opinion the fact that it still ha-sent been fixed after all this time is just sad and pathetic. i very much dought it is a hard fix. if anything creating a new chest and replacing the glitched one seems obvious, or even just changing the quest itself and just removing the chest internally and just place the crystal in the spot alrady and just walk up to the tower and use "Aard" on the crystals and jump down into the cave from the portal. that's just what i think, but CDPR seems not to think so. idk why im sure someone has brought up just changing the quest but paying for content that can even be accessed or played is just sad and actually a little illegal maybe?? paying for something and being promised the item in question and not receiving it at all, im not so sure having the title of CDPR should be "pay us and we'll see if you'll get it, maybe, maybe not we don't care Lol".

Attachments

• photo210062.jpg
    photo210062.jpg
    214.7 KB · Views: 63
C'mon guys, what's happening with the patch?? It's been more than a month and no info about it, I want to play the game but I can't because of the pop-in issue, it's unplayable.When is the fix coming?? Share some info at least

Yep.... still not a single word..instead of focusing on forum updates an registration stuff you guys should focus on the main game first because it's a mess on PS4 with the draw distance bug, I can't belive so much time has passed without adressing the issue, it's literally looking like a PS2 game with that bug.. what a shame

narukun;n10947287 said:
Thank you very much Alicja. I don't have to but I apologize to you about the other guys being disrespectful with everyone on cdprojekt, there is people that really appreciate your time and effort to make the game better for all of us

Please don't apologize in name of others. Cdpr is not doing favor with updates, we paid money for this game. It is a contract. They broke the game twice and took 7 month to fix all this without any valuable communication to their customers! So I'm sorry, but bad opinions were reasonable. Maybe not the language, but the opinions.

Top Bottom