The Witcher 3 PC stuttering

+
Hey so I recently installed the TW3 on my laptop after playing it on my PS4 and I've been experiencing these random split second stutters and hitches whenever I'm entering a new area or fighting or stuttering. Ive also experienced stutters when my game autosaves and that icon appears. My setting are all set to max and I get over 60 fps but these stutters are annoying and they dont happen to any other game. It would be appreciated if anyone could guide me or tell me if its normal for this game to stutter like this. All overlays are off. My specs are:

Core i7 7700hq
Nvidia GTX 1070 8gb
16 gb RAM
120 hz G sync enabled IPS screen ( I play with 120 refresh rate with G sync on, if this is causing the problem, do tell me)

Thanks!

There are quite a few threads regarding problems like that, for example this one:

I recommend checking it out.

Gsync can be a problem, but it can also work fine. In general, I would recommend limiting the framerate, to 60 or slightly lower. TW3 often struggles with unlimited framerates.

There are quite a few threads regarding problems like that, for example this one:

I recommend checking it out.

Gsync can be a problem, but it can also work fine. In general, I would recommend limiting the framerate, to 60 or slightly lower. TW3 often struggles with unlimited framerates.
My in game settings are set to 60 framerate with V sync on and I tried turning G sync off and setting my screen refresh rate from 120 to 60. At first the it looked like as if the problem was solved but then when I entered a village same stutter happened again. I was so sure turning those 2 things down would fix it but nope

You might be one of the lucky ones (like me) for whom the game simply will not stop stuttering. I got around it by manually capping FPS at 48. Edit the user.settings file and change LimitFPS=48. You can also try 50, 52, 56, 58, etc. Often, one of them will sync things up and avoid any hitching.

At 48 FPS, the stutters on my end a gone, as is any FPS fluctuation. Flawlessly steady performance. If you do cap it below 60, setting your monitor to a 60 Hz refresh rate may also make it feel a bit smoother.

Top Bottom