The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

[Sard Edit: So, this thread will remain open ONLY if

CIVILITY is OBSERVED.

POSTS are INFORMATIVE.

FLAMEWARS and TROLLING and INSULTS and PLATFORM WARS do not occur.

That happens and bye bye thread.]

I know the game doesnt looks as good as it looked at E3 and i know that it is probably cause the consols werent able to handle the "PC build E3 version" - so CDP decided to threw the E3 version away and finish the game on the consol build and ported it to pc ... i dont know that, but i guess it, because how it can be that PC Ultra looks exactly the same as the PS4 version ? Maybe the LOD distance on PC is higher but thats it.

What do you think what happend and no i am not saying the game looks bad ... ok some Textures (also on PC) like the brickwalls are looking awefull. We have to clap for the absolutly gorgeous PS4 version, but u cant tell me a GTX 980 cant render better visuals then the PS4 does ...
EDIT: I dont realy care about the downgrade. I think the atmo is still awesome and the visuals too BUT what shocked me is the not existing difference cause this means their was so much more potential and i dont get it why it isnt being used.
By the way PC Low vs Ultra looks nearly the same too.

[ I am not new here. On year ago i had an acc. called the same. I am a Witcher - Fan and this isnt supposed to be a hate.]

I found this side i wouldn't be that sure if its true, but it looks like it could be true:

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/the-w...ning-uber-terrain-textures-lod-options-found/

Last edited by a moderator:
Another downgrade post, omg....
Well yes,it just turns out that there is zero difference between the PC and PS4 version other that the PS4 doesn't need the newest hardware to run the game at the exact same settings a GTX970 powered PC rig needs.

i don't mind that there's no difference but that the game can look awful. there are some good looking areas shown but jesus, interiors don't even seem to have light sources.

I was watching a twitch stream and there was supposed to be a story moment that got completely destroyed by no atmosphere. the scene had no light sources.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=776&v=pg3Mu6EzdXY

see this and skip to 12 minutes in. I don't know what to do with myself I've been waiting so much for this game.it has no atmosphere which is very important to me. i would rather have Witcher 1 graphics and artstyle over this

I dont realy care about the downgrade. I think the atmo is still awesome and the visuals too BUT what shocked me is the not existing difference cause this means their was so much more potential and i dont get it why it isnt being used.

Seems y`all missed the entry point PC-LOW vs PS4 .
EDIT : nvm that was for Wolfenstein .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom