The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Really. Have you even watched the video or just basing your opinion on what OP told you? There is a difference, just watch the video.

This sucks. What's the point in playing the game on PC if their is no difference?

Well, there's always PC exclusive features: FPS & resolution!

To be honest I don't see why the PCGH comparison had to be taken down. It looks exactly like the footage we're seeing with the day 1 patch applied.

the point is that no one has access to the final PC version at this very moment. So all thoses videos are just bullshit.

And on pc u can run 1440p or 4k, and this is a huge improvement vs 1080p or 900p

I don't know why my post got deleted but I will try again.
Comparison between low and ultra settings.
So,most probably I can play it on ultra setting but I am betting on high settings
So,once the game is out let us what setting should be ignored and not.(off course I will check it out but even in medium settings some of them can be enable without effecting the performance )

Last edited:
I dont realy care about the downgrade. I think the atmo is still awesome and the visuals too BUT what shocked me is the not existing difference cause this means their was so much more potential and i dont get it why it isnt being used.

Immense downgrade* :) CDPR have been saying a lot of things for almost 2 years and most of it were lies:
- They created an image of company treating gamers fair. After all these things they have done recently, I doubt that's true.
- When 35-minutes gameplay was released and people were hating, they stated that the graphics will be better and it's obviously not true.
- @Marcin Momot couple of months ago, after Elder Blood trailer was released, ensured that final product will have VGX/SoD like graphics - funny.
- "PC Gamers in the first place!" CDPR have been saying it for years and now they treat their PC customers without any respect and slap them in their face with downgrade and lies.

Really. Have you even watched the video or just basing your opinion on what OP told you? There is a difference, just watch the video.

I'm not saying the game looks bad. Just to make this sure right away. This is also not meant as console bashing. However, it is a well-known and objective fact that current PC hardware is miles ahead of PS4/XB1 in terms of performance, once you're willing to invest a decent amount of money. Considering that gap in potential performance the differences are very, very neglectable.

Nobody's saying the game looks bad. But I think it's not completely wrong if one claims that, considering the potential performance of high-end hardware the PC version should be looking better on it's highest settings.

Old news are old.

BTW: Just doubling the FPS from 30 to 60 means you need twice the performance and textures on the consoles are generally good as well, because by now the consoles have enough memory.

the point is that no one has access to the final PC version at this very moment. So all thoses videos are just bullshit.

Lots of sites (Gamestar.de, etc.) are showing maxed out footage from version 1.02 (day 1 patch), and the PC Ultra settings are basically a joke. It is virtually indistinguishable from the PS4, and everything looks worse. Do people really expect some miracle patch to restore the visuals/features seen in the 35min demo?

I feel like someone slapped me in the face alright...with a penis. Have all day tomorrow to think about canceling pre-order because I can't play a game with no atmosphere and lightning this bad (even if it's just some parts of the game or half of the game).

I've waited this long I can wait for CDPR to fix lightin

I strongly advice any of you Downgrade-Gaters to play such fine games as Ryse.
There you can have CGI-like graphics and a gameplay, full of button smashings like no other.
In levels, smaller than my wallet.

*bitternote*
if Witcher 3 was an online game, i'd be happy. Because i don't have to spend time with you playing the game.
Now, i feel just sorry for you.
harhar ...

Last edited:
Sorry but I am going to open my mouth and speak up - not about the downgrade issue because I actually don't care that much anymore. But why does these threads always have to get filled up by tons of people yelling oh another one downgrade thread, in before the lock, sigh a new user complaining and so on.

This issue is apparently important to many since the internet is cramp with videos, threads and twitters feeds about it. And here it gets locked away and I must say I don't believe that only the downgraders are to be blamed. Why? Because by writing post like that you are only fueling the "downgraders" in the agendaand creating a hostile enviroment even before the discussion has started and how can they respond by any other way than in anger when they are greeted like that.

Maybe the user that came here posting for his first time about this issue were in fact a new user with a concern and the first greeting he gets is oh another one of you downgrader. Maybe instead greet the newcomer and politely ask him to wait till the game is out or just don't write at all. You are only fueling a neverending flamewar.

And I must say I find it ironic that just a few months back people on this very forum were bashing Neograf for being uncivilized, childish and whatnot and yet they seem to be able to have a calm, constructive and mature conversion about this subject without pointless one liners.

Why is this not possible on this forum anymore I simply wonder? As the mods say if you don't have anything to contribute then don't write at all and if you do keep it civil. How hard can it be?

In this thread? Nothing's been deleted.
...yet. These threads really are getting old. Even from a neutral standpoint. It used to be lime watching a train wreck, where you just couldn't look away. Now its just sad. Either let em be (unless of course personal attacks start flying) or remove them on sight.

As for the combatents:
You disagree-- great. Cool beans. Moving on.

We haven't seen yet how maxed out pc looks like. In any of those vids sharpening, HBAO and the biggest thing, light shafts, haven't been enabled.

I won't conclude anything until I have seen the release version by myself. And these videos/pics are from month old build, lot can happen in a month

Dec 2014 Build

PS4

PC at Ultra (Twitch Stream)

Its hard to not notice bit downgrade...its really close to ps4 version.

I didn't say anything about looking bad or good (just in case - I think it looks amazing). I was saying that PC version has better graphics than console based on the video comparison. Which OP states shows quite the opposite. Just watch the video. There are some slight differences in some places and some quite notable differences in others.
Also about "current PC hardware is miles ahead of PS4/XB1" you're just wrong. Current gen consoles are on par with the average modern PCs, and due to the fact that it's easier to optimize game for console it's actually slightly above average. You don't want to make game, that you'll need a new PC to play. It would be stupid, unless you want to advertise your game engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom