The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or you know, some people are simply content with how it looks and know that their GTX 980 or Titan X can be used in the future with more pc games.

But wait! Such logic is too reasonable! We can't have that!

Only until Witcher 4, with promise of *enter your favorite bullcrap here* for GTX TITAN Y users!

I am not new here. On year ago i had an acc named the same as now but it got cancled cause of inactivity or sth like that. The game wont get any graphical update till release ... who thinks sth else is naive. Btw. i hate my self now cause i made such thread. I ignored the "Downgrade - screamers" , but i was just impressed by that video which shown the nearly not excisting difference.

I understand that aand my post wasn't directed at you but more generally. It would be nice if we here at this forum could just have just one thread about this subject where people could discuss this issue in a mature and civilized matter. We used to be able to do that but not anymore for some reason and every thread ends up locked an delete and as a result every other threads gets tainted with this issue one way or another.

I was hoping my post could maybe make not so much the "downgraders" think but more the ones that constantly have to fill it up with pointless one liners that serves only to antagonize the "downgraders" who might have a real concern on their mind. But when the first he read is oh no not again, in before the lock, I am reporting this and so on then in one, two, three we have a hostile environment and a flamewar instead of a mature and civilizeed discussion.

Read the whole post then write sth.
sth?
Hey, I may be an asshole but I value my opinion about all this ;)
I'm speaking just from my personal experience with open world games, as a console player.
TW3 cleary leaves older games like.. skyrim,rdr,gtav,dai and any other open world console game in the dirt.

:comeatmebro:That's all I'm saying..here :)

Last edited:
sth?
I'm speaking just from my personal experience with open world games as, a console player.
TW3 cleary leaves older games like.. skyrim,rdr,gtav,dai and any other open world console game in the dirt.

:comeatmebro:That's all I'm saying..

and the key world here is PLATFORM WARS I THINK NOT.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll have to chime in here:
I'm really sorry for what the moderators and CDPR have to go through right now.
Me too
There's thousand of people having absolutely no clue about game development spouting the same catchphrases they've heard someone else say use over the internet.
No MSAA - that sucks, etc, etc.
They have brought that upon themselfes.
I am SO incredible excited for that game! but still i am disappointed a bit by .. "visual changes". i also keep asking myself why i should bother with an expensive pc instead of a ps4 in the future.

sth?
I'm speaking just from my personal experience with open world games, as a console player.

:comeatmebro:That's all I'm saying..here :)
The Witcher 3 leaves GTAV in the dirt? You must be joking...

They have brought that upon themselfes.

Who did?

but still i am disappointed a bit by .. "visual changes". i also keep asking myself why i should bother with an expensive pc instead of a ps4 in the future.

60>fps, higher resolutions, Nvidia Gameworks stuff, modding possibility, scaling to fit your needs, generally having 'the option'.
You don't get that on consoles. Honestly what more do you want? For them to rebuild their engine to add.. what exactly?

The Witcher 3 leaves GTAV in the dirt? You must be joking...
Nope, not really... I'm talking about when GTA5 first released, before any remastered versions came out.
I am talking about the very first console versions on XB360/PS3 bro... Yes, TW3 looks much, MUCH more believable then any of those games do now. :)

---------- Updated at 03:30 PM ----------

and the key world here is PLATFORM WARS I THINK NOT.
I could give 2 shits about platform wars, that's not my style buddy.. sorry ;)

:eek:fftopic:lol..

Last edited:
If I understand right AO is not working with grass. Is it true?
Why same grass assets have difference in color in same place? It looks flat.

@Lukasemschulz I would love to have the build of the game which was the 35 minute 2014 demo video. Im sure you can google/youtube it, but it had the best of both worlds alot of the pc exclusive features promised and a real atmosphere/meaty combat to it. What we have now is not even that good, and they are even having to fix the blood decals....I doubt we even see them pooling in the water like that 2014 build....Man that was an awesome video.

CD Project Red. Marketing talk, misunderstandings, certain statements (slap in the face, etc.)
you can turn it in whatever way you want. but the responsiblity rests with the devs in my oppinion
Who did?
60>fps, higher resolutions, Nvidia Gameworks stuff, modding possibility, scaling to fit your needs, generally having 'the option'.
You don't get that on consoles. Honestly what more do you want? For them to rebuild their engine to add.. what exactly?

nah. i am too much into business that i know it would be total nonsense to create 2 or 3 separate builds.
disappointment is an indivdual feeling not always tied to a request.
the gamestar comparison video in this thread just made me feel that way.

CDPR, of course. Who else?

Original high quality lighting engine? (Biggest downgrade IMO, look at the awful interior lighting in the shot posted above)
Original high quality water?
Original high quality fire/smoke?
High quality foliage?
Better LOD/Draw distances the PC is easily capable of?

Not much, really. Just was was shown in the 35min demo which we were told was not even running on Ultra settings which CDPR was "hiding" as as "surprise".

Pc, x1, ps4 it doesnt matter, its Witcher game that everybody should play and enjoy it. Im not argue about downgrade or wich platform has better graphics. I just only want that game works stable without any tearings, stutter, fps drops and ect. This game was delayed multi time, and when I see fps drops still there and there, I will be sure unhappy. You guys remember the cutscenes from DA:I? It doesnt work smooth, its stutters and thats kill the games mood. I hope this will not happen to witcher 3. CDPR said day 1 patch adressed frame rate and bugs, but some people did play it with day 1 patch and that disnt fix the stutter and fps problems. This news worries me much. I hope we get a real patch at 19th May. After that, if the game suffers still and dosent work stable, Im sorry CDPR you will welcome on Ubisoft abort.

Can some Mod delet this ? I see there is no piont to discuss this over and over again.

Deleting threads isn't going to make the discussion go away. You may disagree, but a lot of people are very upset with CDPR about this.

[Sard Edit: Yes and we dooooon't care. Our job is to keep order and civility in the forums, not worry about CDPR PR.]

I do think it would be a good idea for an *Official Downgrade Thread* Sticky thread to confine the discussion to one thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can some Mod delet this ? I see there is no piont to discuss this over and over again.

I just want officially answer from devs why game looks so flat. With proofs not only words like it do [MENTION]sidspyker [/MENTION]. If they tell that tessellation has not been reduce, they must show it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom