The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.

Will the PC version really look like that picture on the left?

If you play it on high to ultra. I dont want to know what it would look like on low or medium.

Will the PC version really look like that picture on the left?

It's probably better to expect that and be positively surprised. It's not like you have to pre-order the game or never play it at all. I'm keeping my pre-order because I still believe it's great, but I'm not expecting anything better than what I've seen today. :)

Now the day one Patch didn't magically solve anything all the people who defended it saying there wasnt any downgrade arent any where to be found...o_O

It's probably better to expect that and be positively surprised. It's not like you have to pre-order the game or never play it at all. I'm keeping my pre-order because I still believe it's great, but I'm not expecting anything better than what I've seen today. :)

Same here, still keeping my pre-order. Hopefully modders and some ini tweakers can save us in the future.

You can't compare the hardware of a console with that of a PC and expect the same results. If you don't know that, then there's no point arguing. Consoles are much more efficient, that's why an older hardware can still push very good graphics that require a more powerful PC.
But yeah, whatever, downgrade, right?

This is simply not true.

What I wrote is constructive criticism. I am telling everyone how this makes me feel, and I am sure I am not alone.

They lied to us, they owe us an apology. I don't care why the games graphics were downgraded, I just care that they lied to us over and over again and said there was no downgrade. Yet now we can clearly see there was a downgrade!

Yeah. They for sure need to improve their PR department, because they handled this entirely situation very, very badly.

Review copy vs Preview copy shows substantial difference from PCgameshardware.de

Link showing difference between preview and review version!

Review version looks noticeably better! Especially the foliage, and ambient occlusion now looks to be working! Also, draw distance, textures, shaders and water tessellation are improved. According to the article, the water now reacts to wind and such as well! :D

Google Translated paragraph:

We now lies before the Review version including Day-1 patch, this is quite different from the one shown in the screen shots and our previous videos Preview version, from whom also most other published material on the Internet. In comparison, you can quite clearly improved representation of vegetation, recognize the shading and textures, to us an evidently more expensive water view noticed where wind dependent tessellated waves can be observed now and reacts dynamically to spells or similar. In addition, post-processing effects now work as vignetting. Without price but this does not come, the framerates drop now lower. The results of our measurements, we will no longer owe you a long time. The comparison images were scaled by Ultra HD, at the end of our gallery you will find the images in full resolution.

This comes at the expense of a performance hit according to PCgameshardware.de though, but thats O.K as good things are worth it

platform parity...

Yep, somebody decided that it was going to be the exactly the same across all platforms, regardless of how easy it would be to improve the lighting effects where the horsepower was available. The console companies don't like their hardware's limitations being exposed. The Brothels lighting though, damn....... I've seen better lighting in 10 year old games, I'm sure I'd find better in even older ones as well. In any case, it is what it is, but I won't forget this.

I can't define that lightning as.."great". It is just fake and cartoonish.

pay attention what the NPC on the left is saying :

" is this what you want ? to be a purevoyor of cheap whores and watered down lighting ? "

this is so ironic lol

That's actually edited in by the guy making the comparison. It says "wine" originally. Certainly funny though. :D

---------- Updated at 07:00 PM ----------

pay attention what the NPC on the left is saying :

" is this what you want ? to be a purevoyor of cheap whores and watered down lighting ? "

this is so ironic lol

That's actually edited in by the guy making the comparison. It says "wine" originally. Certainly funny though. :D

Review version looks noticeably better! Especially the foliage, and ambient occlusion now looks to be working! Also, draw distance, textures, shaders and water tessellation are improved. According to the article, the water now reacts to wind and such as well! :D

This comes at the expense of a performance hit according to PCgameshardware.de though, but thats O.K as good things are worth it

Yeah. Introducing something you can't control in your game settings which hits performances, making the game less scalable.

---------- Updated at 07:01 PM ----------

Yeah. Introducing something you can't control in your game settings which hits performances, making the game less scalable.

Yes, that is supposed to show the difference between the preview (left) and currrent (right) version. I fail to see a difference. Well, I'll just wait until I can see it on my own screen, rendered by my own PC.

Overworked staff trying to make console games as well as a PC game. It still leads back to being the consoles fault, yet again holding back PC games, for whatever reasons.

If they never went to consoles, this never would have happened. And to be frank, CD Projekt Red should take note from what happened to Crytek when they abandoned their original PC audience. Well, just take note from ANYONE who abandons their original audience, they die out. Because believe me, a lot of PC gamers will remember this, just like we remembered with CD Projekt Red.

This game wouldnt be half in scale if it was PC only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom