The Witcher 3 PC Ultra vs. Ps4 - no difference, downgraded

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
The CohhCarnage stream along with the German Stream today has the day one patch and is running Ultra....it is a downgrade no if or buts about it. Im not even amd about the graphic downgrade anymore it's the silence and lies told by CDPR that is most upsetting. I would hope they would come out and say something since its been proven with the now....but still nothing?! Gotta get more pre orders first.

Has anyone mentioned the change in reported install size? 50gb was the initial size then on release its only 25. (Can't believe that, saying ONLY 25gb, I remember installing from floppy disks)

Probably nothing.
was curious about that now that you mention it

Honestly, I was also extremely disappointed at the video. While this doesn't exactly prove a downgrade, what it does show is developers not taking full advantage of potential PC hardware. Even the draw distance doesn't look any larger on the PC Ultra preset which shocked me a little as not too long ago, Marcin said it WOULD be larger. I don't know what's wrong with the AO either as it doesn't seem to add any shading to grass. Far Cry 4 had the same solutions and it made a significant (and I mean SIGNFICANT) difference in the visuals.
Is this the slap in the face I was waiting for? I really hope CDPR has something else up their sleeves. While I still love how the game looks, it's just disappointing.

See this is what i don't understand. CDPR are a company of over 200. Surely, SURELY they could expend some time on giving the PC version these additional features that PCs can take advantage of. The Witcher started on PC, and CDPR can't respect their players enough to offer more for those who can enjoy it?

This is making me think they were offered a large amount of money in order to keep parity between systems, so the xbox one/PS4 don't look completely obsolete in comparison. Remember when games were created to the best they could be, then scaled down for consoles? Not anymore, now its all about keeping everyone equal - even those who go the extra mile by building their own pcs.

All i can say is i will be back after playing TW3 to say what i have seen. Don't want to judge nothing yet. Yes i have my feelings about all this but i will have to see the full picture before saying anything.

See this is what i don't understand. CDPR are a company of over 200. Surely, SURELY they could expend some time on giving the PC version these additional features that PCs can take advantage of.

Mmmh...If I may there is one point that need clarification: the additional features WERE present in the PC version.
That's the point, it's not like they didn't have time to add them, the additional featuers were there and have been removed.

That german site says they received an "almost done" version of Witcher 3. So it's still not with the day 1 patch, but rather the same old tired pre-release version.

You realy think a 500mb day one patch will double the view distance?...dont think so.

I do not want VGX graphics. I just want all areas of the game to look good , if possible on consoles.

It's true that a lot of areas look good right now, especially in the tutorial area, but I see a lot of messed up scenes, or areas, and this is mostly because of lighting. I'm sure it will be better if they revamp the lighting (maybe they don't even need to revamp it E3 2014 lighting looked good..)

And here's another good point. Graphics don't mean everything, however, treating us like we aren't idiots. Helps. Releasing a game that YOU KNOW looks pretty MUCH like the ps4 version... and telling the PC guys oh don't worry you guys will have a MUCH better looking game - then saying YT compression is the issue / or there is no day 1 patch yet, that doesn't make your credibility sit well with us that actually do care what the company says and how they treat their main fan base.

Their silence means they are confident about the end result. Happy PC gamers after the day one patch is installed. That or they are still figuring out what to say on the 19th...
PS: I'm sure we will all be happy, no matter what. This is about the graphics, not the story or content!

One thing I find really sad about stuff like graphical downgrades and taking features out just to conform to a lower end platform, is that the developers themselves limit themselves. They limit their vision and creativity, they cut corners just to make it run. Instead of creating the product the truly want to make, I doubt a painter would ever limit their own vision like that, as that is their passion. If there is such a big downgrade, I highly doubt it is the version the developers truly wanted to make. I highly doubt it would be the vision they had for the game. And to me, that is just sad. True artists out there are stifled and limited, when they really should not be. Console parity and stuff like that just holds back the creative minds of the people behind these games. It is just sad that they are not able to show their true potential, just because of money or whatever dumb reason.

Where did the lighting go? :(

Attachments

• 1431896336151.jpg
    1431896336151.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 41
All i can say is i will be back after playing TW3 to say what i have seen. Don't want to judge nothing yet. Yes i have my feelings about all this but i will have to see the full picture before saying anything.

Gamestar replayed the scenes from the 2014 "Gameplay" Trailer. Viewdistance is reduced to half, no Mountains on the Horizon. Worse Skybox, less Flora, worse lightning, worse atmosphere inside Buildings, no Water Effects from walking or spells. And alot of other things.

Judge it by yourself.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/news/witcher_3_downgrade,49062,3085975.html

I suggest people actually read the thread before posting the same image over and over again.

Otherwise we'll just be forced to close this thread.

My understanding was that the developers initially wanted a much better looking version for PC, but then they realized that what they had come up with does not run well on consoles. So....they had 2 options, 1) to continue working on 3 completely different versions of the game, one for PC, one for XBOX and one for PS4, and keep the high quality of the PC version going
Option 2) was to consolidate effort into the inferior console version and cut features from the PC version until it performs well on consoles and use that going forward for all platforms.
Due to limited resources, funds and time, they went for option 2.

What confuses me however, is the recently found XML files containing higher-than-consoles-allow settings. Now, if this is indeed true, why did they even feel the need to lock away these settings even in the PC version? Why not make them available?

Another thing I am having trouble getting my head around is that the game originally had the visual tone of the CGI trailers, even the most recent "A Night To Remember" one. Why create CGI trailers with one specific "dark" tone, but then change the colour tone of the game to be completely different??? Look at the swampy area, for example. It looked absolutely incredible in 2013, but now it just looks....less incredible.

CDPR don't answer to anyone, like EA....what leads to these seemingly regressive design choices? Would they really compromise this incredible visual identity they spent 3 years crafting, just to get parity between platforms? I thought CDPR is all about PC gaming first and foremost?
What is this power consoles have on the market that makes even independant developers bow to their inferiority?

These questions haunt me and it is incredibly frustrating that we are NOT getting the best from CDPR in this matter!

Gamestar replayed the scenes from the 2014 "Gameplay" Trailer. Viewdistance is reduced to half, no Mountains on the Horizon. Worse Skybox, less Flora, worse lightning, worse atmosphere inside Buildings, no Water Effects from walking or spells. And alot of other things.

Judge it by yourself.

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt/news/witcher_3_downgrade,49062,3085975.html

That also explains why the install size went down from 40 GB to only 25 Gb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom