The Witcher 3 - PC, Xbox One or PS4?

+

• Total voters

Simple question, simple poll.

Which version of the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will you be buying? PC, PS4 or Xbox One ?

In my case, it's PC. I've always been mostly a PC kinda guy and since this is where TW started, this is where I want it to end. Not to mention the superior graphical fidelity, transfer of save files from one game to another and the likes.

Share your reasons for picking one over another !

Last edited:

IsengrimR

PC. I never was interested in the consoles, to be fair and I already have a semi-good desktop PC ( it's 2 years old ), it could sure use an upgrade ( a new GPU and maybe a new power supply because of that ) but it runs Witcher 2 on high, so I have confidence in it running W3 on at least medium in it's current state.

Maybe a GTX 760 would be in order.

Would go for more, but unless somebody gives me a TITAN or I win the lottery won't going to happen. Still can play games nicely.

PS4 Because.. it will look better and run better from what I understand. Also Xboxone some day because.. the controller is fucking awesome.
I plan to pre-order the CE of the game for both. I don't like PC or playing with a mouse. I like my big screen HDTV, The comfort of my chair and to share the TW3 game experience with my friends and family. Thank You CDPR. YOU ALL ROCK !!

PC. I was planning on spending oozes of cash on a new desktop, seeing as my current one is starting to hit its limits. I understand why someone would play it on either console - after all, if you own the console and neither have nor wish to buy a gaming PC, why not just enjoy the game on your console?

However, the fact of the matter is that a powerful PC will offer a much better gaming experience. You can hardly expect a $500 system to compete with a rig that costs anywhere between two to ten times that... But eh, I guess it's worth selling one of my kidneys on the black market to enjoy TW3 in 1440p at 120 FPS :hai:

P.S. : on a completely unrelated matter, is anyone interested in buying a kidney? :comeatmebro:

PS4 Because.. it will look better and run better from what I understand. Also Xboxone some day because.. the controller is fucking awesome.
Than XBONE? Yeah it probably will run better on PS4. Its quite a lot more powerful than Xbox.

I don't like PC or playing with a mouse. I like my big screen HDTV, The comfort of my chair
Well, I'll be glad to inform you that you can play games on PC with a controller and on a huge TV just as easily.

and to share the TW3 game experience with my friends and family.
You sure, you want to share a mature game, with gore, sex & nudity with your family? :D :huh:

And no, I don't want to start a console vs. PC war here, don't freak out.

Than XBONE? Yeah it probably will run better on PS4. Its quite a lot more powerful than Xbox.

Well, I'll be glad to inform you that you can play games on PC with a controller and on a huge TV just as easily.

You sure, you want to share a mature game, with gore, sex & nudity with your family? :D :huh:

And no, I don't want to start a console vs. PC war here, don't freak out.

HaHa Freak Out!! Well win I win the lotto I will do just that, I will buy the best PC/TV/Controller money can bye.
Yes with my family, as in my awesome gf and wife.

PC because I'm PC gamer more than 15 years now and I just don't like to change it... If my PC will die from this game greatness then PS4 (If I'll ever buy it [I might]).

Amen brother. 18 years and going myself. I don't know if I'll ever make the switch to console though, controllers weren't made with me in mind. Though I've played NES, SNES, and Sega with friends when growing up, and it happens I play Xbox with friends.

Knowing CDPR, all versions will surely be awesome. Love you devs!:laughing: :unworthy:

It seems, that the quote master race for PC gamers always gets used, when people feel for some unknown reason inferior. Everybody has his preferences, no reason to insult anyone over it.
All my favourite genres are on PC, I prefer keyboard and mouse, I don't own a TV, a couch or a living room for that matter and I don't plan on getting either. So it is just PC for me all the way.
(Also I don't understand the misconception, that PC gaming is supposed to be so much more expensive, when you need most of the equipment for work anyway, or even if not, you probably own a PC anyway. Upgrading the Hardware a bit to have a medium PC can't be more expensive then buying a new console with extra controller and then keep in mind, that console games are more expensive, so over the years you will pay less on PC, especially, if you are into sales and or discounts. But of course it all depends on how and on what you spend your money. But in general, I can't see it being much more expensive.)

PS4 since its the closest thing I can get to a powerful PC, though I hope that in the future I'll be able to get one and play everything on ultra:D.
Am I going to miss much by playing on PS4?Considering that we are in the beginning of the gen I was hoping that the versions would be quite even.

It seems, that the quote master race for PC gamers always gets used, when people feel for some unknown reason inferior. Everybody has his preferences, no reason to insult anyone over it.
All my favourite genres are on PC, I prefer keyboard and mouse, I don't own a TV, a couch or a living room for that matter and I don't plan on getting either. So it is just PC for me all the way.
(Also I don't understand the misconception, that PC gaming is supposed to be so much more expensive, when you need most of the equipment for work anyway, or even if not, you probably own a PC anyway. Upgrading the Hardware a bit to have a medium PC can't be more expensive then buying a new console with extra controller and then keep in mind, that console games are more expensive, so over the years you will pay less on PC, especially, if you are into sales and or discounts. But of course it all depends on how and on what you spend your money. But in general, I can't see it being much more expensive.)

Well....

Amen brother. 18 years and going myself. I don't know if I'll ever make the switch to console though, controllers weren't made with me in mind. Though I've played NES, SNES, and Sega with friends when growing up, and it happens I play Xbox with friends.

Knowing CDPR, all versions will surely be awesome. Love you devs!:laughing: :unworthy:

Well I should add that I had "pleasure" to play on this console...

And I have PS2 + I played many PS3 games with my friend ;]... but still PC is my first choice ;].

Last edited:
I just like PC benefits, the graphics, frame rate, ability to tweak the game, put mods to it, better controls, can port my saves from TW1 and TW2.

I dont even have the consoles anyway :D

Top Bottom