The Witcher 3 - PC, Xbox One or PS4?

+

The Witcher 3 - PC, Xbox One or PS4?

• Total voters
PC, as I have the previous two games already on PC + mods and high quality stuff.
I don't have a console anyway.

Last edited:
PC because it'll likely be the best looking version and because I want to import my saves from TW2. And because if I can buy something from GOG, I will always buy it there and not elsewhere.

I'm also getting the CE on PS4, but that's basically because I figured if I'm going to buy the game twice, I might as well get two different versions. Not much point buying it twice for PC. But unless I run into some sort of unfixable hardware issue, I don't think I'll be playing the PS4 version more than maybe once to check out what it looks like.

I chose PC, but it's simply because I'm a PC gamer. If I were a console gamer, it'd have been one of the other 2. And when I say "PC Gamer", I mean Mouse + Keyboard... no console controller has ever been used in my PC.

I was glad to hear that the game was coming out just 2 months after I planned on getting a new PC. The footage we've seen... I honestly have a hard time that the majority of gamers will get anything like that unless they're running a beast of a machine, and many people might claim it as false advertising, expecting all "supported" spec PCs to be able to get it, but unless their engine has some kind of breakthrough in rendering optimization, it'll definitely take a hefty machine to get similar fidelity. Still, THAT is how i want to experience TW3.

PC here. I've been a PC gamer for all my life and I will probably stay one. And of course I will play Witcher 3 with mouse and keyboard like every other 3D game. :)

Was goin' for the PS4 version but got hyped and now I'm oc:n my cpu and got myself gtx980 :crazy:
Please give as native support for DS4 on PC or I'll go crazier

It's not even a question for those with a good PC, we never even ask ourselves this sort of question.
I don't ask myself this question, as I have three 2560x1440 Monitors and 2 crossfired HD 7970's and GOG to get the game from.

Which leaves those with Tablets or Laptops with intergrated graphics or Consoles. When a PC isn't an option the PS4 takes the lead.
Technically it's better than XB1 though both are crippled by a big lack of power, with only 300W to work with.

This is why they are struggling to hit 1080p 60 FPS on 64-bit. The small improvement over PS3/XB360 is due to moving to 64-bit from 32-bit.
Those gains are not available next time. With 4k and VR taking the power requirements even higher, in the near future, they will need much more power in future.

These consoles are the last Gen we will see in the current form factor, with that power limit PS4's VR system can only be 720p in each eye at the very best.

Why not just up the power, it's easy to do?
Easy, but only if you increase the cooling and casing space to provide better airflow, essentially this is what the Steam Box does.
This shows what the nexxt gen consoles will have to do, if they want to compete in the future.
A fixed hardware PC or the Steam Box route, it can be done, but at what price point will consumers switch to modular PC builds.

They will try to delay, hoping some new tech will sove their power bottleneck.
The danger is the longer the delay, the less attractive the new "PConsoles" will be.

Never put my claws in here before?

Oop!

PaceCore of my PawsCat: PC, never had any console, never have the need to possess any one.

I'll personally be playing on PC however also got the game on the PS4 as my wife prefers playing games like this on console.

PC, as I own one for work and play. To work with GIS local datasets on a national scale it needs to be fairly powerful, so it is perfect for playing games on too... or was it the other way around?

May Zeus strike you down.
Of course PC.
Do I look like a filthy commoner to you ?

Disclaimer: This post was written light heartedly, please do not take it seriously :)

I was going to build a 3D Vision machine just for this game. Since it seems Witcher 3 will not be 3D Vision ready I'm thinking PS4 instead.

PC.

Built it recently for this game. Will be playing it on my HDTV at 1080p 60fps in glorious Ultra quality! :D
I originally had the PS4 version pre-ordered, but this game (and a little push from Ori and the Blind Forest) made me go PC.

Top Bottom