The Witcher 3 - PC, Xbox One or PS4?

+

The Witcher 3 - PC, Xbox One or PS4?

• Total voters
Plug your PC into your TV and your controller into your PC. Done. Not sure why people don't understand this is possible.

Not everyone has their PC close to their TV.
And, as has previously been mentioned, this is a thread for people to say what THEY are getting, not to criticise others for having different opinions.

I'm getting the Xbox One version, If I'm gonna play a 200 plus hour game I want a comfortable controller, the One fits the bill. And apparently I'm one of the few proud in this thread. lol

I'm getting the Xbox One version, If I'm gonna play a 200 plus hour game I want a comfortable controller, the One fits the bill. And apparently I'm one of the few proud in this thread. lol

You are not the only one, I'm also getting it for XBO, the CE in particular, while also getting it from GOG as well.

Already bought/ preorder for PC, I bet it will be much better for PC what with the specs up to 5 times or more better than even PS4.
And you know... Mods.

I have a PS4 and a PC Gaming Rig, I think I'm one of those not biased,
I played DA Inquisition on PS4 because it not released on Steam, and in my country it is really hard to get physical copy of PC game. Kinda regret it but what can I do, although the control for PS4 is maybe better.

Okay I'm done playing DA:I Mage on PS4, so I'm gonna start playing DA:I Archer and it must be PC.
So I just bought Origin DA:I still downloading now.
And... I'm gonna using mods hohoho...
It is obvious, PC is the best for me.

PC Linux.

I've always been a PC gamer first, and the last few years I've only had Linux on my computers. Using controllers feels awkward and unnatural to me. The only way for me to go is keyboard + mouse.

Guest 3790055

PC Linux.

I've always been a PC gamer first, and the last few years I've only had Linux on my computers. Using controllers feels awkward and unnatural to me. The only way for me to go is keyboard + mouse.

I don't know how you will survive when everybody will be playing the game except you and the other ones waiting the SteamOS/Linus port. Good luck ^^

PC here with a Xbox controller on the sofa in front of my beloved 55" TV. I am most likely going to get a 980 to run the game in all it's glory :)

I don't know how you will survive when everybody will be playing the game except you and the other ones waiting the SteamOS/Linus port. Good luck ^^

I'm a huge fan of The Witcher games, the books and the setting in general, but I've waited so long that waiting more isn't an issue.

@Canuckodile

I know i can, most of my friends are on PS4 though, like to discuss the game with them.

Like i said its also about the comfort of not having to care about settings, performance and drivers.

@Canuckodile

I know i can, most of my friends are on PS4 though, like to discuss the game with them.

Like i said its also about the comfort of not having to care about settings, performance and drivers.

Not to sure if you know about this but there is an 'Nvidia optimise game' button never worry about picking settings, does it for you.

OT: Getting the game for PC, streaming it from my bedroom PC to Lounge TV, gonna be using my xbox 1 controller, and crank those settings as high as they can go. Also want to give as much money to CDP so buying off GOG.

Edit: another reason was for mods and tweaks to the graphics that people should come up with.

Last edited:
@Canuckodile

not caring about settings, performance is not comforts,
actually lacking of that is a hindrance.

but whatever suit you, we just want more from our best game, if possible.

suprized this is still open and not closed.
oh and to the guy saying he was going to buy a xbox just for the controler you know you can get a Xbox controler for PC

PC, because the game came free with my new graphics card..........would have been PC even if I had stuck with my 680 . But I am glad that all platforms will be getting the same awesome game. :cheers2:

Last edited:
Initially, I would have bought a ps4 and play witcher 3 there, but checking my notebook's spec, it has more than surpassed the minimum requirement. (Intel core i7-4712HQ, GeForce GTX 850M). So it wasn't hard to decide to just get the pc version of the game. And after reading various comments about graphics and etc, i hope i made the best decision. Although, I'd be using an xbox controller since i find it more relaxing than a mouse/keyboard. getting the PS4 will have to wait till FF15 or persona 5 comes out.

i kinda wish i have a proper pc for gaming,. i just get jealous whenever people describe how their games look like and such. :(
but we move a lot and a notebook is much easier to bring with me anywhere.

I bought the game on Xbox One and PC, just to support developers like CDPR.

On Xbox One for playing on my tv and for the better graphics and performance the pc version.

I don´t like the PS4, I think it´s an overmarketed overhyped console, with a bad gamepad and lousy patch history. so that version is out of the question.

Pick any version you want. All of them look almost exactly the same. Of course PC version is the best because of a bit higher res textures, higher frame rates, more draw distance etc but it's not night and day as we expected. I'm getting it on PC. Already got first two games on PC with multiple saves featuring different endings.

I'll have PC and PS4 editions.
Just a side question: The PS4 controller is working natively on Windows??? For PS3 controller I had to install some 3rd party driver with issues of its own ...

Top Bottom