The Witcher 3 Press Event "Blow some minds"

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't even care for additional game media (screens/vids), just interested to know how all versions (but esp consoles) are running in resolution and fps and what kind of graphical fidelity we'll see versus previous vid/trailers......how far has the game progressed from the 35 min demo......we'll have a better idea if any of the downgrade outcrys had any validity in about a week. My prediction - game delivers the goods with its best showing since early trailers :).

I'm not excited about these events at all unless the participants are allowed to release the footage of their playthrough.
I could not care less about press conferences and reading the impressions of others playing the game. I want to see gameplay footage and form my own impressions, not read about someone else's experience.

It's the first hands on exposure to the public, I count that as fairly important. Previews are tricky because I feel there's the agreement that the dev allows you early access, so you feel obligated to go easy on them. I think it was Jim Sterling who was uncomfortable enough with this that he stopped doing them. If there are exceptionally good or bad issues, the press usually mention it and that's a good thing. I recall the criticism of The Order, they didn't hold back in any way on the game's low points.

I'm not excited about these events at all unless the participants are allowed to release the footage of their playthrough.
I could not care less about press conferences and reading the impressions of others playing the game. I want to see gameplay footage and form my own impressions, not read about someone else's experience.

Agreed, but it is better than nothing I guess, even if I have to hear it from people who never played a witcher game before :p

Edit: Alright, alright ...

Last edited:
I'm at this point where I'm no longer expecting anything beyond, and definitely nothing less than what we've seen at the 35 min (37, but nevermind). I know that there were the few Famitsu screenshots, but I'm not convinced that they're necessarily an upgrade, just like I'm not convinced that the poor screenshots are necessarily a downgrade. And I don't think that combat animations have changed, either.

To be honest, I'm not artificially freezing my expectations. I can't explain it, but I just feel that it is what it is. Obviously, if it'll prove to have been improved, I'll be thrilled, and this isn't to say I don't think the game looks anything short of amazing going by what we've seen a few months ago.

As I sit here in the airport lounge, thank you 2 hour flight delay, I would recommend people temper their expectations.

Not that the game isn't really cool and I truly believe the attendees will have a great time with what they do, but because unfettered expectations almost always lead to disappointment. I know the attendees with be having interviews with the Dev team. I know they'll have 2-3 hours of hands on game time. I don't know if they will be capturing video in game, but I doubt it (not sure of this though) as the team is still bug fixing & optimizing. Releasing new video that potentially could include bugs that are or will be fixed (as the builds would have been made 2 weeks go to be ready for last week's event, bugs may already be fixed), is misleading.

Will the event be cool? Yes. This is the first hands on gameplay for press and, after the embargo lifts, they'll give their opinions on what they play. I am confidant they will love the game, but you will have to wait for their articles, interviews, etc to see what they think.

So, be cautious, be optimistic, be eager. However, also be sensible in your expectations. We have months to go before launch. This is an important event, but it isn't the final Witcher push just yet. Plenty more to come. :)

I would recommend people temper their expectations.

B-but... you said you were going to blow some minds. If you weren't talking about the game, then what? I don't think literally blowing people's minds is legal in San Fran.

P.S. Sorry to hear about the delay. Sucks, doesn't it? :D

Yep, on Twitter. Hard to write great detail in 144 characters or less. But I do think the game IS mindblowing, so that counts, right? ;)

What amount of knowledge of the game does your job require at this point? In other words, have you been playing it so you can answer questions at the events, or will you be waiting until release to do a full play through?

Good to hear we'll be seeing some more of the game.
It seems the delay really disjointed the pace of the content even more than it was beforehand.

I'm going to make sure to remember. I want the Witcher 3 to be the PC's Halo game for 2015, a long with Star Citizen if it releases!

Currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition right now, and while it's a good game, it makes me want to play the Witcher 3 even more!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom