The Witcher 3 probably not 1080p on consoles.

+
Played W2 on both PC and 360. Sure 360 edition couldn't hold a match to PC version.

But I'll be damned if it wasn't one of the best or even the best looking game I played on that console. If they did that with that aged 360 than the new consoles will look even better. Console*players should be happy. As far as the 1080p/60fps standard goes: what do you expect out of a $400 machine?

-Frist ; I dont say the PS4 perfomance will be equal to 7950 , I have say between r9 270 and 7950 .

It's more like a 7850..

-Second; The perfomance from the closed system no its similar to pc. The components are customized , CPU, GPU and RAM. The APIS from consoles are very personalized , the comunication between cpu and gpu is more complete and fast .

I agree that communication between CPU, GPU and memory is faster in the PS4 because everything is on the same die. But does this translate to better performance in the real World? Not necessarily..

There are advantages and disadvantages for UMA. The disadvantage is that the memory space is more limited in size, and performance. Is it better to have 8GB of unified GDDR5 running at 176 GB/s, or 4GB of discrete GDDR5 running at north of 300 GB/s AND 16GB of DDR3 for system memory? The latter to me is much better, as more can be done and higher levels of performance can be reached..

PC architecture is designed to hold data as much as possible on the CPU and GPU at any one time, so the caches on the CPU and on the GPU are much larger than what you find on the consoles. Plus current systems use PCI-E 3.0 to transfer data between the CPU, GPU and system memory and that is more than fast enough @ 32 GB/s bi directional transfer speed.

I remember you, Guy, from when I posted here before and you were always very knowledgeable about this tech stuff. You also posted a killer photo of yourself in a kilt once!

My question is, what does an entry level PC entail? The reason I ask is because the Metro 2033 games were notoriously hard to get at 1080p/60fps on a good PC yet that's the resolution/frame rate on the PS4.

Entry level, comparable to PS4, would be roughly:
CPU: Core i3 Sandy Bridge or later, or AMD A8, A10, or Athlon 7xx. Core i5 and AMD FX-8 series are superior to any of those, but in my book, they're no longer "entry level".
GPU: in descending order, AMD R9 270, AMD 7850, nVidia 660, nVidia 750Ti. 2GB GDDR5 minimum.
RAM: 8GB DDR3, it's more important to have enough than to have the fastest.
Disk: 1 or 2 TB, from a "best of manufacturer's line" like WD "RE" or "Black". SSD is an excellent improvement, but again, not what I call entry level.

-Frist ; I dont say the PS4 perfomance will be equal to 7950 , I have say between r9 270 and 7950 .

-Second; The perfomance from the closed system no its similar to pc. The components are customized , CPU, GPU and RAM. The APIS from consoles are very personalized , the comunication between cpu and gpu is more complete and fast . The GPU from PS4( it isnt 7850 its more closed to R9 270) is AMD next-generation GPU or like you have say GCN and it has very inteligent personalizations , It has the same numbers of ACES from 290( I dont say teraflops or perfomance , just ACES) etc.....

-Third; CPU is the jaguar yes(but with his personalizations) , but his perfomance is very superior to the same cpu from pc. Its difficult for undertands , the clossed system , have to full control about hardware , it is one advantage(very big) compared to open system. It can does much with less. And also with the APU system , the APU from PS4 not is like apus from PC. How I say before , PS4 not is high-end PC. But his perfomance its still unknown. All this it cannot be compared , with the same componenets from pc ;Because , for two things;

- Personalizations(all the components, so his perfomance it cannot be compared to pc with same characteristics like power , perfomance etc.....)
- full control about the hardware.

-Last; For me the most important , for know the real perfomance from PS4 ,still , is very soon . Look the exclusives game the impressiver grafics they have. And just begining , and I know that PS4 architecture is similar to pc (x86-64) but that not is the reason for think that consoles will have to same perfomance(from pc) with this architecture , all the system is personalized .

*Sigh*

Look, you can believe in LA LA Land, the fact of the matter is, it doesn't make it true. When you optimize on the PS4 and the X-box1 What that really means 99 percent of the time is......

Downgrading some feature.

Unlike the older designs that where exotic and devs learned as they went. The current gen (4 and xb1) are basically a a first cousin to the PC. Sure there are some minor differences in DNA but it is the same family. They have little to learn at this point. Will there be some improvement? Sure but not like in the past generations.

So when you toss that word around "optimize" what you are really saying this Gen is Make the Game worse!!! !

Carry on!

Good , but all this is your opinions , nothing more. And it seems like for defend the consoles in that case just PS4., I am crazy or stupid. Anyeone knows the real perfomance from PS4 and me too. Not is than powerfull like high-end PC but neither one shit machine . War machine carry one !!! its a joke , yes . Becasue I talk with respect .

Eskerrik asko

Since gamez Journalists, true to form, have used this topic as click bait, I thought I'd post this:

As [The Witcher 3 visual effects artist Jose Teixeira] said, we are working hard on optimizing the game and nothing is set in stone,” Tinc explained. “Our engine team remains optimistic and we will surely squeeze the most we can out of each console. I know you might be expecting concrete info like the final frame rate and resolution, but it’s simply impossible to give you that sort of thing before the optimization process is complete.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...r-3-resolution-likely-wont-1080p-ps4-xbox-one

Optimization is not complete, so they can't say either way yet.

This many months out, it would be crazy to assume that even a build today would be as optimized as it is during a gold run. 6 months is a lot of time a for a professional group like CDPR to work out kinks and get the ball rolling smoother.

It probably won't be 1080p but oh well graphics don't really matter much to me as long as its appeal-able. 1080P can be achieved on the XONE though, it's already been done by Bungie. Their game Destiny will be running at 1080P on The ONE at launch. Can't wait to play The Witcher 3 on my awesome X1 remote! :yes:

It probably won't be 1080p but oh well graphics don't really matter much to me as long as its appeal-able. 1080P can be achieved on the XONE though, it's already been done by Bungie. Their game Destiny will be running at 1080P on The ONE at launch. Can't wait to play The Witcher 3 on my awesome X1 remote! :yes:

Destiny is cross-gen game, would be shameful if it ran anything than full resolution. I can tell you that 90% TW3 will NOT run at 1080P especially on XONE.. but however those pixels are not to be missed.. even if will run at 900p there will be no regrets

1080P can be achieved on the XONE though, it's already been done by Bungie.
The question is, what needs to be sacrificed in order to get the game running @ native 1080p with the limited hardware that consoles have.

Also like someone said earlier, Destiny is cross gen, just like Black Flag and MGS5 and other games running native 1080p on consoles.

Guys, we're still in the middle of development. It's way too early to talk about 720p or 1080p or how many frames it will have, since we are still optimizing, optimizing, optimizing. And we've got some cool tricks up our sleeves!
The only thing we can promise is that we will deliver the best possible experience for every platform. :)

And also a complain of that kind I could understand on the pc- we stand near the screen and have a way more detailed view of the game; Console gamers, however, sit way further from the screen and so, the difference between 900p and 1080p in such a distance is noticeable only by falcon eyes

Guys, we're still in the middle of development. It's way too early to talk about 720p or 1080p or how many frames it will have, since we are still optimizing, optimizing, optimizing. And we've got some cool tricks up our sleeves!
The only thing we can promise is that we will deliver the best possible experience for every platform. :)
You had me at, "we've got some cool tricks up our sleeves!." Awww.. My evil happy smile, is from ear to ear now;)

Last edited:
Destiny is cross-gen game, would be shameful if it ran anything than full resolution. I can tell you that 90% TW3 will NOT run at 1080P especially on XONE.. but however those pixels are not to be missed.. even if will run at 900p there will be no regrets

Yeah I sure won't regret it. If cd projekt red thinks its good enough than by all means it's good for me. I'd rather they nail the frame rate down than graphics.

And also a complain of that kind I could understand on the pc- we stand near the screen and have a way more detailed view of the game; Console gamers, however, sit way further from the screen and so, the difference between 900p and 1080p in such a distance is noticeable only by falcon eyes

That's the point I tried to tell man.. I mean the whole run for numbers thing is pointless, everytime on "new gen" something does not run at 1080p everyone complaining.. but what for? I don't really understand, a good optimization work goes well beyond that little number. Some fanboy (not referring to anyone in particular here) would maybe prefer a game running like shit -> "oh but wait it's 1080p so it's legitimate" :)

Top Bottom