The Witcher 3 PS4 Pro patch issues

+
TrishKrish;n10848071 said:
mark5916 I went into my PS4's settings and changed the resolution to 1080p. I checked out the Super Sampling option but it said it wasn't supported on my 4K monitor. So I couldn't test with it on. Also it said that manually selecting 1080p could increase frame rate in some games. Opened the game and noticed immediately the game didn't look as sharp as it did before. I went to Crow's perch and talked to Yoana and selected the "interesting accent" option. This is my fan noise test. The fans go crazy during this dialogue (really all dialogue sequences). To my suprise, the fans were silent! Throughout my 15 or so minutes of testing, fans were silent the whole time! My PS4's fans are quite loud so to not hear them at all was great. The fans were consistently silent the whole time.

Another positive, the draw distance and pop in issues were gone! Went to multple areas on Roach to test, and saw no pop in! It's obviously disappointing to have to play on 1080p instead of 4K, but I honestly think the positives outweigh the negatives. Anyone having issues with 4K, put it to 1080p and problem solved. I can finally play this game without issue!

>I checked out the Super Sampling option but it said it wasn't supported on my 4K monitor.

It's not supported because the native resolution of your 4K TV is 3840x2160p.

Super sample works on screens with lower resolutions than 4K.

>Anyone having issues with 4K, put it to 1080p and problem solved.

Seems to be an workaround for now, until CDPR finds a way to solve the draw distance issues if the game runs at 4K.

mark5916;n10848481 said:
>Anyone having issues with 4K, put it to 1080p and problem solved.

Seems to be an workaround for now, until CDPR finds a way to solve the draw distance issues if the game runs at 4K.

At least something works. Ideally CDPR can fix this, I'd rather play in checkerboard 4K than 1080p.

Playing on PS4 Pro with Full HD TV (1080p). I like the performance - its better than 1.50. However, when supersampling is ON the performance drops down - not sure if to level of 1.50 but its very noticeable. Fans (noise) is comparable - not so loud as 1.50 but I can hear the fans going all time, however its like medium revs. Need to test 'pure' 1.30 (I have GOTY) just regarding the fan noise. Merchant bug seems to be gone but I started playing from start (finished W3 while ago and deleted all saves). Don't have problems with trees/flora but its 1080p not 4k.

RederOr;n10851031 said:
Playing on PS4 Pro with Full HD TV (1080p). I like the performance - its better than 1.50. However, when supersampling is ON the performance drops down - not sure if to level of 1.50 but its very noticeable. Fans (noise) is comparable - not so loud as 1.50 but I can hear the fans going all time, however its like medium revs. Need to test 'pure' 1.30 (I have GOTY) just regarding the fan noise. Merchant bug seems to be gone but I started playing from start (finished W3 while ago and deleted all saves). Don't have problems with trees/flora but its 1080p not 4k.

>Need to test 'pure' 1.30 (I have GOTY) just regarding the fan noise.

You shouldn't have any or very low fan level noises here and there depending the situation.

I play on the PS4 Pro, so noise levels may vary on the regular PS4. ;)

hespacc;n10850781 said:
Since last patch I have massive display problems. Playing on Sony KD-55XE9005 in 4K on Ps4 pro. Doesn't make a difference whether HDR is turned on or off.
Got anyone the same problems here?

https://ibb.co/juA1wn

https://ibb.co/jQ6Vp7

https://ibb.co/cJFO97

sorry for the links but image upload didn' work

That's not your TV, but some options may be the same.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e/settings

Also from a different source.

Like other TVs you'll want to engage the HDMI Enhanced format option when you connect HDR sources like 4K Blu-ray players -- and unlike LG, the Sony doesn't automatically detect and change that setting for you.

The menu says it affects inputs 2 and 3, but according to Sony all four of the HDMI ports are HDMI 2.0B, which supports 4K HDR.

Only inputs 2 and 3 support 18GBps speeds, however, so "Connecting a 4K/UHD Blu-ray player to these ports will ensure their 4K HDR 60P content will be optimized," Sony's representative told us.

You may wanna experiment with those ports as well. ;)

hespacc;n10850781 said:
Since last patch I have massive display problems. Playing on Sony KD-55XE9005 in 4K on Ps4 pro. Doesn't make a difference whether HDR is turned on or off.
Got anyone the same problems here?

https://ibb.co/juA1wn

https://ibb.co/jQ6Vp7

https://ibb.co/cJFO97

sorry for the links but image upload didn' work

I created an account to answer your post because I was having the same problem.

Go into the games settings and look for Gamma. For some reason, the patch maxed out gamma settings. You just need to lower it down to normal levels.

mark5916;n10851141 said:
>Need to test 'pure' 1.30 (I have GOTY) just regarding the fan noise.

You shouldn't have any or very low fan level noises here and there depending the situation.

I play on the PS4 Pro, so noise levels may vary on the regular PS4. ;)

I play PS4 Pro too. Which revision you have ? CUH-71xx or CUH-70xx ? Mine is 7015 - the first release and AFAIR it is louder than the newer revision. This week I plan to replace thermal paste as obviously it is too loud (in W3 when I switch on SS it goes loud but the real pain is Armored Warfare - goes like jet engine).
I checked the 1.30 - couldn't find difference in PS4 Pro noise but the performace seemd to be same (or slightly worse) than the newest patch 1.60.

RederOr;n10859111 said:
I play PS4 Pro too. Which revision you have ? CUH-71xx or CUH-70xx ? Mine is 7015 - the first release and AFAIR it is louder than the newer revision. This week I plan to replace thermal paste as obviously it is too loud (in W3 when I switch on SS it goes loud but the real pain is Armored Warfare - goes like jet engine).
I checked the 1.30 - couldn't find difference in PS4 Pro noise but the performace seemd to be same (or slightly worse) than the newest patch 1.60.

First off i wanted to say: You should have very low fan noises - if any...with the 1.3 patch on the PS4 Pro. (Boost Mode enabled)

So, the fan may spin here and there, but that's nothing compared to the 1.6 patch, that seems to stress the Console quite much with SS enabled.

>I checked the 1.30 - couldn't find difference in PS4 Pro noise...

Doesn't the fan run at high levels here and there, with the 1.60 patch and SS enabled on your PS4 Pro?

>Which revision you have ? CUH-71xx or CUH-70xx ?

I have the CUH-70xx version. (CUH-7016B)

As as far as i know, the never revision CUH-71xx has some changed internal parts, i guess for keeping manufacturing costs down.

I don't know if power consumption has been changed though, to the better of course.

On the new revision the double-shield and the RAM is now in direct contact with the single EMI - shield & heat-sink underneath the board for better

heat dissipation.

The APU has a different revision (CXD90044GD instead of CXD90044GB), the optical drive controller changed from LSI to MediaTEk's MT1965AU.

Last edited:
mark5916;n10851171 said:
That's not your TV, but some options may be the same.

https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e/settings

Also from a different source.

Like other TVs you'll want to engage the HDMI Enhanced format option when you connect HDR sources like 4K Blu-ray players -- and unlike LG, the Sony doesn't automatically detect and change that setting for you.

The menu says it affects inputs 2 and 3, but according to Sony all four of the HDMI ports are HDMI 2.0B, which supports 4K HDR.

Only inputs 2 and 3 support 18GBps speeds, however, so "Connecting a 4K/UHD Blu-ray player to these ports will ensure their 4K HDR 60P content will be optimized," Sony's representative told us.

You may wanna experiment with those ports as well. ;)

Thanks alot for your effort to help. I do not have the problems while playing other 4k games and ps4 is already connected to the hdmi 3 slot.

TalonJH;n10856171 said:

Go into the games settings and look for Gamma. For some reason, the patch maxed out gamma settings. You just need to lower it down to normal levels.

Thanks for your tip. I'll test it and report the result afterwards. Do you know which is the defualt gamma setting?

TalonJH;n10856171 said:

I'm having the exact same issue as HESPACC. Worked great before I updated to 1.60/1.61. I'm playing on an LG OLED55C7P. I sure hope it's just the gamma because it's unplayable like this. I would welcome the change to just pop in issues. I waited till the 4k patch to start the game, and now I'm so close to the end I can taste it, but I'm unable to play and it's killing me!

Last edited:
Signed up just to comment on this. This new patch is horrendous! I noticed the downgrade immediately on the PS4 Pro. Running around the environment, the draw distance has taken a massive hit. Entire trees and foliage are popping in to view. I also wondered why the image presentation looked much less refined, turns out super-sampling has been disabled!

To add it back in you have to enable system-wide supersampling in the PS4 system settings. Digital Foundry have made a video about this patch, hopefully the devs see this thread and that video and acknowledge the complaints. I had no issues with the performance in the last patch, only in Crookback Bog would the frames drop slightly.

As someone with PS4 Pro and a non-4K tv, HDR is useless to me and these confusing downgrades for the sake of a few frames really ruin the gaming experience for me.

I wish I could just revert back to 1.50, I'd much rather no HDR than this mess. I really want to play B&W but I just can't help notice the pop-ins about 5 metres away. The fields with long grass are the worst, it looks pretty ridiculous.

i have no idea how the f*** a patch released 3 years after a game can make it worse for literally every single person. this patch did absolutely nothing positive for anyone, and instead screwed over EVERYONE.
and we havent heard a single word from CDP. all they have to do is roll back the last patch is they dont want to actually fix the problem, but no. they broke it, and now theyre not saying a word about it.
is there anybody there at CDP? can we get any sort of indication if this is being addressed at all?

CDPR is aware of those issues, and they will fix them asap. So be patient!

https://forums.cdprojektred.com/foru...-is-out/page14

< post #205 >
CDPR is well aware of the patch issues.

They were not a deliberate act of sabotage nor are they ignoring you. Something went wrong and they are trying to fix it. It will take time, however.

The idea is not to make it worse than it is now by letting something else slip through as well.

While you are waiting, please remember to post constructively and not to spam the same complaint over and over again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hiya.

1st, no more kindergarten boys references. That's insulting.

Second, don't tell anyone they are kissing up to CDPR. It's rude and anatomically impossible.

Third, If you tell people to go away, then all I can do is assure you your posting privileges here will be over.

Yes, the patch has issues. Yes, you bought the game. Yes, it does appear CDPR made a mistake. Not their first, won't be their last, going to improve. You are upset, that's clear.

IF you think any of that justifies breaking the rules here or insulting each other, then your ability to do so here will end.

Top Bottom