The Witcher 3 PS5 4.00 issue list and wishlist

+
1. Auto saves makes annoying frezze/frame rate drops. ( this happens because when finishing the quest or quest update, the far camera tries to correct the position to center from the character and the auto save distrups it..l think.)

2. Some new alfa effects like fog/smoke/lights in velen cause strange lines popups. Artifacts like big transparent square lines in distances that also cause stutter/frame drops.

3. The game has stutter and frame drops on performance mode its not smooth 60fps overall around velen or big cities like Novigrad.

4. Foliage popups to much. The foliage appears after when the character is close enough.

5. Missing vocal sounds on combat/battles, when the battle sound starts ( I know its random) but l know the song parts and when the singer will join. It starts but in a few sec its fades out or never started.

6. Small but annoying things: Geralts first armor has a strange black blue line on his shoulder part. Sometimes in cutscenes the swords are unvisible. Same issue for Ciri, she takes his sword from his back but there is no sword model.

7.RTX ON: Lot of popups textures and light blink issues, it runs under 30fps with stutters.

8. Weird fog/smoke beheaves around swamps when turning the camera around.

9. The whispering Hillock quest still has the sound off issue, there is subtitle but no voice on npcs. For fix you need to close the game and reload the save file.

10. Its private, very private. The portal who yen did open for escape it still remains inside the unicorn room in skellige and it makes sound impacts.

11. My wishlist is; sword damage needs also haptic feedbacks.

Last edited:
Save game screen: Not showing any saved game file.
Load game screen: it only shows the old save file from game version 1.62.

Core issue?: Restarting the game is resetting every setting in the game such as small HUD becomes Large HUD, Inverting cameras and auto sheating the swords and so on becomes it's default setting. Also while revisiting the old save file without actually attempting to load a old save file is giving an error message saying (CE-!07112-2). Saving the game is not creating a save file at all which is forcing me to put PS5 in rest mode which is something i don't really recommend as ps5 has an history for not booting it up when putting it on rest mode.

Next Attempt?: Reinstalling the game is not solving the issues at all.

Solution: i can only wait for a patch fix.

I'll repeat what I wrote in other topic and what I see in some forums and groups.

Long story short:
If you have the disc base game and you bought both DLCs seperately, the PS5 version of the game doesn't "see" them as installed even if you downloaded and installed the PS5 versions of the DLCs.

Long one:
Years ago I bought the base physical version CUSA 01440 and both DLCs that were bought separately at the rollout date.

I have downloaded the upgraded base game and found manually the PS5 versions of the DLCs (as they are not linked anyhow with the base game in PS Store menu).

Both DLCs are installed, my console is seeing them as part of the PS5 version of the game, but the game itself is not recognizing them. In the game main menu it is stated "available" instead of "installed" as it was on the PS4 version. When I enter the in-game DLCs menu, I see all the free cosmetics and small mission add-ons, but not the big DLCs.

The licences restoration doesn't help and I would be very surprised if it had, because the PS5 versions needed to be "repurchased" for free to assign them to my account minutes before launching the game.

1000006315.jpg

1000006314.jpg

1000006302.jpg

Both bomb slots are visible in the Inventory screen, but you can only load bombs in the left slot - Geralt can now only have a single bomb type preloaded. However, if you click LB for the radial menu, you can shuffle through ALL of your bomb options. Some might call that an upgrade, but since time does not stop in this menu the extra clicks to get to your second bomb can kill you. Pockets previously could hold 2 items that could be toggled with the D-pad. Like bombs, you can see this in the inventory, but not use the other slot (it's now dedicated to "Masks" - what???). Like bombs, if you go to the radial menu you can now shuffle through all of the eligible pocket items. This is less fatal in game play and can be tolerated - unlike the way bombs now works. Both of these upgrades offer no true benefit to gameplay and actually break immersion by forcing to to do more scrolling (leaving graphics comments for the other thread).

Attachments

• Inventory.png
    Inventory.png
    319.8 KB · Views: 92
I'll repeat what I wrote in other topic and what I see in some forums and groups.

Long story short:
If you have the disc base game and you bought both DLCs seperately, the PS5 version of the game doesn't "see" them as installed even if you downloaded and installed the PS5 versions of the DLCs.

Long one:
Years ago I bought the base physical version CUSA 01440 and both DLCs that were bought separately at the rollout date.

I have downloaded the upgraded base game and found manually the PS5 versions of the DLCs (as they are not linked anyhow with the base game in PS Store menu).

Both DLCs are installed, my console is seeing them as part of the PS5 version of the game, but the game itself is not recognizing them. In the game main menu it is stated "available" instead of "installed" as it was on the PS4 version. When I enter the in-game DLCs menu, I see all the free cosmetics and small mission add-ons, but not the big DLCs.

The licences restoration doesn't help and I would be very surprised if it had, because the PS5 versions needed to be "repurchased" for free to assign them to my account minutes before launching the game.
Exactly the same problem here, except - this affects those who purchased the digital PS4 version as well (not only disc). In my case it's a separate purchase of the base digital PS4 game and season pass. Otherwise I'm experiencing the same to the dot, incl. restoring licences obviously not working.

Game worked fine until 'Wandering in the Dark' quest. Upon changing armour in there, Geralt vanished from the inventory screen leaving only a black silhouette. Not game breaking, but still annoying. Restart did not fix

Long story short:

Long one:

View attachment 11334043
View attachment 11334046
View attachment 11334049

I have exactly the same problem.

Save game screen: Not showing any saved game file.
Load game screen: it only shows the old save file from game version 1.62.

Core issue?: Restarting the game is resetting every setting in the game such as small HUD becomes Large HUD, Inverting cameras and auto sheating the swords and so on becomes it's default setting. Also while revisiting the old save file without actually attempting to load a old save file is giving an error message saying (CE-!07112-2). Saving the game is not creating a save file at all which is forcing me to put PS5 in rest mode which is something i don't really recommend as ps5 has an history for not booting it up when putting it on rest mode.

Next Attempt?: Reinstalling the game is not solving the issues at all.

Solution: i can only wait for a patch fix.
I have the exact same Problem. Plus I can not load any manually saved games, they don't appear in the load files.

I have read about some cutscenes are blocked by mods in the Ps5 nextgen version (as a sex scene with Yennefer): Will you fix these issue with the next patch?

I have the exact same Problem. Plus I can not load any manually saved games, they don't appear in the load files.
i found an solution. You have to follow the procedure of cross save progression by pressing L2 on ps5 controller. Follow the instruction as you will get some freebie items. After that the game will then say that you have recieved the items and then you can make a save file screen. I had a litle issue to make an save file, but tried to make an cross save progression on the load file screen and it seemed to work.

After that i felt the old version 1.62 might be the reason why version 4.0 behaved differently so decided to navigate my way to the game save file on the ps5 storage system and erase the version 1.62 save file to avoid the error message code.

I give you no guaranteed if this works for you.

So yeah, the Caparison of Lament still clips through Roach's mane. Seven years, a game of the year version, and a next-gen remaster and this saddle is still bugged as balls. Really, CDPR?

Last edited:
RT mode has a really bad performance right now. There are some times I feel the game runs at 15 fps. And it seems that it almost never runs at 30fps locked. That's really disappointing

1. Auto saves makes annoying frame rate drops.

I talk for PC version but.....100% agree. please give us an option turn turn OFF the damn autosave. The "ini" trick to do so not work anymore :mad:

"4. Foliage popups to much."

even shadows and other effects. "Next gen" they say...:coolstory:

"10. The game needs tested before released."

CDP disagree

Plus:

-AWFUL use of multi core cpu.
-we can't use RT only on reflections (where is worth) like CP2077 but we are forced to have also the globa illumination that show you what is a slowmo even on a rtx3080
-Save for start a NG+ not recognized
-general instabilty

This patch on PC is a MESS!! I would never EVER have believed that they can hit the wall AGAIN after CP2077! Congrats CDP, you can take the phantom liberty for you two bad jokes are more than enough ! :howdy:

Last edited:
I
i found an solution. You have to follow the procedure of cross save progression by pressing L2 on ps5 controller. Follow the instruction as you will get some freebie items. After that the game will then say that you have recieved the items and then you can make a save file screen. I had a litle issue to make an save file, but tried to make an cross save progression on the load file screen and it seemed to work.

After that i felt the old version 1.62 might be the reason why version 4.0 behaved differently so decided to navigate my way to the game save file on the ps5 storage system and erase the version 1.62 save file to avoid the error message code.

I give you no guaranteed if this works for you.
have same problem on my PS4 (can't create new topic so write here)
I can't load game, files exist but can't be found. Cross saves don't work.
Is there any solution?

(btw sorry if I wrote something wrong, I'm not English speaking person😅)

I´ve had a lot of graphical glitches during cutscenes on the barons questline on PS5 performance mode. Also i´ve noticed the buckler on barons belt is still wiggling like hell, it also does in the old version. After the fightscene with the baron he´s got a black eye in the cutscene, after that scene it´s gone.
Also had popping in clutter and foliage and grass when roaming around, fps drops when autosaving or quest actualisation.

Suggestions / Wishlist
It would be nice to have a button remapping option to switch buttons to our likings. Coming from PC version i´ve had a remapped contoller layout like in the souls games. Surely it has been a mod but it always felt more comfortable to me.
Also it would be nice to have labeled oils and elixiers.
Wealthier merchants: You´re finding such a lot of stuff and can´t sell it because merchants are poor beggars.

Last edited:
I'm loving the next-gen update on my PS5, thanks for your hard work.

I got one item on my wishlist though, add an option to turn on NPC chatter bubbles above their heads without needing to turn on the general subtitles.

Top Bottom