The Witcher 3 - retail version - how to enable screenshots?

+
The Witcher 3 - retail version - how to enable screenshots?

Hi,

I noticed that in the installation folder there is a "screenshot" folder... how do I take the screenshots?...I have tried everything and looked up the controls and there ins´t any mention of a screenshot key... I have the retail version and it goes through gog galaxy.

guessing this one will be buried for a while lol.

in case anyone else is wondering, someone said they added the game to steam as a non-steam game and can play with the steam overlay. they can then take screenshots as they would any other game in steam. if that helps anyone :)

Hmm... Don´t have a witcher 3.exe file in my installation folder...it goes through gog galaxy... any ideas anyone? Won´t work cause the galaxy platform...

glad you got it working, i haven't tried it yet.
any developers/official staff want to comment? is screenshots a planned feature of gog galaxy but just not working yet? is there a key we can press in game to take screenshots but just isn't documented? thanks :)

...thanks again for you help, galaxy screenshot gallery would be so awesome :) I noticed that when I play through steam I get the achievements YEAAA!! :) Now I get sweet screenshots and still the achievements :) This is so nice, hope that they will get the screenshot gallery or a key working to galaxy.

I can't even take screenshots. I press Print Screen and try to paste it in paint but nothing happens. Why might that be?

You can use MSI Afterburner if you wish for taking screenshots or movies until they get Galaxy working for this . Afterburner also has the ability to specify formats of bmp , jpg , or png , keybindings and can store to a folder of your choice . Not as good as in-game I know but it`s an alternative .

You can use MSI Afterburner if you wish for taking screenshots or movies until they get Galaxy working for this . Afterburner also has the ability to specify formats of bmp , jpg , or png , keybindings and can store to a folder of your choice . Not as good as in-game I know but it`s an alternative .

Why is there no ingame button for screenshots...you know, like Printscreen maybe. Seems ass backwards.

Why is there no ingame button for screenshots...you know, like Printscreen maybe. Seems ass backwards.

It's a unfortunate side effect of the gaming being consolozied as hell, and CDPR not doing a second/third pass on the PC code before launch.

It's a unfortunate side effect of the gaming being consolozied as hell, and CDPR not doing a second/third pass on the PC code before launch.
Yeah, figured as much. They need to polish the PC version, this sort of thing (amongst the rest) makes PC players feel gypped. How hard is it to make an ingame screenshot button after all.

You should first understand that Galaxy is still in beta, so some features wont be enabled until later on .

You can follow the Steam road (adding the game as non-steam game ) by using the overlay and taking Screenshots.

You should first understand that Galaxy is still in beta, so some features wont be enabled until later on .

You can follow the Steam road (adding the game as non-steam game ) by using the overlay and taking Screenshots.

Yeah but dumbest thing about not having ingame screenshot function here is the overlays were what was causing crashing issues for a lot of people with this game.

Yeah but dumbest thing about not having ingame screenshot function here is the overlays were what was causing crashing issues for a lot of people with this game.

Well I personally just use the galaxy client, Of course i am baffled that I cannot take Screenshots but I do know that the Galaxy client is still in Beta stage and its still developing, it might suck but I will endure it until the option to take Screenshots comes out :)

As for the overlays causing crashing issues I believe its a know problem.

How do people get this to work?

I want to have GOG Galaxy working so I can have it track the nerdpoints (yea yea sue me, I care a little bit). I tried adding GOG Galaxy to Steam but that doesn't work because it will recognize it for half a second and then not anymore. If I add the witcher3.exe directly to Steam then GOG Galaxy won't track it because it requires you to run the game from Galaxy.

This makes me crazy! I now run from GOG Galaxy after becoming really sick of the DRM problems with STEAM and I have been delighted with Galaxy up to now, However, it seems crazy not to be able to take screenshots and share them with the community. This is such a visually beautiful game, I really hope this gets tackled soon!

I can only agree, the game is really beautiful, and I often find myself to looking at the nature and just enjoying the view. It is really shame that screenshot is not available, it would be really awesome pictures! Please developers, can you do something about it?

Top Bottom