The Witcher 3 Ruined My Gaming Life....

+
The only game that will probably come close to the quality of Witcher 3 in my eyes is Cyberpunk 2077, but that's a few years away.

Good thing we still got expansions and hopefully a New Game + to look forward to..I want to replay the game with a Signs build romancing Triss this time.

my gameing live ruined when games like suikoden 2 ff 7-8 LOD xenogears and other similars in the golden jrpg period stoped existing unfortunately there is not a single one wrpg that come close to the soul those games had but you can say W3 is probably the best on that part for the modern games maybe even suprassing morrowind on that

Join the club. My gaming life has been ruined since 2007, when Witcher 1 came out.

My only regret is that I did not hear of the Witcher series earlier (I first played W1 and W2 in late 2012), but when I come to think of it, maybe that was a good thing, because I managed to enjoy other games until I played W1 as well.

But W3 nailed it for me, like OP said, no other game is interesting right now, even with E3 around the corner I just spend my time nitpicking W3's final act, because I have no other interest in any game now, maybe for a while to come, which is really sad about the current state of the gaming industry right now, damn you CDPR :p

I don't know, I think the Mass Effect series is still worth playing - taken as a whole it is still on par with TW3. Now that I've beaten the game I will be eagerly awaiting Fallout 4 as well, though I don't expect it to be good in the way that Witcher was, I expect it to deliver in other ways. The trick is finding very different games that attract you in different ways. "Assassin's Creed Chronicals China" is a fun game, "Bioshock Infinite" is fun, "Wasteland 2" ... but I don't think anything will be quite as fun as this until the expansions come out, no.

---------- Updated at 10:37 AM ----------

Join the club. My gaming life has been ruined since 2007, when Witcher 1 came out.

I envy people who are just getting to play the original Witcher game; I played it at least 8 times, easily, and loved it every time. That game was awesome and if I didn't know it front to back I'd be playing it again right now. (I'm seriously tempted)

Not a bad idea! It's no secret that Witcher 1 had a better story and atmosphere than Witcher 2. I wonder how The Witcher 3 holds up?

Hmm, I'm not getting as near a excitement I got with Witcher 1. Of course TW3 have a huge and beautiful world, but in the story and dialogue department it doesn't get even close to The Witcher 1. Most dialogues are bland and quick with the exception of some main line quests so far... I have finished Velen and Novigrad, starting Skellige now. I keep getting my fingers crossed for a major breakthrough, but I'm afraid that's not going to happen. Also some key gameplay elements in TW3 seem quite gamebreaking IMO. I made a thread about it called "Why The Witcher 3 is so generous with loot" in which I describe it better. Here: http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...s-so-generous-with-loot?p=1778342#post1778342

I'm not sure if you are playing the game, I'm trying really hard to enjoy it, but it seems the series took a totally different way since The Witcher 2. TW2 really bothered me in many aspects, I was expecting to see some of the brilliant things in TW1 back in TW3, but that's not the case unfortunately.

I don't know, I think the Mass Effect series is still worth playing - taken as a whole it is still on par with TW3.

Yes - if you're a real RPG fan I highly, highly recommend that you take one single character through all 3 games on highest difficulty and all with all the DLC.

The DLC (lair of the shadow broker, arrival, leviathan, citadel etc etc) really help flesh out the universe and then the ending of Mass Effect 3 makes a lot more sense.

I took a single femshep infiltrator with the widow rifle through all 3 games and it was beyond epic. Saved Wrex, saved Eve, cured the genophage, united the geth and quarian, all team members survived the suicide mission etc etc...all the good stuff. :)

If you ONLY play Mass Effect 3 without and DLC I fully understand that the ending is a big WTF moment. But if you've gone through all the games and all the DLC there it's a completely different experience.

had the same experience, i'm playing computer games since the early 90s seen a lot of good games but this series is exceptional.
i was playing guild wars 2 every day and enjoyed it immensely, played prince of parsia and some other games but today i force myself to log i don't do that even for the loging rewards, feels like i am taking time from the witcher 3. i am starting my second playthrue now and i'm going to take my time and explore the game world (was using too much fast traveling while playing)

I am in the same situtation so sign me up. This game has achieved everything i expected and dreamed from a video game that i don't know i can ever be pleased with anything else. Bravo CDPR.

OP:

Dude, videogames is one thing. After so well written romance in this game I don't even think I will be able to have a real one myself :p

Graphics IRL are not as good either :p

Attachments

• 7500649.jpg
    7500649.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 33
he saga of the Witcher as a book can either be good, but it is crap in comparison at many works of literature. Let's no go there. Even Tolkien is crap in comparison to serious literature.

After reading Witcher saga I would never go back to reading Tolkien again. It's classic, I know, but I just can't. It's flat, simple and boring.

You probably are young so you haven't read many books,

34 years old, and I read MANY books, however, not many fantasy books.
And I've read Witcher saga 5 times (for the first time 15 years ago). Sapkowski FTW :)

Last edited:
I'm in the club too. This is the best thing I've played in 25 years of gaming.
I think any other title will look just flat compared to it.

I'm not sure if you are playing the game, I'm trying really hard to enjoy it, but it seems the series took a totally different way since The Witcher 2. TW2 really bothered me in many aspects, I was expecting to see some of the brilliant things in TW1 back in TW3, but that's not the case unfortunately.
I'm in the same boat. I already finished The Witcher 3. I really enjoyed it. IMO it took back many of the changes I didn't like about The Witcher 2. Of course, there are still some things about W1 and W2 that are better than W3 (W1 more so than W2), but the open-world more than makes up for that IMO. For me, The Witcher 3 is a true sequel to both games.

Top Bottom