The Witcher 3 running on Windows 10 ?

+
The Witcher 3 running on Windows 10 ?

For those of you that played the witcher 3 on windows 10, what you have to say about the performance.

---

I'm getting a SSD and put the W10 him to play TW3, as they say earn up to 20% performance. someone tested?

Methinks performance gains only apply for DX12 games, and TW3 is not one of them (because there are so far none of them). Performance should be roughly the same on W7, W8 and W10.

I'll be able to tell you later tonight when I play the game as I have Windows 10 preview installed on my system. Even if the game doesn't use DX12 right now, I think it will still benefit somewhat from running on a DX12 capable system as Windows 10 uses a much more advanced driver model compared to Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I have actually noticed improvements in all of my DX11 games so far on Windows 10..

---------- Updated at 03:57 PM ----------

I'll be able to tell you later tonight when I play the game as I have Windows 10 preview installed on my system. Even if the game doesn't use DX12 right now, I think it will still benefit somewhat from running on a DX12 capable system as Windows 10 uses a much more advanced driver model compared to Windows 7 and Windows 8.

I have actually noticed improvements in all of my DX11 games so far on Windows 10..

I downgraded from 10 to 8.1 again since a few games got lower fps or even freezes :(
I made a deal with myself to wait untill the time of christmas/new year, and then look up to forums etc to see if the launch bugs etc are gone.
If the answer is yes, then ill upgrade my 8.1 to 10, if not, i review the option every month from then.
Up untill then, i stick with 8.1 :)

ok, I await your test and answer

---------- Updated at 04:21 PM ----------

---------- Updated at 03:57 PM ----------

I await your test and answer

OK I installed it a few hours ago and it's running great, zero problems at 1440p max settings and 60 FPS locked :) Just make sure you have the latest WHQL drivers, and that you use the in game Vsync option rather than trying to force it in the driver control panel..

OK I installed it a few hours ago and it's running great, zero problems at 1440p max settings and 60 FPS locked :) Just make sure you have the latest WHQL drivers, and that you use the in game Vsync option rather than trying to force it in the driver control panel..

Can you tell what rig do you have? because Im gonna upgrade PC ina a month or so and I wanted to play W3 on 1440p

Can you tell what rig do you have? because Im gonna upgrade PC ina a month or so and I wanted to play W3 on 1440p

Sure. I have a 4930K overclocked to 4.5ghz, two EVGA GTX 980 FTW in SLI, Asrock Extreme6 x79 motherboard, and 16GB of DDR3 2133 RAM. If you want to play the Witcher 3 at 1440p at ultra quality with hairworks enabled, you will definitely need either GTX 980 SLI or a single Titan X that is overclocked..

Sure. I have a 4930K overclocked to 4.5ghz, two EVGA GTX 980 FTW in SLI, Asrock Extreme6 x79 motherboard, and 16GB of DDR3 2133 RAM. If you want to play the Witcher 3 at 1440p at ultra quality with hairworks enabled, you will definitely need either GTX 980 SLI or a single Titan X that is overclocked..

yes, I thought it will be something like that, thanks very much ;)

OK here's an important tip for anyone running the Witcher 3 on Windows 10 preview. Do not use the Spartan browser. It uses some kind of hardware acceleration that destabilizes the GPU drivers, and can cause them to crash during gameplay.

This happens even if the browser itself isn't running, because once you open it, it starts a process that remains running in the task manager..

Well this is really embarrassing, but I made a huge mistake installing the Witcher 3 on Windows 10 preview..

Since the game has been released, I've been playing on Windows 10, and while it's performed decently, it has been suffering from some minor hiccuping or blips; especially in shadow dense areas.. I troubleshooted the hell out of this, and came away with the impression that it was likely a driver issue since I am using SLI..

But last night I thought I'd install Windows 8.1 just to satisfy my curiosity if there was any difference in performance. So I did, and my God, the difference is practically night and day! All of the strange performance problems I was experiencing with Windows 10 have vanished, and the game now runs perfectly smooth on full ultra settings, plus all Gameworks effects set to the max!

I was wrong to think that Windows 10 was ready for prime time use. It's not, especially if you want to play the Witcher 3. So I'm posting this to alert anyone thinking of installing Windows 10 on their primary PC and playing the Witcher 3. DON'T DO IT! Use Windows 8.1 for the best experience!

No issues here. I'm playing on Windows 10 (slow ring) and I've only had single crash in 80hours of playing the game, no weird stuttering, drop, or other performance issues. On the technical side I have experienced a few glitches that cause foliage to start flickering but I've seen others cite that as an AMD issue (I have a 7970).

No issues here. I'm playing on Windows 10 (slow ring) and I've only had single crash in 80hours of playing the game, no weird stuttering, drop, or other performance issues. On the technical side I have experienced a few glitches that cause foliage to start flickering but I've seen others cite that as an AMD issue (I have a 7970).

You're lucky I guess then. Windows 10 looks like it's shaping up to be a great OS, but it's still too raw for me at this point. I'm just going to buy a retail copy when it comes out and do a clean install.

From my experience, upgrades are always worse than clean installs.

Amazing, I'm pretty much running the exact same setup on Win 10 except I'm running it on a 4K monitor (avg ~25-30fps on ultra w/ Hair option). I don't have a machine in Win 7/8 so I can't directly compare. It is fairly stable... maybe 1 gfx driver crash in a 2hr play session. I don't know if it's the Nvidia driver or Win10 but when it does crash it typically recovers itself in a matter of seconds so the game just powers through some black frames for 1-2 sec while the driver recovers. FPS might improve if I downgrade to an older OS, but I honestly wasn't expecting much trying to run the game with a 4K monitor so I'm happy w/ the 25-30 fps I'm getting. To each his own, but it's bearable enough for me to not consider a downgrade back to Win 7/8.

Top Bottom