The Witcher 3: Screenshot & Artwork collection

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So 'next' gen is already dated. Pretty fucking sad that devs will be squeezing the most they can out of this shit hardware for the next 9 yrs.

I find that unlikely slim. This generation of consoles will last a lot shorter than the last one did. The systems are mid-speced even now and they will never truly awe anyone. We are absolutly still waiting for the best they have to offer but it won't take long. And once we're past that, people will crave more. i'm thinking 5-6 years this time around. And new systems will be anounced.

Gens before the ps3/360 only lasted 5-6 years, they over did it with ps3/360, I'll agree that 7-8 is too long,and I think they said they want to push 10 years now.
Well same principle. By end of 2015/2016 these machines will be severely outdated since this is most likely the first gen that has hardware outdated by ~2 years on release.

The PS4 is at least as powerful as a mid-end PC, you shouldn't judge a consoles potential this early with no good games out yet seeing as it's common for early new-gen games to look not much better than late previous-gen software,of course there is no doubt a custom rig can be made stronger obviously, that's a given considering the nature of the PC, don't hold ALL games to the same graphical standards as the Witcher franchise as there are few games out there that graphically polished, even on monstrous PC's.
Maybe PS4 could have competed with mid-high range PCs in 2011-early 2012, but not at 2014. And the consoles just got released, and they are going to be around for years to come; so go figure.

Last edited:
Gens before the ps3/360 only lasted 5-6 years, they over did it with ps3/360, I'll agree that 7-8 is too long,and I think they said they want to push 10 years now.

They'll push it as long as they can and take as little risk as they can - that's the console market in a nutshell. This is why CDPR raving about the xbone and PS4 really annoys me, and it comes across as pure lip service. Sorry for the rant.

Sken

Forum veteran
I don't think we'll see the same length this gen. 5-6 years max is what developers have been asking for.

The 8 year length caused sales to severely tank toward the tail end, they won't want that to happen again.

I would also like to think Microsoft would want to start the next console cycle as early as possible, they are lagging quite badly on the power scale and sales.

You guys hear that xbone is now being sold to CHINA?
I'm worried they will find out that the kinect is just a spy camera and start a freakin war over it lol..
I hope not.

These are not new, guys. Check the first post in the thread, they're all there.
Let's stop spamming the thread with material we've already seen.

It would seem today is the day everyone finds pictures that have already been posted in the thread and post them again... that said the frowning Geralt pic is new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom