The witcher 3 surfacing from water crash!

+
Well my laptop is 2 years old and the pc config aint the best on the market but the game still runs! Anyway when i play the game and go for a swim and try do tive whenever i want to come back to the surface from diving my game crashes! Is that enought info?

Same problem here, happens every single time I try to surface. I play on high resolutions without any problems so it can't be that. Since one of the first quests requires you to dive, it's really frustrating...

I too am having the same issue, I was running the game fine on high but once I tried to get out of the water it crashes. I tried turning everything to low and it still crashed every time i got to the surface.

I am having the dive surface issue

I too am having the same issue, I was running the game fine on high but once I tried to get out of the water it crashes. I tried turning everything to low and it still crashed every time i got to the surface.

I am having this issue also. Very frustrating, as I was looking forward to playing this game today and took the day off work to do so. Everytime I surface from the water , the game crashes. Everything runs fine on High graphics, I have a 3 Gig R7-290 graphics card , so it's not a hardware problem. Appears to be a bug, a bad one. Fix it please quickly

Has anyone figured out, how to deal with this problem? I tried saving during getting to the air, but its hopeless...

Having the same problem. Its not hardware, all the drivers and stuff are updated. When ever i dive underwater and surface the game crashes back to desktop with no error message or nothing... Rest of the game runs fine.

Okay I might have found a (temporary) solution for the problem. If you swim against the shore and keep looking down until Geralt has to stand up the game doesn't crash (tried it about ten times). But there still has to be a solution since this trick only works in waters with a shore so far...

I found solution on polish forum. I have Radeon R9 270 and game crash too. Install new graphics drivers, that should help.

Yes man ! Its really working ! Thank you so much !
So, i assume that everyone, who has this issue, is an owner of AMD.
So, you only have to download the newest driver of your graphic card...
So, I strongly recommend you to check this out. http://support.amd.com/en-us/download#
After the installation of all nessesary drivers it should really work.

Find new driver to your graphic card and install it. For people who have card R9 270x that help. Game don't crash anymore

k so i updated my amd gpu drivers on AMD catalyst control center. First dive and re surface worked and did not crash on me. I am running the game through that program right now. If anyone uses a AMD gpu i would try using that program cause it optimizes all your games and you can run them right from it. going to try diving a few more times and see if it continues to work

Yep just downgradet my graphics driver and updated it again and IT WORKS! Thanks for your help guys and thank you Boreas!

Top Bottom