THE WITCHER 3 SWITCH , MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER (WITH MORE SETTINGS).

+
Since there's no response from CDPR in any way, I've decided to take another route. Saber Interactive handled the port. Thus, I've emailed their support and received a response:

Hello, Dear Player!

We will consider improving the graphics settings and improving the graphics component of the game in general. But we can't say anything definite yet.

Best Wishes,
Saber Support team

The answer is quite generic, but it at least means they hear us.

Here's the support email for those who want to do the same: help@saber3d.com
Also an "info" email, not quite sure what it's used for, but anyway: info@saber3d.com

Hope they'll patch this.

Since there's no response from CDPR in any way, I've decided to take another route. Saber Interactive handled the port. Thus, I've emailed their support and received a response:

Hello, Dear Player!

We will consider improving the graphics settings and improving the graphics component of the game in general. But we can't say anything definite yet.

Best Wishes,
Saber Support team

The answer is quite generic, but it at least means they hear us.

Here's the support email for those who want to do the same: help@saber3d.com
Also an "info" email, not quite sure what it's used for, but anyway: info@saber3d.com

Hope they'll patch this.
Good news indeed though CDPR are the ones with the ultimate say. I'll send an email to them as well. Switch owners were able to get gyro added to Doom and now gyro controls are a standard on all FPS games on the switch. And that was Bethesda (With panic button). CDPR are much more customer friendly. Let's hope we hear a response from cDPR themselves.

"Thank you for your feedback!
Unfortunately we can't give you any particular information about this.
I’m surely pass this info to our development team.

Best Wishes,
Saber Support team"

Here's the response I got from Saber. I have also e-mailed CDPR asking the same thing. Hopefully we get something from them.

Hello :)
So i made an account too because i don't want to hack my Switch to have a sharper image xD especially when playing on the tv the sharper image and more detailed textures make a big difference in upscaling. (if you have an m-cable or m-classic even more) So please add at least the option do disable anti-aliasing and maybe the option for sharpening ^^
It would make me and my friends really happy :)
Thx

"Thank you for your feedback!
Unfortunately we can't give you any particular information about this.
I’m surely pass this info to our development team.

Best Wishes,
Saber Support team"

Here's the response I got from Saber. I have also e-mailed CDPR asking the same thing. Hopefully we get something from them.

I sent an email too and got the same pasted reply which probably means their getting a lot of emails regarding this!

Guys, I think you have to be patient.
No matter what they say, it would be statement that would cause a reaction of the fanbase and since there is so much to check, starting by the technical aspect all the way to the time schedule and costs, it'd be unfair to demand an answer right now.

I get it, I would love to see a response, and a positive especially, sooner then later but this isn't just a nice talk between buddies, we are asking a company to spend additional money.

No matter what they say, it would be statement that would cause a reaction of the fanbase and since there is so much to check, starting by the technical aspect all the way to the time schedule and costs, it'd be unfair to demand an answer right now.

I get it, I would love to see a response, and a positive especially, sooner then later but this isn't just a nice talk between buddies, we are asking a company to spend additional money.

There is a possibility that Saber still working on a new patch that would improve experience. My guess is solely based on the fact that day1 patch exists, yet they wanted to deliver "complete" experience without it (and game card was meant to deliver it, but it contains version 3.2). In that case, they'll just add our request to the pipeline and it shouldn't cost too much.

But you're partly right anyway. Even if it helps to improve game quality, CDPR can choose not to do it. For example, they didn't want to develop a PS4 Pro patch untill Xbox One X released and they changed their mind.

What additional money? It's a settings menu that's already included in the game. All they have to do is unlock it for us non hackers.

What additional money? It's a settings menu that's already included in the game. All they have to do is unlock it for us non hackers.
Yeah if Modders can do it in one day I’m sure they can do it without much work
Post automatically merged:

There is a possibility that Saber still working on a new patch that would improve experience. My guess is solely based on the fact that day1 patch exists, yet they wanted to deliver "complete" experience without it (and game card was meant to deliver it, but it contains version 3.2). In that case, they'll just add our request to the pipeline and it shouldn't cost too much.

But you're partly right anyway. Even if it helps to improve game quality, CDPR can choose not to do it. For example, they didn't want to develop a PS4 Pro patch untill Xbox One X released and they changed their mind.
Good thing for us is that the 4K patch is way more difficult and complex than simply adding in the settings for TAA and sharpening. Modders did it in one day after the game was released

Last edited:
Yeah if Modders can do it in one day I’m sure they can do it without much work
Post automatically merged:

Good thing for us is that the 4K patch is way more difficult and complex than simply adding in the settings for TAA and sharpening. Modders did it in one day after the game was released
I'm not even saying they patch the game tomorrow; all I'm saying is this thing has gained a lot of attention over the last few days on internet and social media and I would've expected them to at least having acknowledged it by now.

Last edited:

And this requires time of employees, you can't just tinker with the codes a bit and be done with it, it requires testing and proofing to guarantee it not causing issues.
And modders can take advantage of certain options like modified system files and speeds, an official release cannot, so using them as an argument is flawed from the start.

To make it a bit more clear, people have to schedule developer to make the adjustments, people to make the nesseccary testing and it has to be approved by people at Nintendo to not violate their guidelines and so forth. So several people are involved. People who have to make a living and can't just do what they want with the system. Therefore, long story short, a company has to make cost benefit analysis to evaluate whether it is practical or not and as of now, a few dozen people won't justify spending several hundred, probably into the thousands, of dollars.

All I am saying, don't act like it is nothing, you ask people to do their job for free, so at least be polite

Yes, modders can modify system files and overclock the console. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about settings already encoded within the game. So the modders' argument stands, wether you like it or not.

Does it require testing? Maybe so (though, again, modders haven't reported any impact at all on performance), but we're not asking them to implement these changes right now anyway.

All we want is they answer any of the dozens of people asking them on social media and message boards. And that doesn't cost money. It's just a "we're considering it" o maybe even -worst case scenario- a "it's not possible". They've had plenty of time.

You don't need to justify everything a company does. Not even one most of us hold in high regard anyway.

Yes, modders can modify system files and overclock the console. But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about settings already encoded within the game. So the modders' argument stands, wether you like it or not.

Does it require testing? Maybe so (though, again, modders haven't reported any impact at all on performance), but we're not asking them to implement these changes right now anyway.

All we want is they answer any of the dozens of people asking them on social media and message boards. And that doesn't cost money. It's just a "we're considering it" o maybe even -worst case scenario- a "it's not possible". They've had plenty of time.

You don't need to justify everything a company does. Not even one most of us hold in high regard anyway.

No it doesn't, becasue it isn't already in the code. The modder by the name of "masagrator" notices similarities between the settings of the switch and pc code and implanted and modified corresponding files till those few accessible options showed up. It isn't just a toggle to switch to enable this, the code has to be altered and as long as you can't gurantee it to be without affect on the system integrity or performance (at least two things CDPR and Saber have to proove to Nintendo), the modder argument is not valid. Modders can do stuff official developers are prohibited from.

And I don't justify what a company does, I try to remind you guys WE want something from them, not the other way around. And the constant fist flailing and spamming on several places to make it look like a bigger demand than it is, just to force a response will get us nowhere. Instead we should share the shit out of this thread so people will acctualy gather on one place to show how many people are there for real.

And once again, as I said before, every response from CDPR or Saber will cause a reaction that has to be taken into account. They will respond eventually.

Hi just signed in to lend my support to this. I love the game but would really love the option to disable the AA if possible as it looks much better in my eyes.

Greetings fellow Witchers! And to you CDPR and Saber. We wholeheartedly appreciate this port. Having a witcher adventure in the palm of our hands is just a miracle. Like others have said and i have read, i registered just to add an agreeing vote on disabling the TAA option and adding more sharpness into the game. Oh almighty Allgods of CDPR and Saber, help a poor wretch in need. Pretty please! I'd gladly cut my E A R if I have to lol *wink wink*

tit.gif

I agree with everyone as well. Please add these options cd project. I beg you. At least that way we have the option to choose. You guys always listen.
Thank you so much

Hey everyone,
Just registered to support you.
Also, there are some "little news". Russian players already sent the message to Saber Interactive and they answerd . I translate - "Hi, we can't comment it yet, but we are going to add some users requests to the new patch". So, lets just hope

Attachments

• -NJj8o-mJM0.jpg
    -NJj8o-mJM0.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 450
Top Bottom