THE WITCHER 3 SWITCH , MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER (WITH MORE SETTINGS).

+
I would love to see a patch that includes some additional level of visual settings customization (ex. turn off anti-aliasing, sharpening, etc.)

But still, it's just great to have The Witcher 3 on Switch!

Guest 4374956

I'd love the option to turn off anti-aliasing. The way Witcher 3 currently looks gives me terrible motion sickness, which the PC version never did. I also get the same feeling when I take off my glasses. It's like my eyes constantly try to refocus to make the image seem sharper.
Sadly that's why I can't play the Switch version for too long. Half an hour tops.

A patch would literally make the difference from almost unplayable to playable for me.

1.gif

Witcher 3 got an update to version 3.5 and sadly they did not add in this feature. I think its safe to assume with no response from them and nothing added in 3.5 this basically means they don't care and most likely will not add it in.

I really don't want to hack my switch in order to get those graphic setting and restart playing the game (I bought the cartridge from day 1 and already played 40 hrs+). But if CDPR still hv no response and release a patch to fix the graphic, I will think about it.

Here we can see the gameplay graphic actually could be much better if we can just turn off AA and add sharpening.

I don't expect there will be an update patch now and found a way to play the modded version eventually.
I just feel very disappointed that CDPR still not give us a word on this topic to improve the graphic of this awesome switch port as I don't think it is very difficult to make it happen.
The graphic of the modded version is so much better by just disable the AA and enable sharpening, especially on handheld mode, I'm very enjoy to play it on the go now.

Witcher 3 got an update to version 3.5 and sadly they did not add in this feature. I think its safe to assume with no response from them and nothing added in 3.5 this basically means they don't care and most likely will not add it in.
Why the assumptions?
Aside from the issue with Spanish subs is known longer, it is a bug, a mistake and those are addressed first and foremost.
We are asking an additional feature that wasn't meant to be in the Switch version. Two totally different settings and no reason to assume anything.
We want something from them, not the other way around and until they comment it is neither approved nor declined. Patience.

Why the assumptions?
Aside from the issue with Spanish subs is known longer, it is a bug, a mistake and those are addressed first and foremost.
We are asking an additional feature that wasn't meant to be in the Switch version. Two totally different settings and no reason to assume anything.
We want something from them, not the other way around and until they comment it is neither approved nor declined. Patience.

To stay patient humans need something to hope in, if there's no date compromised to have a fix we feel anxious and scammed... Go and tell the same story about patience to Bloodstained forums and you'll be lynched by them.

To stay patient humans need something to hope in, if there's no date compromised to have a fix we feel anxious and scammed... Go and tell the same story about patience to Bloodstained forums and you'll be lynched by them.
Well, it's not a fix but an addition. The Game is supposed to look as it is right now, it was advertised like this. We want options to change this look, additional options, comparing it to a bug or broken coding and calling it a scam is a flawed premise.
I get your point and why you feel this way but what do we gain from being outraged, jumping to conclusions or presume things? Do you think they will responde faster or positively this way?
Would you responde to someone who wants more and startes screaming because you weren't fast enough?
We want them to add features that weren't supposed to be in it Game, I badly want those options be available in the Retail version. And let's face it, the wishes of roughly 100 People are probably not that high up on the priority list.
But wouldn't you agree it to be more beneficial for our cause to think what we can do to make it happen? To share this Thread, make a petition, spread it on social media, get more Youtube channels to talk about it? Wouldn't that be more goal oriented than for us to throw our hands in the air and feel sorry four ourselves because they haven't responded yet?
As long as no official Spokesperson shows up and gives us a feedback, everything is possible, us venting our impatience won't help.

Oh and Bloodstained is a bad example, it just recieved the update 1.03 which fixed input lag and load times while meddling with the FPS a bit, a few days ago. And I own a copy of Bloodstained, I am a backer and one of those who complained about the state of the game. since it's horribe Performance at PAX and how it wasn't fixed until release despite promisses of doing so. So Bloodstained is a whole different story.

I don't expect there will be an update patch now and found a way to play the modded version eventually.
I just feel very disappointed that CDPR still not give us a word on this topic to improve the graphic of this awesome switch port as I don't think it is very difficult to make it happen.
The graphic of the modded version is so much better by just disable the AA and enable sharpening, especially on handheld mode, I'm very enjoy to play it on the go now.
Hi Bro
Could you please share with me how to play modded version in normal switch ?

Well, it's not a fix but an addition. The Game is supposed to look as it is right now, it was advertised like this. We want options to change this look, additional options, comparing it to a bug or broken coding and calling it a scam is a flawed premise.
I get your point and why you feel this way but what do we gain from being outraged, jumping to conclusions or presume things? Do you think they will responde faster or positively this way?
Would you responde to someone who wants more and startes screaming because you weren't fast enough?
We want them to add features that weren't supposed to be in it Game, I badly want those options be available in the Retail version. And let's face it, the wishes of roughly 100 People are probably not that high up on the priority list.
But wouldn't you agree it to be more beneficial for our cause to think what we can do to make it happen? To share this Thread, make a petition, spread it on social media, get more Youtube channels to talk about it? Wouldn't that be more goal oriented than for us to throw our hands in the air and feel sorry four ourselves because they haven't responded yet?
As long as no official Spokesperson shows up and gives us a feedback, everything is possible, us venting our impatience won't help.

Oh and Bloodstained is a bad example, it just recieved the update 1.03 which fixed input lag and load times while meddling with the FPS a bit, a few days ago. And I own a copy of Bloodstained, I am a backer and one of those who complained about the state of the game. since it's horribe Performance at PAX and how it wasn't fixed until release despite promisses of doing so. So Bloodstained is a whole different story.

You got good points, just to clarify I was talking thinking in the language issues, I'm not impatient for the graphical improvement.

Thanks for that information of Bloodstained, I bought it digital ... I was very excited at the beginning when it launched but 2 months later after no freaking fixes I just deleted it and forgot about it, I made the decision to never support any Kickstarter or buy games done that way again... Lots of promises broken and a horribad port.

I didn't post any complain about that game, because I felt totally scammed... It was worthless.

But I'm here so things like that don't happen again, I was posting the language issues in every post they made on Facebook, so no more people were in my situation and redirecting them to the forum.

Hi Bro
Could you please share with me how to play modded version in normal switch ?
Nope, it's impossible. Your switch must be running CFW to load the mod. Another way is transfer the save which disabled TAA, added sharpening.... from a hacked switch to your switch (but it's risking a ban for both switch)

Like many of the other users here, I noticed the current graphics are just too blurred out, especially while docked, to the point of making me feel dizzy. Tried turning on/off both blur settings but to no avail.
Would be great if you could let us know if there is any plan for a fix.

It was mentioned on wccftech. Some people were asking about it in the comments under Digital Foundry analysis on YouTube. There's a pretty lively thread right here, at the official forums. How much more should it be shared? Where and what exactly should we post? And what better place to ask about it than official forums to begin with? Even Saber Interactive said this first (so there was and maybe is some hope): https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...h-more-settings.11016452/page-4#post-11753396
But later they suggested to ask CDPR ("Ask CDPR about anything related to the Switch port.")
saber.png

And also the thing is - correct me if I'm wrong - this no AA/sharpening fix is just a couple of config files from PC version. It looks simple as heck, an absolute piece of cake to implement it officially, and if it's time consuming to test it thoughtfully, they can just add 'use at your own risk' warning - but once again, can it even really break the game when it's so basic?
...and still, no response whatsoever, not even 'we'll look into it'. That's sad.

It was mentioned on wccftech. Some people were asking about it in the comments under Digital Foundry analysis on YouTube. There's a pretty lively thread right here, at the official forums. How much more should it be shared? Where and what exactly should we post? And what better place to ask about it than official forums to begin with? Even Saber Interactive said this first (so there was and maybe is some hope): https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...h-more-settings.11016452/page-4#post-11753396
But later they suggested to ask CDPR ("Ask CDPR about anything related to the Switch port.")
View attachment 11020478

And also the thing is - correct me if I'm wrong - this no AA/sharpening fix is just a couple of config files from PC version. It looks simple as heck, an absolute piece of cake to implement it officially, and if it's time consuming to test it thoughtfully, they can just add 'use at your own risk' warning - but once again, can it even really break the game when it's so basic?
...and still, no response whatsoever, not even 'we'll look into it'. That's sad.
From What I understand in the Saber Interactive response it reads:

"Hello! All questions, comments and suggestions regarding the Witcher port are recommended to address directly to CDPR https://support.cdprojektred.com/en/witcher-3/nintend..."

I just sent a support request with the link posted above. I'll report back with what they say.

Edit: The response they sent was "Hi, Thank you for your feedback!" I guess we'll just keep waiting.

Last edited:
View attachment 11020478
So wccftech, a comment string under a YouTube video and the official forum and you ask what more there is to share? The occasional rogue comment on twitter aside, what is there in regards to get people to voice their support? We and some on Twitter are dedicated enthusiasts, [...]. And even this thread has pretty slowed down massively and the liveliness comesfrom us talking to each other. But hey , everyone has an opinion about that.

[...] It is true that in its simplest terms it is copying PC files into the corresponding directories of the switch version but this will often Cause cinematics and LOD to glitch out and will, as of now, break the following functions:

-VSync
- Shadows Presets
- Left Stick Sensitivity
- MSAA
- MotionBlurRotationTreshold
- MaxTextureAnizotropy
- SSAO options
- Chromatic Abberation
- Vignette
- Soft Light options
- Billboards (some category of shaders)
- Rain options
- Fog and Mist options

Well, this seem to be the known issues at last, what further issues would occur especially on a vanilla system is hard to tell. Not to mention how the unhacked system works and handles errors differently, has specific Requirements to be met and the game itself needs to run stable.
And Nintendo does not allow the usage of experimental settings that the user has to use on its own risk, depending on the region this would cause legal liability.

[Edited for tone -- SigilFey]

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom