THE WITCHER 3 SWITCH , MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER (WITH MORE SETTINGS).

+

Guest 4374956

show me yours hand, if you following this topic every day and hoping some good new come up :giveup:

I feel exposed. I check it two times per day: once waking up, once before sleep. Can't help but laugh at the short dopamine hit I get when I realize new posts were made which then is followed up by immediate disappointment because it's the same five people posting. Every single time:smart:

Played a couple of hours today and it's so blurry in TV mode. Handheld mode is ok. It really does need the ability to turn off TAA and turn on sharpness. I get a headache playing it in TV mode. I put sharpness all the way up on my TV and it does help but it doesn't do enough.

Guest 4374956

I get a headache playing it in TV mode.

See, that is what I don't get. People are clearly having trouble playing this game. We may just be a minority but we are still paying costumers having legitimate concerns. I've read it here, I've read it on reddit and I experienced it myself. The game is inducing physical sickness for some people in this current state.
So why exactly are they STILL not even acknowledging that this thread exist? That this issue exist? At this point I'd accept it if they told me to go f myself so I could let go, sell this game and go back playing it on PC. Everything is better than the silent treatment they are giving us.
Hell, I've sent help@saber3d.com an email, they told me to contact CDP. Then I've sent contact@cdprojekt.com an email which they have ignored for a week now.

So I'm asking the people working here not if they will deal with the anti AA issue, but why are you ignoring us?

I have faith that a patch with at least some customization options is coming. I believe in CD Projekt. These things can take time to test and then go through Nintendo certification.

It might take another month but I choose to believe its on its way. In the meantime, it's still just amazing to have this game on a mobile device.

Although the main selling point of having Witcher 3 on the Switch is portability, people still have the right to have good time while playing on dock mode. Blurriness causing headaches is just awful, and it is not just one or two people complaining about this problem.

I believe that CDPR will fix this but it is taking their sweet time at least acknowledging the user complaints. We have to wait simply, maybe it will be our Christmas gift :D

There is nothing to implement. Its all there but "watered down" just like switch console itself. It is to prevent overheating & consuming the switch battery too fast in handheld mode. There is even uncompressed audio file which takes up additional 4 Gig of storage space which i doubt the cartridge can fit in.
So please dont blame CD Projekt Red as i believe the "fault" is on Nintendo side setting "certain specifications/limits" to games.

There is nothing to implement. Its all there but "watered down" just like switch console itself. It is to prevent overheating & consuming the switch battery too fast in handheld mode. There is even uncompressed audio file which takes up additional 4 Gig of storage space which i doubt the cartridge can fit in.
So please dont blame CD Projekt Red as i believe the "fault" is on Nintendo side setting "certain specifications/limits" to games.
It's optimized, of course it needs to be to run on a weaker system but why shouldn't there nothing be to implement?
Deactivating AA will benefit the energy consumtion and heating because it is a highly taxing process, adding sharpening will at worst level it. Furthermore, comparing to other Games Switcher is barely heating up the system or draining the battery noticeably, there is still lots of room left. So please, stop the conspiracy theories if you can't provide factual evidence.

And of course they could offer uncompressed audio for download but those 16 People who actually would be in "need" of the original sound would hardly buy the game due to its visual downgrades in the first place.
The Audio is fine, not perfect but fine.

Last edited:
It's optimized, of course it needs to be to run on a weaker system but why shouldn't there nothing be to implement?
Deactivating AA will benefit the energy consumtion and heating because it is a highly taxing process, adding sharpening will at worst level it. Furthermore, comparing to other Games Switcher is barely heating up the system or draining the battery noticeably, there is still lots of room left. So please, stop the conspiracy theories if you can't provide factual evidence.

I ask you this again. What is there to implement? AA? The answer is definitely No! It is hidden inside the game for switch consoles that are not modded. Its called Unlocking the (hidden) features inside the display option.
The extra options available there is discovered by hackers. They did not create them. Barely Heating Up?
Fan.jpg

Not draining the battery? You dont even have any idea of how the switch drains the battery while playing in handheld mode. Have you tried playing the Witcher 3 using DR tweak or 60 FPS for optimised play in handheld? Accusing me of conspiracy & not providing factual evidence? Have you search for them? Obviously NOT!
witcher3 default.jpg

witcher3 on.jpg

Last edited:
Things seem to be getting a bit heated and personal here. Not good.
Disagreeing with others without attacking/insulting/ridiculing them is perfectly possible -- and it's also required by the rules here. So, please, keep that in mind when posting.

Guest 4374956

The extra options available there is discovered by hackers. They did not create them. Barely Heating Up?

Not draining the battery? You dont even have any idea of how the switch drains the battery while playing in handheld mode. Have you tried playing the Witcher 3 using DR tweak or 60 FPS for optimised play in handheld? Accusing me of conspiracy & not providing factual evidence? Have you search for them? Obviously NOT!

We're only talking about turning off AA and adding sharpening ITT. Of course overclocking your system and adding more fps will make the Switch heat up, but you're the only one here talking about that and I don't really know why since that is 100% out of the question. Nothing CDPR could do.
The user you were replying to was actually right. Turning off AA will put less strain on the system since it's one less thing the Switch has to calculate. Adding sharpening will then add some strain again, but I'm pretty sure less than AA. It's a net win in the end.

I ask you this again. What is there to implement? AA? The answer is definitely No! It is hidden inside the game for switch consoles that are not modded. Its called Unlocking the (hidden) features inside the display option.
View attachment 11021558

AA (TAA or FXAA, people are still unsure which one ) is already implemented, it's the reason for the blurry image alongside the lower base resolution. This entire topic is about an option to add functions withing the systems limits, basically first and foremost deactivate the AA and have an perhaps have optional sharpening instead to increase the visual presentation. That's all what is being asked to implement.
And of course those functions are basically in the Game. Framerate, Sharpening, DoF, LoD, AA and so forth are all parts of the code of the Game but tuned, deactivated or scrapped (space is limited and dead code adds up) based on the processing power of the System in relation to the Energy consumption within Nintendo's specifications. That's the usual optimization process. To grant the user of a vanilla system access to these settings, files have to be implemented again. Masagrator, the hacker who discovered it all and did basically all the work, had to implement stuff. It wasn't just a flipping of a switch but actual implemantation and manipulation of code to access those system components. The UI of the menu was just another part of the implemantation to easily manipulate those settings. And based on his thread on gbatemp, there are still loads of issues because of it.

yes, barely heating up. We are still talking about vanilla systems, Witcher3 runs way cooler than many other games and deactivation of AA will not make it worse. That's not even controversial, deactivating a CPU taxing AA process will decrease heat and energy consumption and alternatively can be replaced with an equally taxing process to use the freed ressources.

No one is talking about the energy consumption of a hacked and fully overclocked System running Switcher at 60fps. Energy consumption and heat developement are totally different on such a device and are a flawed comparisson. And MVG is the first to pint out the differences. both on his own videos or on Spawncast. A hacked Switch is a different topic.

So once again, we are talking about a vanilla system, heat and energy is out of the picture since it is limited by the downclocked SoC already. No one is talking about 60 FPS, 720p to 1080p or overclocked systems, we talk about aditional options within the limits of the system. Deactivating stuff like AA won't cause issues in those regards. And even IF there would be increased heat and energy drain, it would still be within reason since Witcher 3 runs cooler and longer than everyone expected it could possibly run. Try to run DQB2, that's causing a hot and fast drained system
Post automatically merged:

This would be a nice optional download for those interested and with available storage space! (assuming there are no performance impacts)

Yeah, but would it be important enough to enough people to be worth the work?
Especially since I believe performance would take a hit. We already see texture or object pop-in, sometime even important stuff like the Hym shadow not loading. There seems to be a CPU bottleneck for streaming assets and high quality uncompressed audi bashing in this bottleneck too could cause issues.

But hey, in the end we could barely believe Witcher3 coming to the Switch at all... the guys ad Saber obviously know what they are doing.

Last edited:
Let me clarify a few things, as this conversation seems to be repeatedly developing heat and upset -- neither of which is acceptable nor valid.

1.) When a game is released on a platform other than PC, options are and have always been quite limited. (Why this is has never been clear to me, but I've got my own theories.) Ultimately, it's something that has been established for decades. Let's not dramatize this like it's a new issue.

2.) Providing options is not something that a company is required to do, nor are players owed this as a feature. It's a valid request, and I personally agree that it is always better to provide people with options if possible. But the finger-pointing and table-banging is going to need to stop. Be polite. If we don't get what we want, that's life. Becoming rude achieves Warnings, not results.

3.) Please, let's stop assuming we have any understanding of all the considerations involved in making such a change to the game. This may be news to some, but developing complex titles often involves hundreds of people across the globe. Changing anything can be extremely difficult once the stamp of approval has been put on the final product. There could be a hundred things in the way that no one has any idea about. So, let's stop with angry words towards other points of view. If you're not in the mood to patiently explain your difference of opinion, don't post.

4.) There's a solution! There is a bleeping, bleepedy solution already. Well, fine, let's call it a workaround, but it's right there! It's not "official", but it's also readily available. If you don't care to unlock your Switch, then decide: "What's worth more to me? Making sure my system stays factory-spec? Or enjoying the game the way I want to?" This will not be the most stressful decision you ever make in life. I swear to the Great Pumpkin, there are more difficult things.

My thoughts are I'd like to see the options added in, but I'm not sure they will be. No info on this end that everyone else doesn't already have, just my sense. At least, I'm not sure such considerations are a priority at the moment. Maybe in the future...who knows?

As for it the game being "stripped down" from the PC/Xbox/PS4 version...well...yeah. Obviously. Since we all know that the Switch does not have anywhere near the hardware or power that the other 3 platforms can offer, then logically the game would need to be rebalanced to be able to run successfully on the more restrictive hardware of the Switch. I, frankly, think what's there and how well it runs is friggin' amazing considering the Switch fits in one's pocket.

Guest 4374956

Incidentally I just got an email from the CDPR support

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback!

I'm afraid I have no information to share regarding this topic.

Kind regards,
John

Sorry, no breakthrough news :D Just wanna share my thoughts.

Guys I just spent 70$ on the Switch Grip to have better handheld experience !@#$ crazy

Because I stopped playing in TV mod at all.

I was used to play on big screen in the nights. But the Witcher 3 is not compatible with my projector picture. You can imagine. :) I tried a lot of first party and ported games. And Witcher 3 is the first one which is not working in TV mode. Handheld is great but TV is not cool at all. The blurriness is terrible.

On the other hand, this game is awesome! It's my second run and I'm still in love with that game.

Hello,
please
unlock the option to disable anti aliasing
unlock the option to enable sharpening

Modders have discovered these options are hidden
in the Switch Version of the game,
but they vastly improve image quality when
playing docked on the television.
proof:

Warframe also offers many graphics settings on switch
to please it's users so i think it should be considered.

Sincerely,
Hermes

Top Bottom