THE WITCHER 3 SWITCH , MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER (WITH MORE SETTINGS).

+
After a few weeks out of home and only playing in handheld, i was able to play first time on dock mode on my 55' inches Oled TV. I have to agree with what has been said here that playing it on a TV it is not a pleasant experience at all. So now i definitively want even more that the next general patch will allow some tinkering with AA level and perhaps sharpness.

Still hoping for a CDPR to deploy this patch before Christmas (in the light of such revenue boost from Switch Witcher 3 sales) :)

This thread is almost 2 months old. Has CDPR not responded? Why would they even take this out, and why WOULDN'T they just unhide this due to (hopefully) overwhelming demand, when changing the graphic options has been proven to run the game better? The same people playing it on Switch are the same ones playing on PC, and obviously aren't confused by these options there. It already looks like vaseline on glass at 10-20 FPS so I doubt people could make it much worse on Switch, so why the heck can't we adjust the specifically and purposefully hidden, yet still intact, graphic options?

Seriously, no dodge the question answers please, why can't we adjust the graphic settings to make the game look and play undeniably better? What is the corporate downside to having this hidden?

This thread is almost 2 months old. Has CDPR not responded? Why would they even take this out, and why WOULDN'T they just unhide this due to (hopefully) overwhelming demand, when changing the graphic options has been proven to run the game better? The same people playing it on Switch are the same ones playing on PC, and obviously aren't confused by these options there. It already looks like vaseline on glass at 10-20 FPS so I doubt people could make it much worse on Switch, so why the heck can't we adjust the specifically and purposefully hidden, yet still intact, graphic options?

Seriously, no dodge the question answers please, why can't we adjust the graphic settings to make the game look and play undeniably better? What is the corporate downside to having this hidden?

Because there is nothing hidden and it doesn't run better. The changes are only accessible by tinkering with the code on modded systems. The code has to be altered and changed (with the necessary issues of scheduling, testing and approving). So it is way harder than just flipping a switch. And of course feature requests aren't as high on a to do list than bugs and scheduled optimizations.

And if you think the current version runs at 10-20 FPS (after 130 hrs with this version highly doubtful) you will be disappointed to expect these changes to improve on that. Those graphical changes will not affect the performance. In fact, if cranked up it will further slow down the system. If you want better graphics and performance, you have to mod your switch since this is the only way to get the necessary power to achieve it. The requested features of disabled AA and sharpening will probably be around the same level of performance. So no, but the only thing that will run the game better is a modded and overclocked system.

So it is way harder than just flipping a switch. And of course feature requests aren't as high on a to do list than bugs and scheduled optimizations.

You're starting to sound like a broken record. We know it's not like flipping a switch.

But it's been two months, how hard is to answer some users request with a yes, a no or a maybe on their own official message board?

You're starting to sound like a broken record. We know it's not like flipping a switch.

But it's been two months, how hard is to answer some users request with a yes, a no or a maybe on their own official message board?

Shhhhh! Gosh! They are enjoying our money bruh... when they finish it, they will be more than interested to read us...

I agree with Valenhir. It has already been emphasized that the changes we are asking are not easy to implement and that they follow a very meticulous process before they can be put in a patch.

However, considering the amount of people who contacted CDPR and Saber about this topic, the growing size of this thread- it is impossible for CDPR to not have a clue that users are "complaining" the over the top AA. For many of us a simple official yes/no/maybe it would be enough for the moment.

Registered to upvote this. This is my first time playing witcher 3 and my first witcher experience and I have got to say CD projekt red, I absolutely love this game and the lore and I'm starting the books soon. However, I have also watched the video about the mod and how much it improves the visuals. Let's make this happen! And thank you for all your hard work and passion you put into your games, it does not go unnoticed and should be an industry standard.

Could say the same thing about you. You keep on telling the same stuff over and over too, why should it be any different?

As long as people claim developer just have to do something, I will mention how it isn't just "just".
That's why I addressed the complaint directly and explained what is going on and didn't addressed the entire thread. Just like this comment isn't meant to answer everyone's comment but only as a reply to you.

[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
Ladies and gents, let's drop all of the "Yes, it is! / No, it isn't!" type of arguing.

Remember: no one is required to understand things the way you do, and no one ever "wins" an argument. No one's opinion is superior to anyone else's, and no -- your opinion does not become "fact" because a whole bunch of people happen to agree with you.

Everyone's opinion is welcome, and everyone's opinion will be
respected.

Personally, I'm still utterly blown away by the fact that I can play Witcher 3 on a handheld device. It's nothing short of miraculous and I'm grateful that CD Projekt Red and Saber Interactive did such an amazing job with the port in the first place. Do I still want to be able to play with the graphics settings I prefer? Absolutely, but I'm certainly able to enjoy what's already present as well.

Be happy people. Video games are meant to be fun. :)

Last edited:
I agree, please add the option to adjust the graphics setting. Or tone-down the AA and increase the sharpness. I love the game on my Switch, but the graphics look too blurry. Please give the consumer the option to adjust the graphics, or release a patch that tones down the AA and makes the visuals sharper. Thank you for your hard work porting this game to Switch!!

CDPR/Saber can pull out something like Insomniac games did last year for Spider-Man. Long story short... People were nagging them to include one spidey suit since the game was launched (September 2018) and they included it just in time for Christmas :)

Fingers crossed for something like this to happen here.

Last edited:
Top Bottom