THE WITCHER 3 SWITCH , MAKE THE GAME LOOK BETTER (WITH MORE SETTINGS).

+
What's the point of an official message board if CD Projekt just ignore everything posted here (their social media too) big time?

What's the point of an official message board if CD Projekt just ignore everything posted here (their social media too) big time?
I agree with Valenhir. The situation here is downright shameful. This thread exists basically since the game hit the stores and not a single official reply was made. As stated previously by a lot of people, "no" would suffice. The situation is even worse for the "audio + subtitles packs" thread, those people are not asking for improvements, they are asking for something that the game should deliver and that is part of the product they bought!

I honestly don't understand what was the support agreement done with Saber to support Witcher 3 after lunch on the Switch. I also don't understand what kind of PR policy CDPR has, when some issues with their product are clearly identified and nothing is done to manage customer expectations. Worst case scenario, losing a couple thousand of dollars, by making sure that Saber or other company is going to solve those issues, is better thank loosing the respect of hundreds of fans.

Marketing 101- There is no better marketing than a satisfied customer. An unhappy customer is also something to be avoided for the same reason.

After all this time my confidence that this patch is going to happen and that it will be "worth the wait" is fading each passing day.

Still waiting for news xP But happy to know something is coming :) I think that they don't reply might have something to do with Nintendo beeing against homebrew and hacking and the first video linked is obviously messing with the system... if it was just turned off anti aliasing beeing showed, thats one thing, but they also show overclocking

I know it’s easy to get frustrated about a game we are so passionate about, but their could be plenty of reasons for the lack of communication. I’d like to think that they are remaining relatively silent, because they are implementing and testing new graphical settings and until the testing is done they do not want to mention it as a possibility. I work in software and this happens all the time. Better to remain silent then make a promise you eventually can’t deliver on. Either way, I have a strong feeling this will be more then a bug and language fix. This is a perfect time for Saber to show their abilities even further with The Witcher 3. It’s a showcase product for them to the market and to other developers. Not to mention if switch gets more graphical settings then PS4 or Xbox one you’ll be seeing plenty of articles about it. That’s in itself is free and great marketing. I’m anxious like us all to see the update, but I’m remaining positive since I have a solid feeling it will be “worth the wait”.

Last edited:
I know it’s easy to get frustrated about a game we are so passionate about, but their could be plenty of reasons for the lack of communication. I’d like to think that they are remaining relatively silent, because they are implementing and testing new graphical settings and until the testing is done they do not want to mention it as a possibility. I work in software and this happens all the time. Better to remain silent then make a promise you eventually can’t deliver on. Either way, I have a strong feeling this will be more then a bug and language fix. This is a perfect time for Saber to show their abilities even further with The Witcher 3. It’s a showcase product for them to the market and to other developers. Not to mention if switch gets more graphical settings then PS4 or Xbox one you’ll be seeing plenty of articles about it. That’s in itself is free and great marketing. I’m anxious like us all to see the update, but I’m remaining positive since I have a solid feeling it will be “worth the wait”.
None of that is excuse enough. There's no excuse for the complete lack of communication with your customers in 2020 when you have social media, a dedicated message board and every other mean possible to keep in touch with your users.

We didn't want dates. We didn't want promises. All we wanted was a simple acknowledgement that they were hearing/reading us.

But no. Not a peep from CD Projekt in all these months.

We have to get by with the little crumbs a third party, Saber Interactive, gives us.

It's kind of sad.

I also work with software and i am familiarized with a couple of software development methodologies. Although i understood what you said about "not providing false hopes" to customers, i disagree in the fact that - customer expectations always have to be managed. This is part of any business, and software/IT is not any different.

As Valenhir said, people just want an official statement regarding what is being discussed. In this this thread, it would be nice to have that confirmation, but we are asking for a improvement over the product we bought, so we are not entitled to it. For the "audio + subtitles" threat an official statement should have been made long time ago. Those people are legally entitled to what they are actually asking, because they are not getting what they though to have bought.

Let's us all be in the dark and perform a manual check for updates for the Witcher 3 each passing day :|

Last edited:
None of that is excuse enough. There's no excuse for the complete lack of communication with your customers in 2020 when you have social media, a dedicated message board and every other mean possible to keep in touch with your users.

We didn't want dates. We didn't want promises. All we wanted was a simple acknowledgement that they were hearing/reading us.

But no. Not a peep from CD Projekt in all these months.

We have to get by with the little crumbs a third party, Saber Interactive, gives us.

It's kind of sad.

the cold hard truth is a majority of gamers (online atleast) are assholes, extremely demanding, and cry about EVERYTHING so if I was them I wouldn't make any comments either

Saber interactive has deleted the two comments on VK that were linked in the articles mentioned here earlier, one that they were hard at work on the patch and the other that the patch would be worth the wait.

I hope that was just to clean up parts of the comment threads that went out of line and not a deliberate action to remove any comments about the patch we are waiting for.

Well this is depressing news. I haven't touched my Witcher 3 for the Switch for over a month now since the AA blurriness is abysmal to my eyes, compared to it being turned off with sharpness turned up. I don't even care about overclocking or achieving 60 fps, that was never going to be possible, but at least let us enjoy the visuals without having to squint at them!

Saber interactive has deleted the two comments on VK that were linked in the articles mentioned here earlier, one that they were hard at work on the patch and the other that the patch would be worth the wait.

I hope that was just to clean up parts of the comment threads that went out of line and not a deliberate action to remove any comments about the patch we are waiting for.

Unfortunately I really find it odd that they felt the need to suppress these particular comments. I don't think this was for the purpose of cleaning up the comment threads since other posts on their wall are litterally flooded with people arguing/asking about the patch, some having a lot more comments than this one.

I can't bring myself to think nothing is going on though, since these comments existed and were directly posted from someone at Saber.
Nonetheless, I have been checking this thread every single day for two months and I find the lack of response from CDPR infuriating. And Saber taking back the only breadcrumbs we were given is even more revolting.

Saber has confirmed a patch will come, perhaps they had to delay it due to technical issues, perhaps CDPR needed help optimizing Cyberpunk for Consoles... we don't know and we never will know why those posts were deleted. We do know they are working on a bigger patch, so how about staying calm and patient instead of starting hysterical screeching.
You wouldn't want to interact with customers behaving like that, why should they. And no, we aren't the first customers wanting something but they probably don't change their PR just because we want them to.

Of course, this game is their product, not ours. They do not have to invest the slightest effort to tailor it to the needs of gamers after they bought it.

Well, arguably, in this case, mentioned issues are related to the quality of the product, whether it is "usable" or not. If you buy a TV and then find out it randomly turns off after 30 mins of use, you will use the warranty. Well, in our case, some people are unable to play the game for long periods of time because they get a headache from anti-aliasing. I feel it too, my brain being too dumb to understand it doesn't have to eye focus every time I rotate the camera. As a customer, I could get a refund, and that'd be the end of it. Unfortunately, I really care about this product and would really like to be able to use it. In that case, our only leverage is posting messages online. On official boards. Which purpose is... exactly that.

And they must have the best reason in the world not to say anything and to delete the only answers in two months time. They are not evil.
However, in my humble opinion, no reason is good enough not to communicate at all.

Of course, this game is their product, not ours. They do not have to invest the slightest effort to tailor it to the needs of gamers after they bought it.

Well, arguably, in this case, mentioned issues are related to the quality of the product, whether it is "usable" or not. If you buy a TV and then find out it randomly turns off after 30 mins of use, you will use the warranty. Well, in our case, some people are unable to play the game for long periods of time because they get a headache from anti-aliasing. I feel it too, my brain being too dumb to understand it doesn't have to eye focus every time I rotate the camera. As a customer, I could get a refund, and that'd be the end of it. Unfortunately, I really care about this product and would really like to be able to use it. In that case, our only leverage is posting messages online. On official boards. Which purpose is... exactly that.

And they must have the best reason in the world not to say anything and to delete the only answers in two months time. They are not evil.
However, in my humble opinion, no reason is good enough not to communicate at all.

I believe the only reason they're remaining quiet is because they don't want to confirm or deny anything about what can and can't be done until they're sure. Very easy for plans to change, as we all know. Once things are ready, everyone will know exactly what the patch will offer. (We have no information you guys don't have.)

The fact that there has been zero official communication about this from either CD Project or Saber leads me to believe that there is no official communication channel. Saber might not be allowed to talk about their work without consulting CD Project first, and CD Project is busy working on other things.

Money Talks.
The most important for CD Project was to sort out issue with real creator of The Witcher.
Few days after announcement that both parties agreed on new relationship - Saber announced that they started working on it - and they will release soon new patch "worth waiting for" - so i wouldn't be surprised that CDPR was pending some payments to Saber and as soon as CDPR budget got clear even to them - there was some movement ?

Nintendo completely moved responsibilities to Developer (CDPR) - and their responses were always - "this is out of our control - please contact Developer". Seems to me game was not even properly setup on Nintendo as you have 2 different news channels for Witcher. - one linked to the game has no news, no content - and another one - setup prior game release has 1 video. in the news feed.

So only known to us fact is that CDPR sucks in communication with customer - and they don't give a ....
That's my only issue with them. If i would have clear view that things will change within next 3+months - i would simply return it - get my money back and buy it cheaper as soon as there is update with language pack fix.

I appreciate all the work they did - it is just the fact that I have this game from pre-order and now it is laying like that for few months not played....

Last edited:
Saber has confirmed a patch will come, perhaps they had to delay it due to technical issues, perhaps CDPR needed help optimizing Cyberpunk for Consoles... we don't know and we never will know why those posts were deleted. We do know they are working on a bigger patch, so how about staying calm and patient instead of starting hysterical screeching.
You wouldn't want to interact with customers behaving like that, why should they. And no, we aren't the first customers wanting something but they probably don't change their PR just because we want them to.

Can we please keep it civil and not attack each other. Nobody has been downright rude or obnoxious (as of yet). We should stand together as consumers of this game and I would think most of us have utmost respect for both CDPR and Saber as developers.

I believe the only reason they're remaining quiet is because they don't want to confirm or deny anything about what can and can't be done until they're sure. Very easy for plans to change, as we all know. Once things are ready, everyone will know exactly what the patch will offer. (We have no information you guys don't have.)

I appreciate that plans and timescales change, there's zero doubt about it. However, some of us would like even a basic response such as "we're working on it, however we cannot say how long or when the patch will be available". It'll put some concern to rest. Even if they have to cancel on it, just some form of communication would at least let us know the situation. Of course they're not obligated to do so, but then that kind of leaves consumers feeling a bit lost and confused.

Digital Foundry just released a Video kind of addressing the topic of advanced settings with a focus on overclocking the system.

Nonetheless, one thing that stood out was the assessment of "post processing effects (like sharpening) have a neglectable affect on the performance"

I also would have liked to see what adjusting settings on stock clocks did. Considering Saber Interactive can't mess with the system clocks, it would have been awesome to see what would happen with sharpening on and low foliage. I think that's the most likely 'upgrade' to the game with the best impact on resolution we can realistically expect.

Last edited:
SABER wrote on their Vk page (02/05/2020):
saber_vk.png

Translation:
Dear friends, in our VKontakte group we share news about the inner life of our studio, our releases and vacancies.
If you have comments and suggestions regarding The Witcher 3 port, please send them here:

:ROFLMAO:

and made limited commenting on this post... :(

I saw this a few days ago, that leaves us even more in the dark as that was the only communications channel. At least CD Project did not dement the news that a patch was in the works when a few news outlets picked up on the earlier VK comments.

But from all we know the whole project could be cancelled by now and nobody would be left to tell us...

Top Bottom