The Witcher 3 to be published in CZ-SK-HU territories by CENEGA, with Czech localization on all three platforms

+
czech subtitles? what is the problem? we have been one republic for so long, every child knows both languages. we are brothers anyways
and one more thing, czech translation of the witcher books was so brilliant, i hope there wont ever be the slovak version, that would be some kind of translation from third hand with translated names, like our language-ists are used to do

edit: urcite si aj tw3 kupim na gog.com :)

Wait, I think I misunderstood the OP. Does that mean it won't be localized to Hungarian? That would suck, but I really hope it will be eventually. I don't think my English (not to speak of my Czech...) is good enough to understand each and every bit of the story.

OR Comgad will translate it for CDPROJEKT RED and publisher wiil be Cenega. Like with Watch Dogs (cz localization)

I don't know guys. I think english actors were much better than the polish ones. I think that english vo and subtitles is the best option. Keep in mind....I'm from Poland ;)

prelate7 said:
I don't know guys. I think english actors were much better than the polish ones. I think that english vo and subtitles is the best option. Keep in mind....I'm from Poland ;)/>

Yup, Doug Cockle is the most badass Geralt ever.

prelate7 said:
I don't know guys. I think english actors were much better than the polish ones. I think that english vo and subtitles is the best option. Keep in mind....I'm from Poland ;)/>
Blasphemy! Jacek Rozenek is the one and only Butcher from Blaviken;)

Do braci Czechów. Jak to dobrze czytając wasze posty, dowiedzieć się, że rozumiem pisany język czeski xD

For me Doug Cockle is too grumpy. Jacek Rozenek nailed Geralt just as imagined him when I read the books.

I liked czech dubbing in W1 a lot, but some players didn't like Geralt's voice.. it takes time to get used to.. but after that I wouldn't change.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwW_dtBWEYU

Czech Voice over would be awesome if they would use a polish voiceover as an aid with intonation. I mainly hate Czech dubbing because of the Geralt's voice, its terrible. But Jacek Rozenek's voice, is the best voice they could pick for Geralt.

When speaking about dubbings, i found a nice comparison of them:
Comparison of laguage versions

And here is one mine comparison ( its a song which drunk soldier sings in the flotsam inn)
Comparison no.2

Vojtas said:
French Saskia is the best. In Polish she was the worst in the whole cast.
I like that French Saskia too, but (based on that video) I like also Polish Saskia - that first sentence was terrible, that is true, but after that (6:21) her voice was fine (but you should know that better, I just heard two sentences from this video :) )
I also liked russian version (Henselt, some soldiers). And only PL version had properly drunked voice actor for that soldier (2:10), in second video PL version was also the best one.

What the hell??...I'm Hungarian and oc speak English, but it would be nice to have our own version of sutitles.
And about the Czech subtitles...We don't need them... Seriously...Useless....In Hungary we don't speak Czech...

Forgive me if I were rude. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.

rozoga23 said:
What the hell??...I'm Hungarian and oc speak English, but it would be nice to have our own version of sutitles. And about the Czech subtitles...We don't need them... Seriously...Useless....In Hungary we don't speak Czech... Forgive me if I were rude. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
I'm Polish and I understand your feelings. Yes, installing Czech subtitles in Hungarian version is weird, because your language is nothing like any Slavic one. So yeah, useless for Hungarian players.

rozoga23 said:
What the hell??...I'm Hungarian and oc speak English, but it would be nice to have our own version of sutitles.
And about the Czech subtitles...We don't need them... Seriously...Useless....In Hungary we don't speak Czech...

Forgive me if I were rude. I didn't want to hurt anyone's feelings.
Well, it sucks. I'm not entirely sure if this confirms that there will be no official translation to Hungarian. I was kind of certain that there will be so I'm slightly butthurt, too. Hell, the first game even came with Hungarian dubbing.

I understand worries about whole Cenega thing in terms of quality of Czech localization and package of the game/collector's edition, but don't worry. Recently, I got few informations from Cenega lead. They told me that Comgad is still creator of the Czech localization and Cenega is able to publish special package(s) of the game, not some crappy package, unworthy for The Witcher franchise. More info here (czech language only) http://www.zing.cz/novinky/20665/lokalizaci-zaklinace-3-by-mel-stale-obstarat-comgad-cenega-pocita-s-vydanim-nadstandardniho-baleni-hry

Edit: And speaking to Hungarian players above my post, I'm not sure how it works in Cenega in global meaning, but I'm almost sure that Cenega Czech isn't responsible for publishing the game in Hungary. If you have local Cenega office in Hungary, I believe it's their business. I can't imagine the situation when the game forces Hungarians to use Czech subtitles. This announcement is just informing that Czech version will contain Czech subtitles across all three platforms, nothing more, I don't see any rejection of possible Hungarian subtitles

Recently, I got few informations from Cenega lead. They told me that Comgad is still creator of the Czech localization and Cenega is able to publish special package(s) of the game, not some crappy package, unworthy for The Witcher franchise.
I'm so happy, i hope there will be some collectors editions avaliable in Slovakia,too.

Top Bottom