The Witcher 3 V4 Hotfix RT Good News/Bad News

+
Good news first... Ray Tracing now works with all toggles on and doesn't crash even with every setting enabled and set to Ultra+ at 1440p AMD FSR 2.1 Ultra Performance and Dynamic Resolution on.

Bad news? The frametimes are still a mess, AMD FSR 2.1 Ultra Performance and Dynamic Resolution doesn't seem to help the fps at all and the fps can't go past 30fps in White Orchard, at least with my current hardware specs at the moment.

PC specs down below if needed for further testing
  • AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT (stock)
  • AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT (stock)
  • 2x16GB RAM at 3466MHz CL16 (overclocked from 3200MHz CL16)
  • Smart Access Memory enabled in bios
  • Super Flower Leadex III ARGB 750W 80+ Gold PSU
  • Windows 11 Pro (22H2) on Crucial MX500 1TB SSD
  • The Witcher 3 Version 4.00_Hotfix was installed in drive C.
  • Played on GOG Galaxy version 2.0.55.99 (beta)
  • AMD driver Adrenalin 22.11.2 Recommended (WHQL)
  • AMD Chipset Drivers Revision Number 4.11.15.342
What's your experience so far with The Witch 3 V4 hotfix?

Attachments

• TW3 V4 DX12 1440P RT ULTRA+ AMD FSR 2 ULTRA PERFORMANCE DYNAMIC RESOLUTION .png
    TW3 V4 DX12 1440P RT ULTRA+ AMD FSR 2 ULTRA PERFORMANCE DYNAMIC RESOLUTION .png
    6.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
So what I noticed while waiting for the hotfix on pc is that I still have one issue that was not fixed by the last two hotfixes. After playing for a while I suddenly get a fps drop and fps go from 40 to 20 and even lower by the minute after that. I am playing on 3080 and i9, I noticed that a restart of the game and even going into the main menu and reloading the last save fixes this issue, it is still very annoying because altough before the hotfixes it happened after about 30min and now with the hotfixes I can play up to 1h without this weird fps drop, it completely cancels the flow while playing the game. It seems like something is overloading because as soon as I see the fps drop, I can also notice my gpu usage go from 90+ to constant 99%. I know this is going to be a hard issue to fix because it appears after such a long time of playing but I still hope that devs manage to fix it eventually

Top Bottom