The Witcher 3 VGX Trailer Analysis

+
The Witcher 3 VGX Trailer Analysis

So... that terrible IGN Rewind video, gave me an incentive to finally make a video on the topic of The Witcher. It's shameless self-promotion really, but really : ] My mike isn't that great, so pardon me the audio quality and the softness of my voice.

I want to make some other videos on the Witcher series in the future - mostly, "Why you should play The Witcher 1" and some basic plot-points for people who want to get into The Witcher, but never read the books. We'll see. The veterans of this forums and people really passionate about CDPR series probably will know everything already, but there are still people out there who don't.

Well... here is the LINK. I will gladly accept any critique and suggestions you might have.

Very good video analysis Luxorek. I was also disappointed with the rewind video made by IGN. It just seemed that they were ordered to do one, so they did the fast way they could. But yours turned to be excellent, very detailed. Expecting to see your next ones!

Way way waaaaaay better than that shitty IGN piece. I like it. Sounds like you've got the details on the world. You should make this a regular thing with every new trailer.

I'm still facepalming over the Frostbite engine remark in the IGN video...

A well organized presentation and you have good english. My only complaint is your mic. Look forward to future installments.

You could always embed it on the site you know.

I'm surprised you weren't blasted with a copyright strike from Viacom or whoever's in charge of the new terms of service/copyright law.

Out of curiosity also watched the one from IGN, god, that was plain retarded, FROSTBITE 3? Having no idea who Wild Hunt is, stopped the video there.

Good & insightful stuff. I like how you explain things based on books. The only thing to fix is your microphone, as Slim noticed. Keep it up!

Thanks everyone ! Nice to hear words of encouragment. My mic is from my Fata1ty headphones, pretty much only used in gaming. I will definitely experiment with the audio and try to eliminate the static, pops and such.

I will be doing more videos on the Witcher as I've said before, especially ones that should entice people to play the previous ones [everytime that TW3 gets mentioned on the major sites, someone asks if he should play TW1 or TW2).

I don't think I will get copyright strikes from this - I do not make money from videos, nor is CDPR known for things like that [the trailer bits comes from Gamersyde, meaning straight from CDPR itself].

Very well done, i have some minor different opinions and findings of the trailer though. You can read them on the free The Witcher 3 Fan App on android.
I may include some of this video in my next Witcher 3 Fan App News if I can.

Your english is better than mine and if you are concerned about the volume of your mic, you can also turn the volume of the trailer down, instead of turning the mic up, which can result in more noise.

Commentary too quiet compared to trailer so I had to constantly adjust volume. Too many story spoilers about the WH background for my taste. Other than that, great analysis. I particularly liked how you pointed out the differences to previous trailers.

TW3FanApp said:
I may include some of this video in my next Witcher 3 Fan App News if I can.

Your english is better than mine and if you are concerned about the volume of your mic, you can also turn the volume of the trailer down, instead of turning the mic up, which can result in more noise.

Of course, you can. Thanks for the advice - if I make any more videos I will be sure to test out your approach.

TW3FanApp said:
Commentary too quiet compared to trailer so I had to constantly adjust volume. Too many story spoilers about the WH background for my taste. Other than that, great analysis. I particularly liked how you pointed out the differences to previous trailers.

Thanks ! It's my first "real" video, not to mention that my PowerDirector 11 skills are quite rusty. I figured out how to get rid of the noise in the recordings and how to adjust volume of the source material, so next time it shoudn't be a problem. Thanks again !

I kinda missed the severed hand in the first combat sequence. It's really a nice touch, I hope they have more such stuff, it would be awesome if all monsters/humans can have such animations. :)

The thing I was really excited when first watching the trailer, was when the Aard sign made things fly in all directions. This is the kind of interactivity that I've been waiting for. That's one of the things that I really like in BF4 for example, the destruction. It contributes for a more believable world and it's pretty awesome. :)

Naah, it's far from brilliant, but we all start from scratch at something. Thanks for the kind words and for all the likes and subscribes : )

Keep it up, nice video. You could use new mic, there is some static noise in the background. Also you got little emotional at 5:11. You have big potential. ;)

Top Bottom