The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice though to have a RED respond here with some kind of explanation on the graphics matter.
It's the silence that i hate not the downgrade. I can live with a game that doesn't look 10x times better because current PCs can't handle it, but i can't accept the fact that no one seems to care enough to respond to use about the matter.

On some issues they talked about it like why the wolf looks bad? because of not having hairworks on. Why does this texture looks horrible? because it was bugged. Is there going to be any downgrade? no. But all those were from a long time ago and an update on the matter would be surely appreciated so close to the release date.

they have responded, even said we should be able to reproduce vgx quality. Whether that's a bullpost we can't know until the game is released. However, we've seen ultra on older builds such as angry joes ultra gameplay and some other euro youtuber and it looked exactly the same as ps4 leaked twitch footage I watched yesterday. Nowhere freaking near vgx quality.

Last edited:
RED, please respond to these criticisms. Have a representative put our concerns to rest or at least give us the facts. Please.

Moderator: This time I am stating this as a moderator, and it is an order. Do not badger the developers. They are under no obligation to respond, and given the venom disingenuously posted in the name of "concerns" that has been thrown at them in this thread, the idea that they would respond is a nonstarter.

How about we wait for the game?

I honestly mean it. Not as a banal way to brush off the discussion because it's uncomfortable. There are just too many things we don't know. What build is what, what was fixed, what will the day 1 patch include, etc. What do we gain by echoing the same concerns over, and over, and over, (and over and over and over and over and over and over...)? All it serves at this stage, the way I see it, is to poison the community and make this a site that is simply not fun to browse anymore. It surely won't gain neither a reply nor a change from CDPR at this point. If you believe otherwise, I'm not sure why.

If we just drop it for the remaining 9 days and look forward to the game, flaws and all, we won't lose anything. Really.

Look at it this way: if at May 19 we find out that that Novigrad wall is just some blunder from Nvidia, all of these hundreds of comments about it that just sucked the joy out of this place would have been over nothing. If we find out that it's been downgraded from the E3 2014 demo, then we can come back here, with actual proof, and be justified in our disappointment. Which is no longer hypothetical. And if you'll counter by saying that if we post about it, CDPR will change it - well, I'm pretty sure they get the point by now.

Meanwhile we're just amplifying our anxieties by making this place as close to a digital echo chamber I've ever seen.

If at May 19 it looks bad, I'll join you guys here in voicing my disappointment and confusion. Pinky swear. I have my own brow quirked about some visual stuff (it's not that I think that wall and the grass clipping through the boulder look good compared to the 35 min). Meanwhile, I really think we should just let it go. All I'm seeing here are people that are helping each other lessen their anticipation of a game due to some faults we aren't even sure of yet.

Moderator: Posts disputing a direct order by a moderator will be deleted without further notice. Demanding any response from the developers has been stated to be out of order and is out of order. Repeatedly making such posts may also result in losing the privilege to make any posts at all.

Now if the settings are lackluster and you can't even change draw distance well i'll join the pissed off bandwagon :p

I think that it was confirmed draw distance would be nonadjustable. I could be mistaken though since I tried to find the exact quote from one of the CDPR guys from awhile back but couldn't. Maybe someone else here will have better luck finding it for you. Sorry.

I did find this though.

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-dev-talks-water-effects-draw-distance/

I wonder if the mods are going to be under damage control orders on may 19th if our fears of severe parity actually happen. That's going to reflect on cdpr itself if they are trying to quiet people, nobody likes a communistic forum.

I'm not expecting anything to change around here on the 19th to be honest. All the "wait for release" posts are an attempt to keep things settled for the moment, again highly assuming something bad happens on the 19th.... its going to make this current thread look like a sunny walk in the park.

There's gonna be riots in the streets! Lol no, but this forum is gonna take a dive to apocalyptic levels.

I think that it was confirmed draw distance would be nonadjustable. I could be mistaken though since I tried to find the exact quote from one of the CDPR guys from awhile back but couldn't. Maybe someone else here will have better luck finding it for you. Sorry.

I did find this though.

http://wccftech.com/witcher-3-dev-talks-water-effects-draw-distance/

I knew about the draw distance but i believe it will probably be adjustable in some config file or something.

Attachments

• tled.jpg
    tled.jpg
    225.7 KB · Views: 46
  • Unted.jpg
    Unted.jpg
    193.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Untit.jpg
    Untit.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 68
  • Untitle23d.jpg
    Untitle23d.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
I had to register myself...

Why PC players cry about graphic when they will get graphic modes in like two weeks?...oh boy...
I dont see any console player moaning about graphic.

Also why do you even care about graphic? I mean, i have pc which is able to run witcher on high/ultra but im using it for work so i will get PS4 version instead.
Few people here seems like care only about graphic...I assume you are under 20...because i dont know any guys who care about graphic that much over 20.

For me, it's not the graphics per se, it's the changes in assets and visual style which I find worrying. Like that Novigrad comparison. It affects immersion and atmosphere. Hell, I'd rather play with the VGX / SoD assets at medium settings than the current assets at Ultra.

Last edited:
Seems people are talking about draw distance too as of late. I'll have to defend it:

And yes, in the trailer you can see the pop-in, so it's not artificially increased. I think what's been presented on this thread is simply covered in fog, not decreased LOD.

I have no issues with the draw distance itself meaning i don't think it's low or something like that but having the ability to change it is always a nice feature.

I wonder if the mods are going to be under damage control orders on may 19th if our fears of severe parity actually happen. That's going to reflect on cdpr itself if they are trying to quiet people, nobody likes a communistic forum.

I'm not expecting anything to change around here on the 19th to be honest. All the "wait for release" posts are an attempt to keep things settled for the moment, again highly assuming something bad happens on the 19th.... its going to make this current thread look like a sunny walk in the park.

There's gonna be riots in the streets! Lol no, but this forum is gonna take a dive to apocalyptic levels.

The mods should have reacted sooner, because on every page there's a brand new user asking the same "thing" and that repeats itself again and again. It gets old very fast.
Those people should just read the thread back and get their answers instead of crapping all over this thread or creating countless others for the same thing.

Also the vocal few that demand answers on behalf of every PC gamer should just wait for the game to release. CDPR have no obligation to them to answer, especially when they attack them in such a manner.

If it were that simple, they would probably have made a slider in the options.

Dunno, Starcraft 2 still require ini tweaks to use multi core CPUs. Maybe it's a technical limitation of sorts, though really, it ought to have multiple DLLs (they said draw distance is registered on a single file, hence no slider) for more LOD options; you know, you have 5 and tell the launcher witch to read. I don't think the programming of a pro-modding engine would so backwards as to not allow that.

What I am not seeing, is the overpowering commercial imperative to impose parity.

PC's are scalable by nature, the engine clearly is also scalable up to the best of any footage we've seen. Surely sequestering the very best settings (ones that might even exceed the best existing rigs of 2015) into a very clearly labeled configuration menu is enough, and there's no reason to remove it entirely?

In order to not even do that, one would have to believe that the users of any platform that receives sub-par graphics, on the moment of seeing superior graphics that more powerful platforms get to enjoy, is going to be so upset and spread such bad word of mouth or withhold their purchase that they can't possibly risk letting them see it, believing such negativity would exceed even the negative PR that the alternative of imposing parity would cause.

But does anyone really believe that? Do they? Maybe PC gamers like myself really do overrate our importance to the market. Someone said earlier that there is a shift over to pc platform, but people have been predicting things like that for over a decade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom