The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
its true... the witcher 2 forest area in act 2 looks superior to anything I've seen in terms of foliage compared to the witcher 3. Sad but true.

some what true :/. in the witcher 2 grass doesn't react to the character or the wind though. also some of the foliage in the 35 min demo was great, especially in the swamp (though we cant expect it to look exactly like that anymore).

The downgrade is a horse that has been beaten for far too long. We already know it was downgraded, and why, and that we can probably match what we saw before via mods, but it still pains me that CDPR would go through with it. No point bringing it up anymore. It'll still look good upon release, better post-mods, and the game, gameplay/story etc. wise should be amazing.

Visually Witcher 3 looks quite a bit worse than Witcher 2 but better than Witcher 1. Witcher 2 was designed with the PC as the main target, so of course, in terms of visuals it will always be superior to Witcher 3 .

I am just going to say thank you for this thread. I pre ordered the collectors edition the very first day you could and have been waiting for the end of this story since I ever touched the original Witcher so my hype level is ridiculously high. I am going to LOVE the story/gameplay I can already tell.

However this thread is going to make me love it even more because it is bringing down my hype level just a bit so when I actually get to jump into it I am for sure going to be more amazed than I would have been thinking it was the holy grail.

PS: I think the game looks great and you guys should feel bad. lol. I agree, it doesn't look quite as good as it did but it still looks amazing I mean c'mon lol.

Sugar coat it all you want, be, blinded and jaded. The game was downgraded because the xbox could\nt run it feature heavy. There is only 1 version of the game made so it has to run on 3 platforms. Consols removed all the feature that the trailers and amazing grx for us.. it was running and still could but we will never get any of those features while parity and consols hold the PC back. CD turned their back on the PC and ushered in more money from the sofa crowd. I have lost all respect for one of the best devs ever. might as well buy on consols as its 99.9999% the same. Utterly gutted all the trailers have been bullshots.. followed this gamesince day 1 announcement..

I now have zero excitement.. as i wanted the trailer experience.

You have zero excitement but still come here to bash the devs occasionally ? love/hate relationship ? it would be ideal if you use this thread as a platform to convey your concerns to the devs, it's very unlikely that after 200 pages they haven't noticed it but man the way you're treating the matter is going to make it worse. Pretty much all of us don't like few things or when we play it we won't find everything satisfactory so it's good to mention those things here and then move along, find better words or new points to convey your message.

Graphics are important for all of us but not important enough to disregard the entire game, insult devs and other platforms. Fanboys are funny but haters are downright unbearable.

Damn tw3 grass looks so bad lol, compared to even tw2.

yeah, fuck real life downgrade

Attachments

• 71137207.jpg
    71137207.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 32
Again these console bashers! Why wont moderator delete these posts?! Go watch arkham knight PS4 footage! Multiplattform title. Looks almost real life. huge open world with seamless chance from cutscene to gameplay. This is pathetic. game isnt even out yet. Iwe seen trashy youtube videos complainig W3 downgrade because "consoles" Its retarded. Consoles dont have cellphone processors u know..

Again these console bashers! Why wont moderator delete these posts?! Go watch arkham knight PS4 footage! Multiplattform title. Looks almost real life. huge open world with seamless chance from cutscene to gameplay. This is pathetic. game isnt even out yet. Iwe seen trashy youtube videos complainig W3 downgrade because "consoles" Its retarded. Consoles dont have cellphone processors u know..

probably because it's their opinion. it's not necessarily hateful or anything, and we don't have any core evidence/reasons to say that it is completely untrue. you may think so, but this person who posted obviously disagrees and has their reasons for it.
what does a real-life image have to do with the witcher 3's grass/foliage looking like shit compared to tw2 .... ?

i actually think this grass picture looks very much like the one that people were saying needed some AO. I mean, going back to that image...

they do look kinda similar. i agree the top image could do with some AO, but I also agree that these two images are pretty comparable.

It's a fact at this point regarding why this has happened. There's nothing "retarded" about it. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it any less untrue.

Also your crappy console may as well have a cellphone processor compared to modern pc's... cpu power in these "next-gen" consoles is like 1.5ghz or something ridiculously laughable.

---------- Updated at 07:28 AM ----------

probably because it's their opinion. it's not necessarily hateful or anything, and we don't have any core evidence/reasons to say that it is completely untrue. you may think so, but this person who posted obviously disagrees and has their reasons for it.

i actually think this grass picture looks very much like the one that people were saying needed some AO. I mean, going back to that image...

they do look kinda similar. i agree the top image could do with some AO, but I also agree that these two images are pretty comparable.

if the grass is that tall, numerous, and thin, you can't see the ground at all so ao is pointless. The reason they have AO is exactly for situations like that witcher 3 image.

There are no shadows during peak daytime hours on grass, but look at any short grass image in real life, it has an AO-like affect where it meets the ground.

Point: http://www.gardenvisit.com/uploads/image/image/128/12895/long_short_grass_original.jpg

On shorter grass, it makes the ground under it darker, which is basically what AO does. Sadly there is no AO in the witcher 3 image and AO doesn't really impact performance that much. There's no reason it shouldn't be there and it looks strange without it.

Last edited:
Yeah they wanted to make the game for all players (pc first , ps4 and xone) since they are so honest and humble people at cd projekt red
They showed pc footage and wanted to show us how good our witcher will look but promised more than they could and the production of consoles
with pc was already too much for cd projekt red. The World is bigger too then anything we have played so far. Then came the guy from reddit? and said
it will be downgraded and the trailers showed more sceptisism and what we got? a downgrade because the production was already too much for such a small
company. Witcher 2 was a great game but they nearly went out of money and this time with witcher 3 they got this giant big game but it was already too much.
They have a big fear i guess and are just to scary to say YES WE HAD TO DOWNGRADE that. I can't be angry with them because the game looks great and
it's all about geralts story so now everyone can play that. They just went the wrong way with that. They should do witcher 1 and witcher 2 for xone and ps4 and
another production team only for pc. That we had to wait longer but the game would be more visually super. But hey the game will be great so can't you juststop with
this. You are like a whiny little baby. This is a company, their families need money for food and maybe a swimming pool but stop deaming that witcher is only for pc.

What all this talk about the story vs. visuals ? If I wanted a good story I would read a book. I was going to play Witcher 3 only because of visuals, because I would get to see amazingly beautiful places. Not because of some boring story written with 14 years old boys in mind.

What all this talk about the story vs. visuals ? If I wanted a good story I would read a book. I was going to play Witcher 3 only because of visuals, because I would get to see amazingly beautiful places. Not because of some boring story written with 14 years old boys in mind.

don't be angry and i don't know if your post is ironic but in tv there are far more beautiful places...here in germany there is a channel i think "sonnenklar tv" or something like that... you can see nice pools and places if you want to make holiday..for me witcher is all about the monster hunter and the people who think they can get away with their bad habits

Im pretty god damn sure the grass is gonna look atleast that good even on consoles. geez guys.its 2015. All the promo and trailers seems to be from diffrent builds and stuff. just wait and see. The game is gonna look suberb.

the grass looks great for such a small company like cd projekt red

just don't kill them because of the grass lol

Nobody is upset that the game looks like it does. People are upset that it was promised to look in a certain way and it obviously doesn't anymore. And to be honest I'm mostly upset about CD Projekt denying there's any difference between the early footage and 2014/2015 material. Which looks pretty obvious, if you compare some screenshots (that famous wall corner probably being the most eye-catching).

Some people forget that CDPR is a small company, and they do not have Rockstar budget, but i think they like bash the game for little details (like grass) that can be modded in the future...

Nobody is upset that the game looks like it does. People are upset that it was promised to look in a certain way and it obviously doesn't anymore. And to be honest I'm mostly upset about CD Projekt denying there's any difference between the early footage and 2014/2015 material. Which looks pretty obvious, if you compare some screenshots (that famous wall corner probably being the most eye-catching).

but they are just too scared they will die if they don't deny that and players will get angry because they badmouthed ubisoft and downgraded themselves

Some people forget that CDPR is a small company, and they do not have Rockstar budget, but i think they like bash the game for little details (like grass) that can be modded in the future...

ambient occlusion is hardly a big budget option though. It has been around for a long time.

We should be able to force it with enb or sweetfx on pc if its not an option. It definitely isn't a console feature, that much I can verify. Console gameplay has zero ambient occlusion on foliage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom