The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I saw some new screenshots posted by Nvidia and one of them caught my eye.
Some pretty odd changes from the 35 minutes demo to this. Really makes me wonder what the hell happened?

Before:

After:

WoW what a fucking difference what happened there?

Just wait for the game to come out guys, over analyzing everything is bad for your health! Gotta keep up your stamina for the 12hour sessions!!! hahaha :hai:

I think those new nvidia shots have to be a lot lower than ultra settings that's for sure, they all 3 look bad.

This.

I doubt that they'll actually answer the question, but at least they'll know that people are concerned about the graphics. The developers always seem to stay away from the downgrade talk, and people will eventually find out the truth once the game releases. We need an explanation on why The Witcher 3 on ultra can't reach VGX levels of visual fidelity.

By the way, it's not just things like forward soft lit particles that are missing, it seems like they changed a lot of things like: lighting, water, shaders, textures, semi-volumetric clouds, light sources, subsurface scattering are either gone or are different now.

Looks at Sony.. And m$ we know why... parity. CD have already said they only make 1 version of the game. We got nurfed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_dvkGwwny0

Ps4 gameplay. What i noticed. The Igni particles are low and less dynamic. But what is interesting Geralt's default hair is more dynamic than what we saw from Youtuber's videos on PC. What build was that? Final or same with youtubers's? Can not see any difference. May be because of quality of video.

EDIT: May be i am wrong about hair.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I guess that confirms that CDPR themself are not allowed to release or cause footage that looks better than console, atleast before release.

I guess that confirms that CDPR themself are not allowed to release or cause footage that looks better than console, atleast before release.

Because there is no such footage. We have seen all the settings pushed to the max in one of those German vids.

Apart from gimmicks like Hairworks and mandatory framerate/resolution, the game looks identical on consoles. You think you gonna have a nice texture on that wall of Novigrad on PC? Think again. The parity is now undenialably real.

Last edited:
Because there is no such sootage. We have seen all the settings pushed to the max in one of those German vids.

Apart from gimmicks like Hairworks and mandatory framerate/resolution, the game looks identical on consoles. You think you gonna have a nice texture on that wall of Novigrad on PC? Think again. The parity is now undenialably real.

Maybe they didn't want to show the console versions because of the visual parity between the PC, PS4 and Xbox?

This looks really well for a console :) Only 2 issues - 1. no effect on water of both Aard and barell explosion. "Red latex catsuit" effect after slicing someone in half, that was visible couple of times in earlier videos is still there but i don't know if it's the same build of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom