The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
"rumours" Thats exactly what they are. It is so ridicilous to even think that CDPR would actually downgrade the PC version just so that they can make it identical or close to console versions. I mean why? Every console owner knows that PC is ultimatum in raw power graphics etc. Im starting to think that maybe it should be like that. To devote more time on console optimations just because maybe console copies sell more?? This war between PC and consoles its just pathetic.
It is pathetic and its been going on for a long time. But still sometimes rumors are half truths too. I'm still supporting cdpr my preorder for almost a year now because I believe they will deliver. But my faith has been abit shaken from these rumors :)

"rumours" Thats exactly what they are. It is so ridicilous to even think that CDPR would actually downgrade the PC version just so that they can make it identical or close to console versions. I mean why? Every console owner knows that PC is ultimatum in raw power graphics etc. Im starting to think that maybe it should be like that. To devote more time on console optimations just because maybe console copies sell more?? This war between PC and consoles its just pathetic.

Because it's in Sony and Microsoft's interest? Here's a quote from a developer on "The Division"

We really loved the reception to the demo we showed on the PC version at E3. Currently as it stands, there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC. This is probably what happened at Ubisoft Montreal.
Source: http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

CDPR seems to have some sort of deal with Microsoft seeing as they got the physical cards, E3 demo, and a fair bit of promotion for the XBONE version. It's not out of the question, although I'd like to be wrong.

After the release of the game I expect a huge backlash from the PC community and it will seriously dent our trust in CDPR. I hope they understand this.

Please sir look at this and tell me there wasnt a downgrade

Before:

After:

We already know that effects like volumetric fog have been removed. Volumetric fog would require Nvidia PhysX.

Do you have a source for that? The only information I've seen about this was regarding the volumetric rendering of clouds and their shadows, whose simulation aren't as accurate as José wished them to be it. Most renderings of participating medias in recent years have been tricks so there's no real surprise there. Then there's the matter of the 2013/nvidia vid stuff for which we haven't heard a quip since. This is the worrisome one and CDPR has been tight lipped about it. I'm speculating that they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, we'll know for sure at release.

Regarding the tessellation, it's in but the game's maps are about a hundred times wider on each edge. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34169-The-Witcher-3-Visuals?p=1634238&viewfull=1#post1634238 for more info.

Last edited:
Because it's in Sony and Microsoft's interest? Here's a quote from a developer on "The Division"

Source: http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

CDPR seems to have some sort of deal with Microsoft seeing as they got the physical cards, E3 demo, and a fair bit of promotion for the XBONE version. It's not out of the question, although I'd like to be wrong.

People really need to get over this meaningless marketing deal with Microsoft. They also have a marketing deal with Nvidia. They have a signed marketing deals with WB, Namco, and other distributors.

Please sir look at this and tell me there wasnt a downgrade

Before:

After:

Yes the lower picture looks a lot worse. But im not gonna start argue. Maybe the whole PC vs console conspiracy is true and im wrong.
I dont have problem admitting that. But first im gonna see the final product.
I mean the fact is we havent seen the release build..

People really need to get over this meaningless marketing deal with Microsoft. They also have a marketing deal with Nvidia. They have a signed marketing deals with WB, Namco, and other distributors.

It isn't exactly meaningless. Nvidia having deals with certain games can lead to AMD cards running games very poorly. WB and Namco are just publishers to distribute physical copies, whatever. Microsoft owns the Xbox brand and they would certainly have a vested interest in, say, making the PC version not look too much better than on their console.

I remember the Devs saying explicitly that they were holding back showing ultra pc settings so that we were all "wowed" at release.
chances are we are seeing deliberately downgraded material so that the promotional stuff is relatively on a par across consoles and pc.

i for one will await the pc release until I make any judgements.

I will just say that The Witcher 3 looks absolutely stunning from what I have seen.
Unbelievably beautiful open world with great details. I especially like how the trees move in the wind.

I can see the developers have really worked hard on this, it just looks really good.
And every day I look forward to the day I can experience this world you have created, thank you!

I remember the Devs saying explicitly that they were holding back showing ultra pc settings so that we were all "wowed" at release.
chances are we are seeing deliberately downgraded material so that the promotional stuff is relatively on a par across consoles and pc.

This is total nonsense. Which game in history ever looked better upon release than in promo shots?

Not true, for a while they said Ultra wasn't being shown because it wasn't well optimized at that point. We've seen the ultra settings in all those gameplay videos that came out recently.

This is total nonsense. Which game in history ever looked better upon release than in promo shots?

witcher 2?

Last edited:
Do you have a source for that? The only information I've seen about this was regarding the volumetric rendering of clouds and their shadows, whose simulation aren't as accurate as José wished them to be it. Most renderings of participating medias in recent years have been tricks so there's no real surprise there. Then there's the matter of the 2013/nvidia vid stuff for which we haven't heard a quip of since. This is the worrisome one and CDPR has been tight lipped about it. I'm speculating that they are stuck between a rock and a hard place, we'll know for sure at release.

Regarding the tessellation, it's in but the game's maps are about a hundred times wider on each edge. http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34169-The-Witcher-3-Visuals?p=1634238&viewfull=1#post1634238 for more info.

I've checked and it was semi-volumetric rendering of clouds that was removed. With regards to the fog, there seems to be conflicting information regarding what was originally meant to be in the game. I have heard some people talk about semi-volumetric fog and other talk about aerial perspective fog. I was referring to volumetric fog and PhysX as I know that Metro Last Light used PhysX to render real-time fog volumes. I think the problem here is a lack of communication as you mentioned. Hopefully there will be an Nvidia graphics breakdown when the game is released.

I want to mention that I didn't like the werwolf from the last video gameplay.
Promo shoot on website.

recent gameplay

I know it's hard to compare but those promo screens were ment to be as in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom