The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't exactly meaningless. Nvidia having deals with certain games can lead to AMD cards running games very poorly. WB and Namco are just publishers to distribute physical copies, whatever. Microsoft owns the Xbox brand and they would certainly have a vested interest in, say, making the PC version not look too much better than on their console.

Unless you have some evidence that Microsoft forced CDPR to tamper with any other version of the game it is absolutely baseless and meaningless speculation. MS having a invested interest in something and that something actually ever happening are two entirely separate circumstances.

I've checked and it was semi-volumetric rendering of clouds that was removed. With regards to the fog, there seems to be conflicting information regarding what was originally meant to be in the game. I have heard some people talk about semi-volumetric fog and other talk about aerial perspective fog. I was referring to volumetric fog and PhysX as I know that Metro Last Light used PhysX to render real-time fog volumes. I think the problem here is a lack of communication as you mentioned. Hopefully there will be an Nvidia graphics breakdown when the game is released.

I don't remember seeing anything anywhere about volumetric fog, I believe stuff like the fog in the swamp was a dense variant of aerial perspective fog. Also, the semi-volumetric clouds appear to be still in the game, they are just dependent on weather conditions - which I know sounds bullshit, but is actually true. The closest thing to Metro's particles (if you were referring to this, apologies if I am mistaken) are the lit soft particles, which are not really rocket science. The thing is that none of the effects in the nvidia video are nvidia-exclusive effects. It seemed to me that this was more of a branded rendering breakdown. For example, screen-space reflexions aren't something that I can imagine being nvidia/gameworks.

I should clarify that I actually hope most of these aren't. Most gameworks effects are far, far from optimized and tend to tank the framerate hard.

Finally, I completely agree with you that at the end of the day, this is an issue of communication. I hope that we'll know more after release as you said.

Last edited:
Unless you have some evidence that Microsoft forced CDPR to tamper with any other version of the game it is absolutely baseless and meaningless speculation. MS having a invested interest in something and that something actually ever happening are two entirely separate circumstances.
Speculation, yes, but not meaningless or baseless. Similar things have happened to other games. We know the game looks worse now than it did in earlier builds and we know Microsoft has a rather extensive deal with CDPR. I hardly think it's out of the question.

people exaggerating a bit? Game looks nice, lighting seems nice (remember skyrim?), textures look good, water aswell.

Heck, the game is huge. You might even find shitty textures and clipping if you are looking for it. I don't care. Story> World Design > Combat > Visuals
I think people are more concerned about how the game looks worse now than it did a year ago in an unfinished build.

Im couple beers down and feel like babbling. So.. I really feel you PC guys having spent maybe $2000 on a gaming rig. And maybe feel like ure not gettin most out of ure hardware. But waht i dont "feel" its allways console owners whos to blame. I mean this game is best open world RPG on the market, at leasts visually. And u havent even seen it on youre PC yet?? And all this HATE! already. Reason why i dont get a gaming PC is cause there isnt a game That would justify, in my opinion buying a maybe $600 graphics card and 50" led monitor. I mean the game should look like order 1886. Run at 4k or more. Huge open sandbox with full physics. and more. None of the todays games comes even close to that what i would want if id build a good gamin rig.. And i do totally "get it" if its your hobby and u want horsepower and all that.
But again. im pretty sure its not console peasants to blame.
I mean why isnt there a PC exlusive title that would absolutely rock the world and you would need a PC that dims the light in your living room Once u start playing.
Im pretty sure there would be deveplobers to just make that game if there was a market..

Speculation, yes, but not meaningless or baseless. Similar things have happened to other games. We know the game looks worse now than it did in earlier builds and we know Microsoft has a rather extensive deal with CDPR. I hardly think it's out of the question.

If its not baseless then show some actual proof? If you have no proof then it is completely meaningless.

We know the game looks worse now than it did in earlier builds and we know Microsoft has a rather extensive deal with CDPR

If CDPR "downgraded" the game to please microsoft, why would PS4 look slightly better than XBox One, which is what most game reviews have said. PC >> PS4 > XBox One as far as graphics are concerned. That has been the general consensus I have heard. Your accusation (that any downgrade is based on a "deal with the devil" so to speak) is complete speculation without factual support. Furthermore it is completely illogical based on the evidence we do have.

Well GTA5 for one, which had better parallax occlusion, better draw distance, better dynamic shadows, better weather effects, better physics, sharper textures

Not to mention blood that is blood

So, the most expansive game of all time "might" have better graphics?!

And btw. the textures in GTA are not better form what I have seen from the Witcher 3 at this point. I play it on the highest texture settings (GTA V that is) and specially some of the clothing looks horrible. Most NPCs in GTA also look pretty bad and don't have many details.

If its not baseless then show some actual proof? If you have no proof then it is completely meaningless.

spec·u·la·tion
/ˌspekyəˈlāSH(ə)n/

noun

noun: speculation; plural noun: speculations

the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence

Look at these entitled whiners! How dare they expect what they were promised when they pre-ordered this game!

If CDPR "downgraded" the game to please microsoft, why would PS4 look slightly better than XBox One, which is what most game reviews have said. PC >> PS4 > XBox One as far as graphics are concerned. That has been the general consensus I have heard. Your accusation (that any downgrade is based on a "deal with the devil" so to speak) is complete speculation without factual support. Furthermore it is completely illogical based on the evidence we do have.

Because it's common knowledge that the Xbone isn't as powerful as the PS4. Both consoles have similar architecture now, unlike last gen, so there aren't many cases of multiplats looking better on Xbox any more. This is more to do with dragging down the capabilities of the PC version so the difference between it and the consoles is minimized. See: http://whatifgaming.com/the-division-developer-insider-we-already-downgraded-a-few-things

We really loved the reception to the demo we showed on the PC version at E3. Currently as it stands, there is definitely a lot of push coming from publishers to not make the experience so different on consoles as to alienate people into thinking that next generation is not as powerful as PC. This is probably what happened at Ubisoft Montreal.

This is total nonsense. Which game in history ever looked better upon release than in promo shots?
Quite a few actually...
but its a qoute direct from a developer video, in fact I believe it was the 35min gameplay one where he clearly states that the ultra settings were being held back. Now that's a little while ago now and no ive not read through all the items here religiously, but I will still wait and see for myself. If it has had to be downgraded, then whilst that is a shame, I shall certainly be mostly focussed on the story anyway.

No? They're speculation, yes. They are not baseless. Also seems pretty relevant to the conversation on visuals in this thread.

Ah, so you don't understand why making up conspiracy theories with no evidence adds nothing to a proper discussion. Carry on.

Seeing that the conversation is getting a bit heated, I'd like to remind everyone to read the forum rules, specifically the parts about ridiculing others and posting in a civil manner, before continuing to post here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom