The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone on facebook asked about the water effect in this scene.

The CDP guy responsible for the german facebook page answered that it's currently not in the game, but it's a bug and will come back.

Lol @ how like 2 or three different REDs have been snooping around this thread for the past 3 hours.

They better compile an HD texture pack or ubersampling option or something.

Jesus..what happened to making options for PC rigs in the FUTURE, like Witcher 2?

Ubersampling will be available. But just so you know - it's just a very crude method of AA, so it's nothing miraculous (just like Witcher 2).

Guys, I doubt that I single image of a WALL is representative of the game's graphics. So what if the edges changed? Notice how so many other things improved? These things like blood and splashes are bugs.

I would have liked the difference between PC and console to be larger, but let's try to wait until release and stay positive!

We've come a long road since 2013! We are almost there!!

Guys, I doubt that I single image of a WALL is representative of the game's graphics. So what if the edges changed? Notice how so many other things improved? These things like blood and splashes are bugs.

I would have liked the difference between PC and console to be larger, but let's try to wait until release and stay positive!

There is a lot more wrong than just the wall. Take a look back in this thread, there is a shot showing all the cutbacks. The fact they were so easily spotted here, means these are most certainly not the only ones.

What has improved? Blood effects are pretty much gone for some unknown reason, the grass doesn't cast any shadows, the draw distance has decreased, some of the water effects have disappeared, and the lighting is worse all around.

And what excuse is there to make that wall and those rocks look worse? Especially at the entrance to the biggest city of the game. I doubt it's game-breaking stuff.

Well I think the draw distance is better, the foliage in general is better and more reactive, the interior lighting is better (although still not very good), the water reflections are better

It's just that...is difficult to understand the reason to "downgrade" something if it works.
It's not only the wall...just look the grass...clipping is horrible, but there wasn't this problem in the 35 minutes demo.

---------- Updated at 07:27 PM ----------

Yeah, it was Nvidia showing off their exclusive effects in game.

Very few exclusive effects.
Hairworks? Ok.
Physx? All games today are physx SDK based. And the lack of volumetric fog is...well, sad. AC Black Flag has it. Batman Arkham series has it.
HBAO+? Nice, but it doesn't effect the grass.

Enough? Just this? Where is PCSS? TXAA? Tessellation?

It's just that...is difficult to understand the reason to "downgrade" something if it works.

True. The biggest issue I see is the lack of parallax mapping and tessellation as you guys were stalking about.

But I would assume these sorts of things can be modded, right?

I mean look at this person's skyrim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54olCbJu2Ec

It has got to be the best looking skyrim I have ever seen. All the other ENBs look kinda weird IMO but this one, with all the texture mods, makes it look like a completely different game.

Yes CDPR did "downgraded" things that work only to anny they clients. Or some conspiracy.
Maybe it didn't worked as intended. Or it is still there or whatever. Recent stream looked ok.

the foliage in general is better and more reactiver

Is it?
Look at the bush in front of Geralt.

And now look at the bush at his right.

Maybe I'm going mad, but I don't see any improvement,

---------- Updated at 07:33 PM ----------

True. The biggest issue I see is the lack of parallax mapping and tessellation as you guys were stalking about.

But I would assume these sorts of things can be modded, right?

I mean look at this person's skyrim: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54olCbJu2Ec

It has got to be the best looking skyrim I have ever seen. All the other ENBs look kinda weird IMO but this one, with all the texture mods, makes it look like a completely different game.

Yeah, but modding is just a consolation prize.

Is it?
Look at the bush in front of Geralt.

And now look at the bush at his right.

Maybe I'm going mad, but I don't see any improvement,
That is such an old build though.

Damn, I don't want to downright disagree with you guys, because you have points, but I also hate to think of the community breaking down this close to release!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom