The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel a sorry for @GingerEffect who have put his heart and his soul into this game together with the rest of the team at CDPR and then having to sit here and read this thread and with all its negativity.

This. It must be very frustrating. I'm disheartened by it

If you think it's just the color scheme that was changed then you need to take a LONG look at the pictures in this thread. Almost all the assets have been affected.

and such? you need to read everything not just want you want to see... Yes I know about that thread. Some stuff I agree with some I don't... That doesn't change the fact this was known well before now and never was it said you'd need two 980s unless you were doing 4K etc... (Which is only reason why you'd need two regardless of how it looks.)

@Valvatti87 LOL

---------- Updated at 08:09 PM ----------

I feel a sorry for @GingerEffect who have put his heart and his soul into this game together with the rest of the team at CDPR and then having to sit here and read this thread and with all its negativity.

Then put the features back in that were shown for PC, tough if the consols cant run it. Give us the visuals shown in the trailers.

My single biggest grievance is with those who operate under the misguided notion that developers should cater solely to the PC platform
That what graphic options are for, you can turn things off for consoles and then enable them for higher end PCs. No need to not put in features just because a console can't handle it. You'll still be selling to all those console players regardless...

My single biggest grievance is with those who operate under the misguided notion that developers should cater solely to the PC platform, even if doing so would alienate a significant user base. Developers seldom favor self-entitled skinflints who pay the bare minimum for a CD key. It's all about mass appeal, and not catering to the exceptional few. They aren't going to invest heavily in the enthusiast crowd.

I'd like to see Digital Foundry's comparison, especially if their recent GTA V analysis is anything to go by. The PS4 fared surprisingly well!

I'm afraid that by way of your broad-stroking of the PC gaming community, you fail to see the point we are making. Nobody is asking for the game to be catering to PC. We only want to understand why old effects that were showcased two years ago aren't available as options on the PC platform as a way to scale up graphics while moore's law does its thing. It's not about the exclusive development for the PC platform of new effects but about the conservation of old effects that might or might not be able to make it on console for performance reasons.

This video has been linked to death, but it helps understand the breakdown of some effect that I believe are missing from the current build of the game : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g.

Edit : http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/34169-The-Witcher-3-Visuals?p=1629567#post1629567 for more details.

Last edited:
Gah...gah...just a few more days

Yeah I know either TW3 will look far better in person than those awful YT format and the forum will calm down or... a lot of "I told you" messages. (Though how some people see things it could look exactly like SOD/VGX and we still get the later haha) I'll enjoy TW3 either way myself.

That doesn't mean they should reduce the quality on PC just so that console users realize that paying less for your system gives you less graphical fidelity.

Yeah I know either TW3 will look far better in person than those awful YT format and the forum will calm down or... a lot of "I told you" messages. (Though how some people see things it could look exactly like SOD/VGX and we still get the later haha) I'll enjoy TW3 either way myself.

SoD is totally in reach. VGX isn't but SoD is the same "style".

I'm afraid that by way of your broad-stroking of the PC gaming community, you fail to see the point we are making. Nobody is asking for the game to be catering to PC. We only want to understand why old effects that were showcased two years ago aren't available as options on the PC platform as a way to scale up graphics while moore's law does its thing. It's not about the exclusive development for the PC platform of new effects but about the conservation of old effects that might or might not be able to make it on console for performance reasons.

This video has been linked to death, but it helps understand the breakdown of some effect that I believe are missing from the current build of the game : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SpPqXdzl7g.

Perhaps is because I'm old and life hit me several times, but when a company very young, with any experience for making an open world-non-linear-RPG show me its first public test, obviously I won't believe they would stand the same "graphic quality" (really better facing what?) two years later, because it's easy to understand (at least, it has to be for mature pepole) that wishes and expectations will be overpast by new tecnology, new ideas, new breaks, new incidentals. unless one only wants to judge a complex work from a visual beautyful performance, made it in the earlier beginings of the game creation..

It is sad to see how these forums are filled each day with unfounded and aggressively wrote complaints. You dispraise the work of the Reds well before having actually played the game, without giving them the benefit of doubt. You rely on old pictures from old builds, you do not even read the hundreds of previous posts on the same complaints (which for some have ben adressed). In short I beg you to stop this madness, can you imagine how it feels for us and the devs who have been waiting so long for this game to see such a shitstorm of conspiracy theories about parity-downgrade and M$ buying the devs to downgrade the game. The grass, the cracks on walls, the tiny rocks under the hooves of Roach... What's the next topic ? The nose hair of Emhyr ? CDPR probably bribed by Activision ?

And for the sake of human kind, stop with that "PC version does not utterly destroy consoles versions" thing. The "PC master race" concept is funny but exhausting in the long run. You will have a great game, maybe the most beautiful open world so far, if it's similar on a ps4, where's the issue ?

If the game proves itself to be downgraded, come back here may 20th and I will make my apologies.

Last edited:
Perhaps is because I'm old and life hit me several times, but when a company very young, with any experience for making an open worldnon-linear-RPG show me its first public test, obviously I won't believe they would stand the same "graphic quality" two years later, because it easy to understand that wishes and expectation will be overpast by new tecnology, new ideas, new breaks, new incidentals. unless one only wants to judge a complex work from a visual beautyful performance, made it in the earlier beginings of the game creation..

I'm not very young either, but when nvidia showcases effects and breaks them down in such detail, I find it reasonable to ask what happened. And I don't mean it in an aggressive way. I understand that rendering techniques break down depending on engine changes or special edge cases. But those effects looked quite robust and to get the impression that a few of those vanished altogether raised some questions as far as I'm concerned.

Now the thing is, no matter what the hyperbole being dished out in this thread might say, we don't know anything for certain. But like another poster said, this is an issue of communication. Without an official word saying "yup guys, still in the game but it's changed a lot and it's less flashy" we're left to the internet speculation olympics.

Anyway, back on topic and still waiting on more information :).

Edit : I also have no end of praise for the reds working on the game. I can't reiterate it on each and every post, but I am floored time and time again by the quality, depth and detail of their work. If I give the impression that I am trying to unsubtly take pot-shots at their competency or talent, this is very, very far from the actual admiration I have for those guys. I mean it when I say they are world-class, even if this has little value from just someone on the internet.

Last edited:
Moderator: Turn this into a platform war, and posts will go away, as will the members who started it.

Posts deleted for cause are not to be repeated under any circumstances.

....I for one think the game looks great :cheers:

Same. I'm really excited! Especially since the console versions will look pretty good! I admit I should have got a PS4 instead of Xbone...but it's what my friends were getting. I'm very thankful that CDPR are bringing this out on consoles so I and a lot of others can experience it. LOVE the Witcher, the books, the games, even the show...So if I never got a chance to play this, I would be sooooooooo sad. lol

But until I have the game in my hnands I cannot make any judgement, nor pro (I don't want to fel hugely disappointing) neither contra (I own no TW3 copy to claim against). All the rest are just opinions, feedbacks, and speculations. At least for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom