The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I heard there were cases when PC game was downgraded to look in par with console version but I have no proof, nor does it really matter now.
Even if visuals at launch of the game were not as seen in some long ago posted trailer, this doesn't mean it wont change over time. I mean PC has advantage in allowing authors to significantly modify games after their release. Who knows, even if CDprojekt doesn't plan to realease enhanced edition of Witcher 3, they may still patch the game somehow over time to add or improve new feautures... so no need to be overly negative.

I wonder as to how much physics graphic feautures (like moving fur), if any are restricted to me as amd card owner, especially now since game also has to run on amd only consoles...

Last edited:
As always, if people have doubts they are free to vote with their wallets. Pre-orders can still be cancelled. Wait for the game to come out, wait for benchmarks, opinions from trusted sources and then decide if you want the game or not.

We can crucify CDPR all we want, but they don't owe us anything, and they certainly did not make us buy expensive rigs just for Witcher 3.

At the end of the day this is still promotional material we're seeing, not material that came out after the fact or one day before release.

Last edited:
The scenery is amazing!
Beautiful lighting and shadow effects. Looks like a painting. I love that.

Just imagine how much the scenery changes with what time of day it is and the weather.
Imagine if there was rain, thunder and lighting in these woods, swamps or hills below:

Attachments

• witcher-visuals.png
    witcher-visuals.png
    228.3 KB · Views: 40
  • witcher-visuals-01.png
    witcher-visuals-01.png
    244.2 KB · Views: 50
  • witcher-visuals-02.png
    witcher-visuals-02.png
    223.5 KB · Views: 42
Guys, you seem to forget what Adam Badowski (managing director at CDPR) said several months ago:
Platform unification exists – we have a single build, which is distributed to each one of them. The game is the same; the draw distance is the same. Minor differences result from the fact that the GPU has different parameters on different consoles, which can result in, e.g., the changes in color temperatures.

That doesn't benefit anyone though, also why just not have the best it can have and have it downscale true options menu.

it does, CDPR, because developing multiple very different versions takes a lot of extra effort. it's perfectly understandable, even if it does not get the best possible results for pc players.

I have no doubt that modders will fix it, just like they do with every game. Remember the awful PC port of Dark Souls and how amazing it looked with the DSFix applied?

It's just sad that CDPR - once the poster child for PC-centric game development - has now gone the way of every AAA studio and is catering to the lowest common denominator, but I guess it was inevitable for the company's long-term survival.

I personally think the game looks amazing on both PC and consoles.

I gotta say CDPR did one hell of a good job on the PS4 even if we do not bring the fact that it is their first game on that platform into consideration.
I am playing the game on PC, but I am happy that our fellow or soon to be Witcher fans can enjoy a great looking game on the consoles as well :)

It looks to be a worthy and epic end to the White Wolf's story.

Thats how development work when u are making multiplatform game. GTA V, AC:Unity, Dragon Age Inquisition, Witcher 3, Far Cry 4 etc etc etc... Each of these game sharing assets across all platforms. Nothing new.

Same here, and i'm pretty upset i must admit... But still i think that the the game will be awesome!
I'm playing this game since 2007, it's too much to give up for graphics.

Is someone had gone up to me right after the release of the Witcher 2 and told that for the next game the terms "Witcher" and "downgrade" will featured often in the same sentence, that some visual compromises will be shown and that blood effects will be toned down I would have laughed in said person's face. Yet here we are.

I can only hope for miracles in the final version or for some kind of "35 minute demo restored"-patch down the road.

The game still looks pretty good though, especially for and open world game. There is no doubt about that and I am impressed with what they achieved on the consoles.
It is just that CDPR set the bar so darn high last time around when it came to visual fidelity and they appeared to be right on track for so long during this game's development.

*Crosses fingers for the final version*

That's apparently PC at its best. Nvidia released that to showcase all their Gameworks effects. This is likely the Ultra "slap in the face" we were promised.

The Bear and horse pictures that were released by Nvidia both look horrible in comparison what we have seen recently from the videos. Let's hope Nvidia screwed up and got some medium setting pictures instead of ultra. The bear picture is probably the worst, I was shocked how bad it looks.

The Bear and horse pictures that were released by Nvidia both look horrible in comparison what we have seen recently from the videos. Let's hope Nvidia screwed up and got some medium setting pictures instead of ultra. The bear picture is probably the worst, I was shocked how bad it looks.

I hope Nvidia have messed up, but I kinda doubt it.

---------- Updated at 09:45 PM ----------

How old are these pics?

The bottom one was released yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom