The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just look how realistic that looks. There huge amount of variety in plants. Little trees bushes. Dont like the terrain mesh or whatever thou. The grassfield photo grass is too bright when u compare it to a real grass. there is diffrent lightning i know

Every time someone says that 30fps is unplayable, somewhere in the world a GPU dies....seriously guys you are over exaggerating...20fps is unplayable, everything 30fps and up is perfectly fine, and if you have the "horse power" to push a game on 60fps, than that's great, but don't go around forums saying that 30fps is the pest -_-

30 is playable 60 is good.

I think it's just how foliage reacts to lighting that seems to be the issue for some people. Foliage quality "looks" much closer, if not identical, to older footage, where the weather is overcast and, as a result, the lighting and foliage - less bright:

So, I think the discussion shouldn't be the asset quality of grass, as I don't believe it has changed, but rather about how grass reacts to lighting, especially in sunny weather.

Personally, it looks just fine to me, but others are clearly bothered by it.

yeah but here you can SEE the damned grass lol, in your shot it was blurred to hell you can't see any grass man. You can't be seriously telling me that when you look at one of the trees in this image:
https://scontent-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/h...5_10152937396559331_4965878422242611151_o.jpg

...then look at the grass, that something doesn't feel off about it. Just look at the trees, then the grass. It's almost like two different art styles are clashing or something. This grass is just SO chunky and under-resolution. I've seen unpaid modders do better work than this in skyrim.

Modders don't need to care about fps. I'll make an ultra high quality grass mod for you ok? But you will only get 5fps with your gtx titan. Is that ok for you? lol. Seriously guys, wait till the game come out, don't like something? mod it. Remember gameplay story first, graphics second.

grass asset definitely changed, its a completely different art style/texture. Grass was so much skinnier before reptileZ, now its chunked and forms lines on the ground due to its chunk-shape.

Didn't look anything like that in older shots, I'm confident in saying that this seems like a completely different asset and it is way worse than it was.

Modders don't need to care about fps. I'll make an ultra high quality grass mod for you ok? But you will only get 5fps with your gtx titan. Is that ok for you? lol. Seriously guys, wait till the game come out, don't like something? mod it. Remember gameplay story first, graphics second.

I agree, but these guys are professionals and there's something called graphical options, not sure if you've heard of those, where grass settings such as gta 5 have normal-high-very high-ultra optional settings.

Just sayin'.

Last edited:
I think it's just how foliage reacts to lighting that seems to be the issue for some people. Foliage quality "looks" much closer, if not identical, to older footage, where the weather is overcast and, as a result, the lighting and foliage - less bright:

So, I think the discussion shouldn't be the asset quality of grass, as I don't believe it has changed, but rather about how grass reacts to lighting, especially in sunny weather.

Personally, it looks just fine to me, but others are clearly bothered by it.

I hope so Reptile, I hope it would be the case plus adding HBAO+ which hopefully results in better lighting

Yeah the latest video released really struck me as far less impressive than videos from a year ago. maybe it's console footage? Otherwise I just don't see anymore how it can be argued that the graphics have not been optimized for consoles even on pc.

well, my day is officially ruined. I'd love an explanation on why this game is so ugly now compared to before but they probably won't ever explain what happened. Hell I've seen some of the developers say it looks better than before.... maybe that person didn't have glasses on or something.

Anyhow I gotta take a break from this forum, this shit is depressing.

So what's the point of this thread again? I'm kind of losing track: Is it to bitch, argue and tear each other to shreds? If that's the case, we need peacekeepers in here now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom