The Witcher 3 - Visuals

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my current playthrough of TW1 just got totally downgraded, dark, gritty, mature and horror like. And all at once! WTF!
View attachment 12846

Attachments

• IMAG0384.jpg
    IMAG0384.jpg
    190.4 KB · Views: 50
So they have removed the super impressive looking fur coat on the guy being stabbed? :(

They also removed his face, his hat, the cabin that was close by and they added more fire, foliage, and changed the time of day.

OR they just completely changed the scene.

OR they just completely changed the scene.

You're right , it looks like they did completely changed the scene, the fur in the VGX trailer seemed really intensive on any hardware, still curious to if we'll be seeing that fur in the game. I'm hoping we'll be seeing the same amount of particle effects from the fire that we saw previously. Also curious as to if they kept the forward soft lit particles in the game.

To me the VGX scene looks better, aesthetically and graphically. There is something going on with the lighting and shadows that I don't really like in the newer trailers/gameplays. The lighting just doesn't look as good as before, seems flatter, and it seems that CD Projekt are trying to artificially brighten the game.

Am I the only one who prefer the new scene ?

No. But keep in mind that in this forum only a little % of fans write their opinion, and not everybody need to do it just for convincing theirself they're right. It's a matter of taste, personal taste and the really important is that we'll enjoy the game by different reasons.

The VGX trailer looks objectively better. Vegetation, lighting, shadows, fur, fire, and particles are better in the VGX trailer.

Is there a (lazy) link to the full scene in question from the newer build? Kind of hard to judge just based from a single screenshot. Not that I doubt what you're saying.

Last edited:
The VGX trailer looks objectively better. Vegetation, lighting, shadows, fur, fire, and particles are better in the VGX trailer. Other areas such as character models are more subjective, but it would be difficult to convince me that the newer footage looks, overall, better.
No it doesn't.

Thanks a bunch!

The armor of the Wild Hunt soldier appears to be in higher resultion and have more detail in the VGX version. Plus the there is no more sexy fur on the poor guy being stabbed. The rest however is very hard to judge since that scene in the VGX version is so dark it hides many of the details while the new build is almost too bright putting all of the small details on display which is like a double-edged sword. Thankfully brightness settings can be easily tweaked.

No it doesn't.
So are you saying that the newer footage looks better than the 2013 footage? To me, it seems that the lighting has definitely changed, and not in a good way. The fire effects also seem to be different, they look more like sprites, and it looks like there are less particle effects than before. This is from 3 seconds of footage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom